Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!

Go down 
+15
EvyMetal
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
ghostintheruins
ghost
TrogDawn
Troublezone
mc666
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
powermacho
DeathCult
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 pm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=35665
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Great news.

I for one, am looking forward to this. AOR was such a strong comeback.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Indeed. I have very high anticipations for this one. They've defenitely redeemed themselves from that Demolition piece in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:41 pm

I wonder what does the special package has.I hope is another DCD like anger of retribution, but I am sure most of us will get that one. 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 pm

"Call for the Priest...I'm Dyyyyiiinnnn!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:47 pm

I'll get it, obviously. AOR was a great album, and I only envision this one as getting better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:19 pm

JUDAS PRIEST WILL RULE THE WORLD ONCE AGAIN!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:06 am

definitely looking forward to this one! Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! 604261

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:10 am

I hope it will better than the last one which i thought was a lackluster.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:15 am

troublezone wrote:
the album as a whole, i agree. however it had some classic Priest material on it. like Judas Rising, Deal With The Devil, & Hellrider.

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:29 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:56 am

I like AOR very much. For sure not their best album, but an excellent comeback. I still play it regular. I'm really looking forward to the new one...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:25 am

mc666 wrote:
troublezone wrote:
the album as a whole, i agree. however it had some classic Priest material on it. like Judas Rising, Deal With The Devil, & Hellrider.

That's true but there isn't enough good stuff to hold my attention.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:01 am

Iced Earth is opening for Priest in Germany:

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=35667
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:24 am

Combined with the Priest/Heaven And Hell/Motorhead tour, 2008 is going to be a smurfin' great year for the Priest! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:12 am

I'm not going to pooh-pooh this album without hearing it. A lot of people have been doing that since it was announced like two years ago. But I can't help but think of Judas Priest and simply see the idea of this album as ridiculous. Haha. It just seems...out there.
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:13 am

Great news! Surprisingly early release too. I was expecting it ~september
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:26 am

Nothing will be the same 4 me after turbo,that was my fave but got alot of flak as being too commercial.................i wish Halford would have a reunion with Fight as they were friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:31 am

Downing sez the album will be "over an hour and a half long"? I guess this means it should be a double CD?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:40 am

Looking forward to this one for sure.

[quote]Iced Earth is opening for Priest in Germany:

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=35667[/quote]

Rippers Ex's unite.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:47 am

While I'm excited about having NEW Judas Priest songs, I can't help but think that a concept album about Nostradamus with an orchestra backing them might end up a bit silly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:11 pm

If you like power metal, how could you say that the new album sounds silly? I think it sounds epic. That being said, I don't think the story will take priority. Whereas an album like Iced Earth's Framing Armageddon seemed to compromise much of the aggression for stroy fluency, I think Priest will keep it well balanced. I picture a more complex, orchestrated version of Painkiller.

I anxiously await the metal meltdown.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm always up for new Priest, but after having my hopes dashed with that last Iced Earth album, the thought of another one of my favorite bands going all orchestral & epic has me concerned. The proof will be in the pudding I suppose and I'll try not to let it taint (tee-he!!) my pre-conceived notions. Bring it on!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:51 pm

i just hope they don't pull a Manowar on everyone

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:56 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
If you like power metal, how could you say that the new album sounds silly?

Because I generally don't like concept albums in the first place and I think there's going to be a lot of filler on this album. That's my initial thoughts. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Just because I like a genre it doesn't mean certain bands/albums from said genre can't sound silly. Heck, my metal of choice is glam. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!   Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest's Nostradamus Release Date Finalized!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next