Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different) Empty
PostSubject: Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different)   Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:41 am

Back in 2006 I reviewed an album called Flat Earth Society by Mechanical Organic. It was a very hard album to review, but extremely rewarding to listen to. I still think my review of that album kind of sucks, simply because I had a difficult time describing everything without making it thirty paragraphs long. I still listen to this album all the time. It's killer. Very cerebral. The immediate comparison is Pink Floyd due to Eddie Katz's David Gilmour-like vocals. But as you can read below, it's much more than that.

Anyway, Eddie just put out the second Mechanical Organic album, so I figured I'd post about them. Some of you prog fans might really dig this stuff.

Quote :
Mechanical Organic have shorted out the light bulb above my head. I’ve had Flat Earth Society for a good while now and it’s been a long journey trying to find the words to describe it accurately. How do you describe the indescribable? A cliché, but a fitting cliché. Upon first hearing this Australian three-piece I thought they sounded interesting. Upon hearing the entire album I was simply blown away. My first impression was that they were like Pink Floyd meets Dead Soul Tribe meets Midnight Oil; an odd company of bedfellows. Now that I’ve given this album countless spins I could add many more comparative bands: Marilyn Manson, Nektar, Ministry, Simple Minds and Dream Theater come to mind; maybe even a slight nod to the sort of electronic backdrops used by the likes of European (via Australia) dance/pop queen Kylie Minogue (the beginning of “Hacking Humanity,” for example). It’s all here and then some.

Read the rest here.
The albums aren't available as physical copies, though he has made up promo copies (I hope he'll send me the new one), but you can buy the MP3s. The promo copies are just CDRs, anyway.

http://www.mechanicalorganic.com
http://www.myspace.com/mechanicalorganic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different)   Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Got the new album today. Man, it's so awesome! Eddie Katz takes on prog in such a cool way. And he's a way cool dude, too. Anyone check them out yet?

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different)   Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:29 am

My God, that's an AWESOME SONG !! 🤘

check these guys out, I think you will like them

- https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/sons-of-tomorow-t4941.htm?highlight=sons+of+tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different)   Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Organic (Prog Done Different)
Page 1 of 1