Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where Did You Get THAT Name From?

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ghost
Smindas
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
XYZ
Required Fields
Stender
jstate
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
thejokeriv
the sentinel
White_Mage
mc666
tohostudios
Shiney
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:28 am

My username comes from the band XYZ. Not the glam band, but the failed band eX-Yes-&-Zeppelin. It would have been made up of Jimmy Page, Alan White, and Chris Squire, but it never happened. Robert Plant was asked to join, but he didn't like the progressive nature of the music. So, it's kind of my tribute to this failed project.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:34 am

the sentinel wrote:
The Sentinel: an ever vigilant watchman;a soldier stationed as a guard to challenge all comers and prevent a surprise attack.
a.k.a. an Argus. cool

the sentinel wrote:
I originally wanted to go with Iron Man because that was my favorite comic as a kid and of course I would have an avatar of him.
Can't wait for the movie next month! What a Face

the sentinel wrote:
I was going to use my real name, Chaim Witz, but I didn't want anyone to make fun of me. Peace.
My current drummer's name is Chaim Dernum...what's there to make fun of? surprised
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:51 am

Mine's pretty dern obvious, My name's Evan, some people call me Evy for short. Me and my friends joke around with thick british accents, like "we listen to the 'eavy metal" getting rid of the h. So Evy Metal is a portmanteu. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:00 am

My user name comes off a word I used in my amateur comedy sets when I imitated certain foreign people - When I wanted to imitate people from Turkey, I just mumbled "Horky Torky" (with rolled r's) - And I thought it was too un-original to just go "mumbaba-baba-bluba etc." for African people, so I tried to think of something else. One day, I was bored, and just started typing random things in Microsoft Word.. after a couple of times, "Mglaffas" came up, and I thought "hey, that's catchy" - So I used that. Quickly, it became my trademark word, and quickly became my username on various forums. The "81" comes from when I once forgot the password for a forum I had just signed into, and had to sign up again - And since "Mglaffas" had already been used when I signed in with the other account, I just randomly added "81" - Then, it just became a reflex to add "81" at the end.

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:00 am

My name in the real world is Saminder (I'm half Indian, so I have a nice and Indian name), although most people just call me Sam - a lot easier, indeed. But anyway, Smindas is basically the result of slurring Saminder. Bet noone saw that coming ;P

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:33 am

When I used my first email domain, I didn't want to use my real email address erverywhere to avoid getting spam mails. So I registered an address that I could use everywhere and throw it away when I will get to many spam. I thought about a name and thought that ghost would fit well for that purpose. After that I started using that name on forums, and wherever a virual username is required.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:48 am

Trogdawn wrote: My current drummer's name is Chaim Dernum...what's there to make fun of? surprised

Chiam Witz is Gene Simmon's real name. My real name is Dave. I just wanted to see if anyone ould catch the joke.
Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 am

the sentinel wrote:
Trogdawn wrote: My current drummer's name is Chaim Dernum...what's there to make fun of? surprised

Chiam Witz is Gene Simmon's real name. My real name is Dave. I just wanted to see if anyone ould catch the joke.
Smile

Man, you just ruined my fun. I was gonna post that!!! You could always go with Gene Klein too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:58 am

Gather 'round children and you will hear the story of how MetalGuy71 came to be...

Before I met my wife, one of the last girls I dated was an au pair (fancy word for "nanny") from France named Marie. She spoke English, but had a heavy accent. Anyway, in her free time, she hung out with other au pairs from other countries. I guess they were all from the same agency or something. I would go out with her and the au pairs to the bars and I'd usually bring a buddy or 2 with me. One time we went out and my buddy Joe hooked up with another au pair from France named Charlotte (who was, sadly, not a harlot) who was smokin' hot and had a very heavy accent. Joe took great pleasure in getting her to say things that she couldn't really understand or pronounce. At one point, he whispered to her, "Tell Dave (me) he is a Metal God" What came out, in a heavy French accent, was "Dave, you are a Metal Guy". We all got a big laugh out of that. Even after the girls moved back home and they were but a distant memory of a summer of fun, the phrase "Dave, you are a Metal Guy" kinda stuck whenever the guys got together. A few years ago when another friend of mine started a message board to keep us all in touch, registering under the name MetalGuy71 ('71 is the year of my birth) was a no-brainer.

