Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where Did You Get THAT Name From?

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ghost
Smindas
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
XYZ
Required Fields
Stender
jstate
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
thejokeriv
the sentinel
White_Mage
mc666
tohostudios
Shiney
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 pm

So you thrash wheat or what? They still do that in Kentucky don't they? Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:21 pm

He rapes the fields and pillages the women.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:22 pm

He's a tobacco thrasher!

don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:26 pm

well I started out looking for other tobacco thrashers here,but all you guys wanna talk about it music so I said "What the Heck?!" Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:29 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
As I finished high school and entered the "real" world I was a real mess. Imbibing mucho toxic substances and my personality equals mostly assholian. I knew about Christianity but wanted nothing to do with it as I knew it mostly as hypocritical. I set out on a search to prove it was just another religion to enslave us but got hung up on the tomb. Even most experts of antiquity grant that it was empty and the reasons used to explain it away are fairly goofy. As I discovered what real Christianity was it helped me change my life.

Nice cool
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:32 pm

I think this is one of the best threads I have ever read. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Some really cool stories here.

The first ezboard I ever signed up for was based on the George RR Martin series A Song of Ice and Fire. My favorite character from the series was and is Tyrion, so I wanted to tie into him somehow. Tyrion is a dwarf, but several times in the series, Martin refers to him in ways that imply that his stature as a human being is much more than his physical height. I like that idea, and so I wanted to extend that sort of dichotomy to my user name, so "Tall Tyrion" is a rather obvious attempt at that.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

The first ezboard I ever signed up for was based on the George RR Martin series A Song of Ice and Fire. My favorite character from the series was and is Tyrion, so I wanted to tie into him somehow. Tyrion is a dwarf, but several times in the series, Martin refers to him in ways that imply that his stature as a human being is much more than his physical height. I like that idea, and so I wanted to extend that sort of dichotomy to my user name, so "Tall Tyrion" is a rather obvious attempt at that.

cool
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:57 pm

It's for the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. I know that's obvious to some, but with my Black Sabbath avatar people might sometimes get confused. The Healer part comes from the song they usually opened with, "The Faith Healer".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:03 pm

spectrefate wrote:
You all can eat it, my friends. Smile
Does it come with fries?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:06 pm

...and coleslaw. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

The funny thing about that name is that on another forum someone's username was Tyrion. When I was mapping out the outline and planning for my fantasy novel I created a list of potential names of characters, towns, food, geographical locations, etc. Tyrion was a name I had on that list.

Then I read the SoIaF series. Haha. Imagine if I'd written a story using that name? What a tool I would have been. Now I Google every name I think would be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:09 pm

spectrefate wrote:
...and coleslaw. Smile
I don't like coleslaw. Can I get double fries?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:10 pm

SAHB - that's news to me. Good to know. I never asked because your advanced age intimidates me, but now I know!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I don't like coleslaw. Can I get double fries?

You got it.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Well, if I have to explain to you who I got mine..... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:25 pm

Quote :
Tyrion is a dwarf

Easily my favorite character in a series FULL of great characters (in what has become my second favorite series ever behind LOTR)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Quote :
What a tool I would have been

Would have?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Cool,I've always wondered what your name meant.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:35 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

Cool,I've always wondered what your name meant.

I thought he was a Judas Priest fan and just misspelled "Tyrant"
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:49 pm

I use to be a communist back in high school, so I called myself Chairman Smith in comparison to Chairman Mao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:01 pm

It's from an old Billy Joel song Modern Woman..."maybe she's the quiet type who's into heavy metal". Many many years ago my husband said that song reminded him of me.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Hm, where did I get this name from? First thing that came to mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Quote :
It's from an old Billy Joel song Modern Woman..."maybe she's the quiet type who's into heavy metal". Many many years ago my husband said that song reminded him of me.

That's sweet, it makes me wonder what these guys would pick for their wives. I think it's strange that you guys wondered where people got their names but never asked before. I know Uncle is like that. He found out his mom was moving to Florida and I asked him where and he had no idea, he didn't ask. He's not one for details. Is that a guy thing?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Thrasher73 - LAME!
Spectrefate - merry!
FatFreddy - DORKY!
MetalGuy - YOU WISH!
Ultmetal - EGO!?!

T-Roy - KILLER NAME 🤘 !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Did You Get THAT Name From?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: