Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released

Go down 
+34
sam
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
metalheaded
Lurideath
mr.electric39
Skysplitter
Troublezone
Mglaffas81
juanmiguel
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
MetalGuy71
Muloc7253
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Selvmord
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Wargod
candlemass
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalRob331
krokus
TheGooch
GrandNational
Invader
iamrockerfun
Rex
ghostintheruins
mc666
ultmetal
ghost
tul
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
candlemass wrote:
I quite like it. Cool
The newest one, "Visions?"

Yea
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Enjoy "Visions" WAY more than the titletrack. At least the former doesnt reminisce of something theyve already done, only worse, but actually something new for what it is and good at that. Still get the impression the production isnt that great and the "compressed" guitar sound that remind me of the Ram It DOwn release which probably had their worst production ever, but it's hard to tell by these shitty low-quality streams.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:48 pm

We're just getting a taste, I think the LP's gonna smoke! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:41 am

Still great! Metal Gods never die!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:49 am

I think at this point, I'm going to avoid listening to anymore tracks or reading any reviews. Like Eyesore mentioned in the Testament post, the more we build up this hype and anticipation or pick every single note apart, the harder it's gonna be for this album to live up to it when it's finally released. I will buy this album, I want to like this album and I want to hear it fresh without any preconceived notions or opinions.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:12 pm

i might have to follow you metalguy. Since this is supposed to an album that fits together I want to hear it as one work and then make a judgement. i wasnt as impressed with the vision though as nostradameus.

Alex

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:10 am

I was watching the UFC pay per view and the one spanish fighter antonio mendes*** came out with Nostradamus as his entrance music pretty sweet...
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:29 pm

can't wait to see 'em live ... it'll be just amazing.
hope that some of yall gonna watch 'em also
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:06 am

Video teaser of "War":

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:26 pm

ghost wrote:
Video teaser of "War":

I like this one too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Well I have the promo for the album now. Yeah it indeed runs together to make it different, but I think the orchestra is wayyy too much! Don't get me wrong, the guitars and all the instruments are KILLER!!! Rob's voice is still powerful and he's trying new things. But I am starting to think the orchestra is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:19 pm

Lookin' forward to the Masters of Metal tour with them on it!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:57 pm

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/judas_priest/2284206/album.jhtml whole album streamed here!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 pm

You beat me to that man. LOL
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 pm

lol I did that purposely...
I only listened to 2 songs. It was pretty much how I figured it was going to be. Its ok but I really wish they would write or atleast use a different sound. All the albums since painkiller sound too over produced.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Whole album streaming here too:

http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/judas_priest/nostradamus/#

I have it playing as background music as I do other stuff so I'm not listening with my full attention, but it sounds OK thus far. I doubt I'm going to hear the entire album tonight.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:40 am

I can already hear the bellyaching that is coming just like after Manowar's Gods of War. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 pm

lol I likes Gods Of War
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol I likes Gods Of War

Me as well.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Quote :
You know, that opening scream actually sounded like Rob was doing a Tim Owens impression. Pretty cool.

Haha! That's great, and ironic.

This thread has me pumped. I might have to consider this one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:19 am

I've listened to the whole leaked album and i'm afraid it's not going to grow on me. I understand it's a concept record but the length of the songs and the drawn out intros are too much. I want to like this but i''ll probably get a used copy to check it out when i have the time to sit in one place for an hour and a half. Same with the latest Deliverance with the long drawn out songs and stale vocal approach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Aside from a few tracks that I've listened to already, I'm saving my first listen for when I buy the actual album on Tuesday. So far, it sounds pretty awesome. However, I hope that the album has some more straight-forward riff-based tunes, like "Wheels Of Fire" from AOR (or all of their older material). I'm really into the concept album, orchestrata thing, but it's still Priest. I want to hear some attitude-filled metal as well!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:56 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Aside from a few tracks that I've listened to already, I'm saving my first listen for when I buy the actual album on Tuesday. So far, it sounds pretty awesome. However, I hope that the album has some more straight-forward riff-based tunes, like "Wheels Of Fire" from AOR (or all of their older material). I'm really into the concept album, orchestrata thing, but it's still Priest. I want to hear some attitude-filled metal as well!

I'm afraid most of it maybe 75% is atmospheric orchestrations.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:08 pm

Thats my initial opinion too TZ. I think maybe if they had done a single cd and cut out all the 'mood' stuff I might have a different opinion. I will probably pick this one up used as I am sure there will be lots of used ones out there not too far off...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:16 pm

troublezone wrote:
Same with the latest Deliverance with the long drawn out songs and stale vocal approach.

Why I oughtta..... angry

To each their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released   Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest Nostradamus Title track released
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next