Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)

Go down 
+2
kmorg
MetalRob331
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Empty
PostSubject: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Anyone own anything from these guys? Being a big fan of Dream Theater i wonder how these guys stack up to them? I heard a song here and there on dementiaradio but never caught the whole songs. Sounded like a mix between Fates Warning and DT. What do you guys think of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 1:38 pm

I like them better then DT, they're more focused and consistent. They make me think this is what FW would have become if they'd stayed around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:07 pm

They're nothing like Dream Theater, if you ask me. But they are awesome! All three of their albums come highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:07 am

I have a couple of their albums, and I absolutely love "The Fullness Of Time". The song "Sapphire" might be one of my all time favortie prog-metal tunes.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:11 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I like them better then DT, they're more focused and consistent. They make me think this is what FW would have become if they'd stayed around.

DT is probably my fav prog band other then Pagans Mind. Petrucci's guitar work makes me humble There isnt a better prog guitarist out there other then Jorn Lofstad from Pagans Mind.

Im just wondering do they sound more like FW or DT or do they have there own sound. Is it more instrumental or is there some good hooks in there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:46 pm

I'd say they have their own sound, at least between Fates Warning and Dream Theater. Although the stuff on FWX isn't too far off.

How about this:

AS I LAY DYING
THREADS

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:50 pm

All those songs are killer, especially the progressive breakdown passages. I find that song off the Origin of Ruin cd to sound a bit like DT, but which prog band doesn't ( this is not a bad thing at all though). I will def check into them a little more as i love the musicianship and vocals. Thanx EYE!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:01 pm

If you want to hear a band that is DT's little brother, check out Circus Maximus. Their first one especially sounds like the first two DT's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:12 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
If you want to hear a band that is DT's little brother, check out Circus Maximus. Their first one especially sounds like the first two DT's.
You think? I don't hear that at all. I don't know, maybe I'm looking a little deeper.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:42 pm

I have The Origins Of Ruin, are Ray Alder and Bernie Versailles on the other albums??-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:44 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
I have The Origins Of Ruin, are Ray Alder and Bernie Versailles on the other albums??-TJ
Ray is on both of them, but he only does a few guest spots on the first album. There's a different main vocalist on that one. Not sure about the other guy.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanx for the info Eyesore-TJ
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:11 am

I like them a loot. I gots all their material
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:27 am

I like all three albums, particularly the last two. Do yourself a favor and get them.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:33 am

Redemption is a very good Prog band. great stuff. very talented and crisp sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:34 pm

NICE!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Welcome to the board, Kuba.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)   REDEMPTION (Prog Metal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REDEMPTION (Prog Metal)
Page 1 of 1