Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released

Go down 
+34
sam
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
metalheaded
Lurideath
mr.electric39
Skysplitter
Troublezone
Mglaffas81
juanmiguel
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
MetalGuy71
Muloc7253
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Selvmord
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Wargod
candlemass
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalRob331
krokus
TheGooch
GrandNational
Invader
iamrockerfun
Rex
ghostintheruins
mc666
ultmetal
ghost
tul
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:18 pm

spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Same with the latest Deliverance with the long drawn out songs and stale vocal approach.

Why I oughtta..... angry

To each their own.

I think Rob actually sounds very very good on this one. His voice seems energized but its the music that is keeping me from loving the cd.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:50 pm

I personally love this song, along with the other number that I've heard from Nostradamus, "Visions". Local station WCCC seems to share the same opinion as I.

I can't wait for the full length record to come out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Same with the latest Deliverance with the long drawn out songs and stale vocal approach.

Why I oughtta..... angry

To each their own.

I think Rob actually sounds very very good on this one. His voice seems energized but its the music that is keeping me from loving the cd.

Alex

You wanna go?! Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 505193 Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 430996 :curls: :mad:
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:57 pm

yeah grim reaper try me.....

Alex

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:25 pm

i finally got around to listning and it was awsome, can't wait for the cd
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:42 pm

The entire album has already been leaked on numerous sites, but I'm resisting. I've only heard the two songs they've officially released. I'm excited to go out and buy it.
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 pm

Great song man. Great song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:44 pm

It's one of the best Priest songs in years.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:52 pm

Well I got mine in the mail today and just finished listening to it. I'll be giving it some more listens since I really didnt find anything that blew me away. Theres a couple spots here and there but its pretty much a mid tempo album. There isnt anything that would remind you of old school Priest at all so if you think there is dont even bother buying it new wait til you find it used or something cause you will definetly be let down.

i also got the limited book edition. It looks cool but there isnt any extras with it or anything its just a oversized book for 2 cds. I thought it was going to be more like their last album book style. Theres no pictures of the band either so im glad I didnt get the deluxe vinyl and cd version.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Rats. All Music gave it 2 1/2 stars out of 5. Here's the link to the review there: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:fnfyxzujldfe

*sigh* This was what I was afraid of, but I'll still be picking it up and render my final verdict after giving the entire thing a few spins.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 pm

i'll buy it anyway, i will probaly like it a good bit
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:23 pm

From what I heard, it's probably a really good album, but not very much like the Priest we all know. So some will write it off completely, while others will sit with it a while and get to know it better. Then they'll make love to it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Rats. All Music gave it 2 1/2 stars out of 5. Here's the link to the review there: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:fnfyxzujldfe

*sigh* This was what I was afraid of, but I'll still be picking it up and render my final verdict after giving the entire thing a few spins.

I dont go by reviews especially of new stuff. because you never know how many times that person actually listened to the cd. I would say its better than a 2 1/2. Like Eyesore says its not like the Priest we know which is why people looking for a classic priest album wont like this at all. Im used to them sounding how they have been since Owens was in the band theyr just writing better songs.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:24 am

for some reason, i'm really not liking the new album... it's too different.
I'm used to priest being ballsy-heavy-metal.... maybe it will take a few listen to fully appreciate it, but at the minute, it's not working for me.
kinda like the latest Iced Earth release...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:29 am

I will buy this album to help me go to sleep. I'm not saying it's bad just too atmospheric and unmetal for me to get pumped up on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:25 am

Vh1 is streaming the entire album...

http://www.vh1.com/music/the_leak/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
From what I heard, it's probably a really good album, but not very much like the Priest we all know. So some will write it off completely, while others will sit with it a while and get to know it better. Then they'll make love to it.

Luckily the hole in the middle is just the right size.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

[url=http://www.vh1.com/music/the_leak/
http://www.vh1.com/music/the_leak/[/quote[/url]]

I'm not getting too excited about this. First off, I'm not a big fan of any metal band doing the orchestral stuff (with a few exceptions) and the clips I'm hearing ain't doing much for me. I still want to pick it up and give it a fair shake on a real stereo, but it doesn't look good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 am

I'm just not that interested for a couple of reasons...

- AoR, while good, wasn't amazing

- I can't see JP making the leap from straightforward Metal songs (for the last 30 years) to suddenly being an epic, concept-Metal band...I can understand them wanting to do something different, but that is a HUGE leap, IMO.

Plus, Nikolo Kotzev already did a 2-CD, Nostrodamus concept album...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:44 am

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

http://www.vh1.com/music/the_leak/[/quote]

I'm not getting too excited about this. First off, I'm not a big fan of any metal band doing the orchestral stuff (with a few exceptions) and the clips I'm hearing ain't doing much for me. I still want to pick it up and give it a fair shake on a real stereo, but it doesn't look good.

That's what i'm saying.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Definitely is different. Though it might not be their best, it'll still be better than most of the crap out there.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Picked it up at lunch time!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:05 pm

I've been listening to this and its quite a let down to me. A few decent songs and lots of slow interludes. I like Rob's voice at times as he tries new things but overall this album is just NOT Priest that I like.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm

I have to change the album. It can't be played on any cd player, it has a bubble on the cd, so it can't rotate like it is supposed
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:34 pm

It is.... different - sounds like a heavy metal andrew lloyd webber broadway music written by Priest and starring Halford.

It's one you have to listen to all the way through and have to invest time to take it all in - my first though were broadway and this is priest's music from the elder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next