Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Empty
PostSubject: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:04 pm

Shocked Good greif!!

This stuff is so tech/chops intensive it's almost noisy. TONS of choppy, machine-gun riffing, guitar/bass sweeping, arpeggio-nightmare, jackhammer drumming with small, intense shots of melody interspersed...

While that may sound kind of cool, in theory, it's actually so intense that its hard to listen to...
ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) 615Wc2u4oNL._SL500_AA240_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Have you heard the older stuff and would it compare at all?
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:12 pm

I was planning to get this. Have got their last 3 albums but have only just got the previous album.

How does it compare to previous releases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:14 pm

IMO, it's even more intense...the last one I heard was 'Towers Of Avarice' and thought it was brilliant...this one is darker & more intense, IMO...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:26 pm

I saw someone on another board describe it as Meshuggha with Geof Tate singing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I saw someone on another board describe it as Meshuggha with Geof Tate singing.

Kinda...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Ok, I just saw the same description I mentioned above on another board by a totally different person. So I guess its so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 5:17 pm

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/zero-hour-dark-deceiver-t3205.htm

I win again!

And anyone saying this is like Meshuggah deserves a slap. Meshuggah might be the latest flavor of Kool-Aid for the Blabbermouth Generation™️, but they're nothing like Zero Hour.

As for Zero Hour, keep listening. You may just get it. The band is brilliant! Yes, it is insane, but there is melody and rhythm within the chaos. And it's beautiful! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:03 pm

That's what I want to hear Eyesore. ZH is a band I don't casually listen to very much as I always get sucked into the layers that emanate from my speakers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:54 pm

Quote :
Meshuggah might be the latest flavor of Kool-Aid for the Blabbermouth Generation™,

Bull s h i t...Meshuggah's been around for 19 years...I was listening to them 13 years ago and YES, the new ZH has a Meshuggah influence...if you can't hear it, you're deaf....your logc is flawed. Just because its on Blabbermouth doesn't make it lame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Meshuggah might be the latest flavor of Kool-Aid for the Blabbermouth Generation™,
Bull s h i t...Meshuggah's been around for 19 years...I was listening to them 13 years ago and YES, the new ZH has a Meshuggah influence...if you can't hear it, you're deaf....your logc is flawed. Just because its on Blabbermouth doesn't make it lame.
I might be deaf, but you can't read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

Try making sense....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:03 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Try making sense....
That makes perfect sense. You didn't read—or comprehend, rather—what I said. I don't care how long Meshuggah's been around; it doesn't change the simple fact that they're most definitely the Flavor of the Week band with the idiots that post at Blabbermouth.

But hey, maybe you're right; maybe they're similar. I've just never quite found Zero Hour to be painfully monotonous, boring, and overrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Try making sense....
That makes perfect sense. You didn't read—or comprehend, rather—what I said. I don't care how long Meshuggah's been around; it doesn't change the simple fact that they're most definitely the Flavor of the Week band with the idiots that post at Blabbermouth.

But hey, maybe you're right; maybe they're similar. I've just never quite found Zero Hour to be painfully monotonous, boring, and overrated.

I hear ya. MESHUGGAH being flavor-of-the-whatever isn't really their fault though...they're excellent musicians and always have been even back before anyone knew who they were. And me being someone who loved Destroy Erase Improve as well as Towers Of Avarice, I can most definitely hear older MESHUGGAH in newer ZERO HOUR...the intensity coupled with the wicked, complicated chops is very MESHUGGAH-like to these ears...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:23 am

I was being a dick. My apologies. I'm not in a good mood today. Something is wrong with my dog and it's got me worried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:24 am

Eyesore wrote:
I was being a dick. My apologies. I'm not in a good mood today. Something is wrong with my dog and it's got me worried.

Don't sweat it...hope your dog feels better...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:41 am

Why am I reminded of Nevermore when listening to these samples?

I need more info/samples. I'm not too big into spastic movements. How SOF described it makes me nervous. The sample Eyesore posted on the other thread is pretty good.....but does it get more melodic or more chaotic form there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:43 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Why am I reminded of Nevermore when listening to these samples?

Because of the heavy, stacatto, "machine gun" riffing matched up with the kick drums...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:03 pm

I hear Nevermore a lot in Zero Hour so i'm glad i'm not the only crazy one. Listened to some DD samples and this is a must own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:25 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
...but does it get more melodic or more chaotic form there?
I can't speak for the new album, but they definitely get much more melodic quite often. The clip I posted from the new album is pretty intense for this band, they don't get much crazier than that—at least on their previous albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Here's some more samples:

http://www.zerohourweb.com/music/Zero%20Hour-Evidence%20of%20the%20Unseen%20(Rough%20Mix-sample).mp3

http://www.zerohourweb.com/music/Zero%20Hour-There%20for%20Me.mp3

http://www.zerohourweb.com/music/Zero%20Hour-Stratagem-full.mp3

http://www.zerohourweb.com/music/Zero%20Hour-Eyes%20of%20Denial-sample.mp3
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 8:17 pm

I am not so sure about the Meshuggah comparisons because I am not familiar with that band, but I am reminded of bands like Nevermore, Communic, Pathos and Biomechanical when I hear Zero Hour. I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:16 pm

I definately hear the meshuggah influence but there is a lot more to Zero Hour. Although I love both bands. The old school vox over ZH's music makes for a killer sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:30 pm

UndertakingNewZealand,

Welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Ha thanks. Nice to be welcomed. Killer pic of the TSO lights and guitar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next