Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Olafsto
jstate
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
Smindas
rattpoison
MetalRob331
candlemass
DeathCult
Shiney
TrogDawn
HellRaiser
the sentinel
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:38 pm

Quote :
King of Kings - Motorhead

Ult, where is that from? I never heard of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Excuse me, sir. I'm not ult, but I believe that is an exclusive to the WWE Motorhead song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Excuse me, sir. I'm not ult, but I believe that is an exclusive to the WWE Motorhead song.

Thanks for that. Was that on a WWE compilation or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:51 pm

It's Triple H's theme song I think.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:08 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It's Triple H's theme song I think.

I thought that was "The Game". I dunno for sure though. Don't watch rasslin', so I have no idea what song that big lug likes to make his entrance to.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Metalhead by Savatage is another great one to add to the list. Love those silver editions! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Here's some more (w/MP3s).

DEF LEPPARD - GOOD MORNING FREEDOM
This was only ever available on the b-side of the "Hello America 7" single. Such a cool tune; it should have made the album.

DEF LEPPARD - GLAD I'M ALIVE (LIVE)
This is one of their earliest songs, written in 1978. There is a demo version, but I think this live version is better. There's never been an official studio version, though. Killer tune!

DEF LEPPARD - TRUTH (ORIGINAL VERSION)
This was a b-side to one of the single from Slang. This is probably the heaviest song Def Leppard has ever written. The version that ended up on Slang, though, is really different and not nearly as heavy. The original version is pretty sweet.

SYSTEM OF A DOWN - STORAGED
This song comes from around 1997. It exists in demo form and was recorded during the self-titled sessions. Both are nearly identical, though. It was on the Japanese version of the self-titled, and later was on a single or two, but I think it's a badass little tune. Definitely should have been on the regular version of the album.

MUTHA'S DAY OUT - IDIOT AMONG US (DEMO)
This band put out one of my favorite albums, My Soul Is Wet, back in the 90s. They were young kids and the album isn't mindblowing, but it is a great alt-rock album. The members have gone on to form some bands far removed from Mutha's Day Out. Namely, Rwake, Deadbird, and Copsodomy.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:07 pm

My favorite Cheap Trick song is "Reach Out", from the Heavy Metal movie soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:05 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Anthrax - Poison My Eyes
Megadeth - One Thing, Duke Nukem Theme, New World Order
Black Sabbath - Psycho Man, Selling My Soul, The Devil Cried, Shadow Of The Wind and Ear In The Wall

All great choices, especially Poison My Eyes.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:06 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Yup. Great song. I have it as a ring tone on my phone and on my iPod.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Those Def Leppard songs rock! 🤘

Truth? is spectacular!! I would be the biggest fan ever if they were still doing stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Rob Halford's "Light Comes Out Of Black" should've been included on the first Fight album (WAR OF WORDS). I refuse to buy the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" movie soundtrack CD just to have that one frickin' song!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Overthrow - Conformity in the Institute comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:54 am

Quote :
ultmetal wrote: Distarnished Priest - Mortification

You mean "Time Crusaders"?

Instead of only correcting others, I could mention Light Force's Epidemic of Injustice, Atomic Decay and Back to Basics that never appeared on a studio album since the studio album Epidemic of Injustice never appeared...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Hide in the Rainbow - DIO (from the Iron Eagle soundtrack)

Haugtussen wrote:
Quote :
ultmetal wrote: Distarnished Priest - Mortification

You mean "Time Crusaders"?

Instead of only correcting others, I could mention Light Force's Epidemic of Injustice, Atomic Decay and Back to Basics that never appeared on a studio album since the studio album Epidemic of Injustice never appeared...

Yes, "Time Crusaders". Embarassed

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:25 am

Here's some great songs that never made it to studio albums with mp3's.

Just after you download them rename them and put .mp3 on the end of the file name.

Guns N' Roses - Shadow Of Your Love

Circa 1986 probably during the Live Like A Suicide sessions which was basically them recording songs and dubbing crowd noises over them. Also the Rolling Stones Jumping Jack Flash and Elvis's Heartbreak Hotel were recorded in the same sessions.

Anyway the song is a scratching back alley fight between Nazareth and the Sex Pistols. Totally raw and uncomprimising. Surprising it didn't make the cut for Appetite but then that album is pretty much flawless. But definately one of their faster punk thrashing's.

Mother Love Bone - No Blues For You

I think this demo was around 1989 or something maybe during the Apple sessions.

Its a great song starting with a typical Andrew Wood piano opening. Sometimes recalls the open Zeppelinesque pastoral moments of Jane's Addiction meets ancient slow Aerosmith.

Could be interchangeable with a number of songs on Apple but again that album is flawless.

Hanoi Rocks - Oil And Gasoline

A weird one that i think was dubbed too weird for their albums. Basically an ode to a man's love for his car ala Queen's "I'm In Love With My Car" but also straying into Circus Of Power's sleazy woman/car comparison "Motor" territory.

That itself isn't really weird but the music soundtracking it is. Almost devoid of guitars with all sorts of strange sounds. Bringing to mind the Rolling Stones or more accurately Brian Jones's affinity with 'World Musics'.

Last edited by rattpoison on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:18 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Those Def Leppard songs rock! 🤘

Truth? is spectacular!! I would be the biggest fan ever if they were still doing stuff like this.
They do, right? The band has some other really heavy b-sides. These songs are b-sides for a reason, but it shows that Def Leppard are capable of writing heavy tunes. They're not this "pop" band that they would have you believe they are. Of course, their version of pop isn't quite what most of us think of the term, but still...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:25 am

For some reason, those tracks rattpoison uploaded do not have the file extension associated to them. So download them, then right-click and rename the file to something that has .mp3 as an extension. They'll play that way.

Diggin' this GNR song. 🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:50 am

Yeah thats right, its a simple as sticking a .mp3 on the end of it.

Your right about Def Leppard's b-sides, you could say that idea was similar to their hero's Sweet. Who were known as a pop band but on the b-sides and album tracks stuck on some really heavy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3