Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Olafsto
jstate
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
Smindas
rattpoison
MetalRob331
candlemass
DeathCult
Shiney
TrogDawn
HellRaiser
the sentinel
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Empty
PostSubject: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:21 pm

The original albums, that is. My vote goes to Slayer's Aggressive Perfector, a little ditty that was released on one of the Metal Massacre compilations, later on the Reign In Blood re-issue. I'm a young 'un, so I wasn't around for the original version of RIB, only familiar with the remaster. But I can't imagine liking that album as much without being able to turn to that track. The opening riff is so badass. headbanger
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:59 pm

WASP's "The Manimal" is a great tune that I believe made it's debut on Live...in the Raw.

Trigger, I give you props for an original thread topic. cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 pm

W.A.S.P.'s Harder Faster since sentinel took my first thought. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:03 pm

I was shocked that "Tear It Down" didn't make Def Leppard's Hysteria album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I was shocked that "Tear It Down" didn't make Def Leppard's Hysteria album.
Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:24 pm

-Motorhead - "Too Late, Too Late"
-Aerosmith - "Chip Away At The Stone" (Gems doesn't count as a studio album)
-Led Zeppelin - "Hey Hey, What Can I Do"
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Motley Crue's 'Toast Of The Town' - obviously it was added to the re-issues, but originally it was only the b-side to the 'Stick To Your Guns' single.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 pm

LED ZEPPELIN - "Hey Hey What Can I Do" (b-side of "Immigrant Song" single)
TED NUGENT - "Gonzo" and "Yank Me Crank Me" (from Double Live Gonzo!)
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:18 pm

"Prophecy" should have appeared on Queensryche's Rage For Order originally. The song is awesome!

"Suing God" should have appeared on Therapy?'s Semi-Detached. You guys have likely heard neither.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:22 pm

"Prophecy" was on the s/t debut E.P., as well as the soundtrack for DECLINE OF WESTERN CIV. II: THE METAL YEARS"

"Cradle TO The Grave" by MOTORHEAD is an awesome tune...that was only on that soundtrack as well...killer guitar sound on that.....

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Iron Maiden- Total Eclipse

Eyesore took mine on The Prophecy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Why is "Prophecy" considered a non-studio track?

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Shiney wrote:
"Prophecy" was on the s/t debut E.P., as well as the soundtrack for DECLINE OF WESTERN CIV. II: THE METAL YEARS"
True. But it was written during the Rage For Order sessions. Or at least the EP version was recorded during those sessions. It was put on the repressing of the EP; it wasn't on the original.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shiney wrote:
True. But it was written during the Rage For Order sessions. Or at least the EP version was recorded during those sessions. It was put on the repressing of the EP; it wasn't on the original.

Prophecy is a bit of a mess - it was put on the original CD pressing of the EP, then taken back off the EP and put on The Warning as a bonus track when Queensryche's albums were remastered in 2003.

Of course I own the remastered EP and the original The Warning so I don't have it on either release angry (well, the remastered EP has a live version of it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 pm

HellRaiser wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shiney wrote:
Prophecy is a bit of a mess - it was put on the original CD pressing of the EP, then taken back off the EP and put on The Warning as a bonus track when Queensryche's albums were remastered in 2003.

Of course I own the remastered EP and the original The Warning so I don't have it on either release angry (well, the remastered EP has a live version of it).
I know! Why not put it on the remastered version of Rage For Order? Plenty of demos exist from The Warning era, along with some unreleased tunes. Those could have gone on the reissue. There's actually a really cool demo of theirs called "Rage For Order" that could have gone on the RFO reissue. Part of the song later was used for "Anarchy X."

It baffles me the choices bands or labels make sometimes when it comes to releases like this.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:10 pm

Rigor Mortis- Foaming At The Mouth

Should've really been on the S/T originally

Black Sabbath- The Fallen

The track should AT LEAST be tossed on as a bonus to a future remaster of Born Again since it didnt make the final cut, along with the rest of the supposed tracks they recorded with Ian.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 pm

DeathCult wrote:

The track should AT LEAST be tossed on as a bonus to a future remaster of Born Again since it didnt make the final cut, along with the rest of the supposed tracks they recorded with Ian.

Sure couldn't have made it any worse! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Who Scared You - The Doors

Recorded during The Soft Parade sessions, didn't make the cut, but it should've.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 pm

The Damage Done by Alter Bridge, this song along with 2 other tracks is only on the Best Buy copy of Blackbird. The reason Mark left it off the cd is because the song would have given the album too much of a metal feel..

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:21 am

Funny i was thinking about this the other day

Rene Berg - London Town***
Dogs D'Amour - As I See The Poppies Fall
Quireboys - Mayfair
Suede - Killing Of A Flash Boy
Guns N' Roses - Shadow Of Your Love
Hanoi Rocks - Rebel On The Run
New York Dolls - Give Him A Great Big Kiss
Faces - Cut Across Shorty
Motorcycle Boy - I Hate The Sunset Strip
The Throbs - Pin Up Girls
Sea Hags - To The Sea
Mother Love Bone - No Blues For You

***That is one of the greatest songs i've ever heard
http://www.myspace.com/reneberg

there is a ton of others i can't think of at the moment....................

Last edited by rattpoison on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:22 am

candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Sure couldn't have made it any worse! lol!

You have NO idea what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:30 am

anthrax - "poison my eyes" (last action hero soundtrack). better than anything on sound of white noise & stomp 442, and i love both albums!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 am

Have to agree with Rattpoison's choice in "Shadow of Your Love" by GN'R definitely should've been on a studio album. Great song that wouldn't have been out of place on Appetite.

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:50 am

KING'S X - "Junior's Gone Wild"
MASTEDON - "Wasn't It Love"
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:52 am

Anthrax - Poison My Eyes
Megadeth - One Thing, Duke Nukem Theme, New World Order
Metallica - No Leaf Clover
Boston - Higher Power
Black Sabbath - Psycho Man, Selling My Soul, The Devil Cried, Shadow Of The Wind and Ear In The Wall
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?   Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great songs that didn't appear on studio albums?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next