Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!

Go down 
+15
EvyMetal
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
ghostintheruins
ghost
TrogDawn
Troublezone
mc666
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
powermacho
DeathCult
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Has Priest actually announced there WILL be lots of orchestration on this new album? Just because it's a concept shouldnt automatically mean orchestration aplenty. I hope so anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:37 pm

St Patrik wrote:
Has Priest actually announced there WILL be lots of orchestration on this new album? Just because it's a concept shouldnt automatically mean orchestration aplenty. I hope so anyway.

Define "lots". I recently read somewhere that there will definaelty be some orchestration. I believe it was K.K. that said something to the effect of "Right now, it's all MIDI recordings and we're deciding on whether to use keyboards or bring in a real orchestra". As to how much orchestration is still anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Great news! I'm looking forward to new Priest music!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:46 pm

YEAH DUDE! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:10 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:
If you like power metal, how could you say that the new album sounds silly?

Because I generally don't like concept albums in the first place and I think there's going to be a lot of filler on this album. That's my initial thoughts. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Just because I like a genre it doesn't mean certain bands/albums from said genre can't sound silly. Heck, my metal of choice is glam. Very Happy

Good point. My unyielding love for Priest has caused me to forget that I, too, am often disappointed when artists cross genres. Man, even Turbo I have mixed feelings about. On the other hand, Twisted Sister rules! Go figure, eh?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:56 am

We got any album artwork for it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:30 am

get_the_firehouse wrote:
If you like power metal, how could you say that the new album sounds silly? I think it sounds epic. That being said, I don't think the story will take priority. Whereas an album like Iced Earth's Framing Armageddon seemed to compromise much of the aggression for stroy fluency, I think Priest will keep it well balanced. I picture a more complex, orchestrated version of Painkiller.

I anxiously await the metal meltdown.
Priest is power metal? Moreover, when have they ever been epic? This is the kind of album that many, many bands have attempted and failed at in the past. And knowing Halford's penchant for writing ridiculously cheesy lyrics, it's quite easy to imagine this being quite silly.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:38 am

Should be good for JP fans, I know for me it will slay of course I have always liked JP.

Wargod48

NP: Iron Cross - Steel Warrior
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Cant wait for the tour!
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Quote :
And knowing Halford's penchant for writing ridiculously cheesy lyrics, it's quite easy to imagine this being quite silly.

Goes without saying really. I can't imagine it not being cheesy, still looking forward to it though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Quote :
I think Priest will keep it well balanced

I hope so but I have some doubts. Priest, and especially Halford, aren't always balanced musically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:27 pm

ghostintheruins wrote:
Quote :
And knowing Halford's penchant for writing ridiculously cheesy lyrics, it's quite easy to imagine this being quite silly.

Goes without saying really. I can't imagine it not being cheesy, still looking forward to it though!

yeah. When you buy a Priest album you have to expect a fair amount of cheesiness with it.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:27 pm

I love Priest, but a concept album is such a difficult thing to pull off most of the time. It can be done, and it can be done extremely well, but for me, most of the time, a concept album just isn't very good. I have hope for this album, as I loved AOR, but I am going to contain my excitement until I've heard it.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:49 pm

I cant wait for the new album. Priest is the Greatest Metal Band around! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Track listing's been revealed...

Dawn of Creation

"Prophecy"

Awakening

"Revelations"

The Four Horsemen

"War"

Sands of Time

"Pestilence And Plague"

"Death"

Peace

"Conquest"

"Lost Love"

"Persecution"

Solitude

"Exiled"

"Alone"

Shadows In the Flame

"Visions"

Hope

"New Beginnings"

Calm Before the Storm

"Nostradamus"

"Future Of Mankind"

Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:38 pm

Skysplitter wrote:
I cant wait for the new album. Priest is the Greatest Metal Band around! 🤘

Nice avatar, I have that LP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2