Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - First Strike Still Deadly

Go down 
+9
mc666
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Rex
Thrasher73
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
7thSecond
scottmitchell74
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Empty
PostSubject: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Picked this up recently and just listened to it. Fantastic!!! This is how I like my Thrash. Fast, romping, understandable. I can only buy so much music and thus only so much Thrash but these guys are now on my Metal map!

Now I am much more likely to get the new one of which I've heard the one sample around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Have you never heard Testament before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:56 pm

i like "first strike" a lot as well. i don't have any of the 80's testament stuff but i love all the 90's stuff beginning with "low."
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Never Eyesore....not until someone posted that sample of the new one a while back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Scott aint eddicated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:47 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Never Eyesore....not until someone posted that sample of the new one a while back.
Do check them out, then. Everything before Low has that early 80s thrash sound, though, it's nothing like that heavy, brutal sound of First Strike. It would be awesome if they went back and redid all those early songs. Haha. Pipe dream, of course, and they're quite awesome as is. The Ritual is their "black album," though nothing quite as drastic. It's just a groovier, more mainstream Testament. But it's killer. And Demonic, if you've not read, is their heaviest, with Chuck singing in a death metal style for nearly the entire album except on the song "Hatreds Rise," which is easily the best song. But aside from Demonic, you'd probably dig it all.

I can keep an eye out for cheapo copies around here, if you want?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Practice What You Preach and The Ritual are my faves, but you really can't go wrong with Testament.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:24 pm

Quote :
I can keep an eye out for cheapo copies around here, if you want?

Thanks bro! Very thoughtful and if you do, let me know!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Daaaaaaaamn. Testament was kind of the first real metal band that I heard when I was younger. I started with Souls Of Black a definate must get also Ritual is right up there. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:29 am

First Strike Still Deadly is a fantastic compilation album. The songs so much heavier than before, it works really well. Also, it's cool to hear Steve Souza on a few tracks.

When it comes to Testament, as it stands, my favourite albums are Practice What You Preach and The Gathering, two very different albums, but both great platters of thrash.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:20 am

Scott,I think you would really like older Testament.Practice what you preach and The New Order are my favorites,but they're all great.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:05 am

Practice What you Preach. Get it and love it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 am

You must own:

LOW (my personal fave)
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH
THE RITUAL
THE NEW ORDER

and from what little I've heard of the new one, that sounds like a winner too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:46 am

The only essential Testament in my eyes are

The Legacy and The New Order (ironically I own neither). The rest never did much for me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:57 am

spectrefate wrote:
The only essential Testament in my eyes are

The Legacy and The New Order (ironically I own neither). The rest never did much for me.

Well then,you're an idiot!

just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:02 am

I have to put my foot down somewhere, I can't like EVERYTHING otherwise I will have a house full of CDs and 40 years of debt. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:05 am

true dat homey
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:51 am

I had The New Order for the longest time, purchased mainly for the Aerosmith cover, but for some reason never bothered with anything else by them. That all changed about 2 or 3 years ago when I suddenly had an awakening and bought pretty much everything I could find. I'm anxiously awaiting the new one.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:32 pm

i prefer The Gathering & Demonic over all the others.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Testament can do no wrong! Absolutly amazing band, and they should be in the big 4 instead of slayer and/or Anthrax!

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:53 pm

kmorg wrote:
Testament can do no wrong! Absolutly amazing band, and they should be in the big 4 instead of slayer and/or Anthrax!

Bite your tounge.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Bite your tounge.

Yeah, I'm sorry....... I forgot to add Megadeth to the list too!

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 pm

OK, I can see Testament instead of Megadeth. They only have a couple of great albums.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:02 pm

What? Testament should be in instead of Anthrax. I feel Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer are deserving of their place in the Big Four, but Anthrax... they always seemed to lack a certain something, whereas Testament have akways gone strong.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:08 pm

kmorg wrote:
they may be in your favorite four, but they came to the game to late to be in the big 4. Exodus might have made it, if it were a big five.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - First Strike Still Deadly   Testament - First Strike Still Deadly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - First Strike Still Deadly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next