And there you have it. The birth of MetalGuy71
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 am

I know mine is pretty obvious. It the first letter in my first name, and the rest is from my middle name. It was my internet provider that gave me that to use for my email. And when I was going to sign up for my first message board, I thought I had to use the same name there. After that, it just stuck with me. Now my wife uses it every no and then to get my attention if I sit too many hours in front of this screen!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:37 pm

kmorg wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Smile

Man, you just ruined my fun. I was gonna post that!!! You could always go with Gene Klein too.

Sorry, sir! silent
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gather 'round children and you will hear the story of how MetalGuy71 came to be...

Before I met my wife, one of the last girls I dated was an au pair (fancy word for "nanny") from France named Marie. She spoke English, but had a heavy accent. Anyway, in her free time, she hung out with other au pairs from other countries. I guess they were all from the same agency or something. I would go out with her and the au pairs to the bars and I'd usually bring a buddy or 2 with me. One time we went out and my buddy Joe hooked up with another au pair from France named Charlotte (who was, sadly, not a harlot) who was smokin' hot and had a very heavy accent. Joe took great pleasure in getting her to say things that she couldn't really understand or pronounce. At one point, he whispered to her, "Tell Dave (me) he is a Metal God" What came out, in a heavy French accent, was "Dave, you are a Metal Guy". We all got a big laugh out of that. Even after the girls moved back home and they were but a distant memory of a summer of fun, the phrase "Dave, you are a Metal Guy" kinda stuck whenever the guys got together. A few years ago when another friend of mine started a message board to keep us all in touch, registering under the name MetalGuy71 ('71 is the year of my birth) was a no-brainer.

Awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Hamer 12, from the very expensive 12 string dust collector sitting next to the 4 string dust collectors in the corner of the man room. Anybody want to start a band?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Smindas wrote:
My name in the real world is Saminder (I'm half Indian, so I have a nice and Indian name), although most people just call me Sam - a lot easier, indeed. But anyway, Smindas is basically the result of slurring Saminder. Bet noone saw that coming ;P
Saminder is a cool name. I've just stolen it and added it to my name database for my stories. Haha. It doesn't mean Cheap Curry Burns My Ass or anything, does it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!

I love stories like that. We hung out with a bunch of Russian chicks in Korea, and this one girl would always get drunk and, with a heavy Russian accent, she'd say, "Keyen, I kill you." Shocked It was funny as hell, and it's stuck. Nearly ten years later, friends I met there will still occasionally call me and the first thing they say is, "Keyen, I kill you." Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:43 pm

Mine is from my surname, it's just slang.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Saminder is a cool name. I've just stolen it and added it to my name database for my stories. Haha. It doesn't mean Cheap Curry Burns My Ass or anything, does it?
No, actually coupled with my surname it means "equal to kings", which is pretty sweet. I'm flattered you've added it to your name database, hah.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:58 pm

Locky wrote:
Mine is from my surname, it's just slang.

I was thinking the Loch Ness monster Razz
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Great story Metal Guy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:44 pm

FREE NELSON CD TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO CAN FIGURE OUT WHERE I GOT MY NYM FROM.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Stryper, but you can keep the Nelson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Great story Metal Guy!

Thanks. I still get a chuckle (and slighty turned on) when I think of that girl saying "You are a Metal Guy" in that sexy French accent. Oui, oui!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Yeah! Accents! I married my wife for two things - her accent and booty. (Yes, she knows this!) Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:55 pm

I've gotta take a wicked yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:05 pm

As I finished high school and entered the "real" world I was a real mess. Imbibing mucho toxic substances and my personality equals mostly assholian. I knew about Christianity but wanted nothing to do with it as I knew it mostly as hypocritical. I set out on a search to prove it was just another religion to enslave us but got hung up on the tomb. Even most experts of antiquity grant that it was empty and the reasons used to explain it away are fairly goofy. As I discovered what real Christianity was it helped me change my life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Did You Get THAT Name From?   Where Did You Get THAT Name From? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Did You Get THAT Name From?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: