Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:04 am

Hmmmmmm, $16 bucks is over my normal spending cap, especially for an "unknown" band. But something is compelling me (Satan or boobies being the likely suspects) to pick this up.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hmmmmmm, $16 bucks is over my normal spending cap, especially for an "unknown" band. But something is compelling me (Satan or boobies being the likely suspects) to pick this up.

Have you heard it Dave? It friggin' kicks bootay. Well worth your $16.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Have you heard it Dave? It friggin' kicks bootay. Well worth your $16.

I've only heard the one song Brown-Eye posted and I liked it well enough. I'll put it in the "definate-maybe" category for now.

I'm (hopefully) going to a record/cd show this weekend, so I'm trying to cap off my music purchases till then. Never know what treasures I might find there. If that's a bust, or I don't go, I'll reconsidder some of my other "wants" before the holidays kick in and I have to spend money on the stupid weiner kids and wife instead of myself.

EDIT: Amazon says this album will be available Dec. 10th. So there's that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 am

Anyone interested in that Demon Lung EP should buy it now.

http://demonlungband.com/store.cfm

Just $5. They've signed to Candlelight, have a full-length coming out in the spring. Usually bands stop selling their indie releases when this happens. It's just $5.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 am

Holy Sh*t was that creepy. I think just watching that video, it steals your soul.

Good tune though. I just might get that ep.

EDIT: I didn't realize it was a female singer. I saw her pic on the website. Neat-o

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone interested in that Demon Lung EP should buy it now.

http://demonlungband.com/store.cfm

Just $5. They've signed to Candlelight, have a full-length coming out in the spring. Usually bands stop selling their indie releases when this happens. It's just $5.

headbanger

It's a well spent $5. Great band!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Holy Sh*t was that creepy. I think just watching that video, it steals your soul.

EDIT: I didn't realize it was a female singer. I saw her pic on the website. Neat-o
Yeah, it's a great video for an indie band. With a little (expensive) post-production, it could have been just as cool as some of the old Tool videos.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah, it's a great video for an indie band. With a little (expensive) post-production, it could have been just as cool as some of the old Tool videos.

Yea, it did remind me of one of those old Tool videos. They were just as creepy.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:17 pm

I've been addicted to PYLON - DOOM for the past few weeks. Fantastic Doom Metal album.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:52 am

Eyesore wrote:
Looks like the limited US run of Bloody Hammers vinyl and CDs are all but sold out. A few CD copies remain available.

http://bloodyhammers.bandcamp.com

Grab a copy now. This thing is excellent!

Done and done! Managed to get a Dutch vinyl copy for £20 inc postage Very Happy

Been listening to tracks on their website and this is a total love job!!!!!

Incidentally you can get the vinyl in the U.S from Doomed.com on Ebay (but it will set you back $35, totally worth it from what i've heard)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:12 am

By the way, after getting that Bloody Hammers CD I realized that the guy behind the project is Anders Manga, whom I've been a fan of for a few years now. He has a number of solo albums, all in that industrial/darkwave style. Really great stuff, if you can dig on that sort of thing.

Check it out:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:50 am

Check out Messiah!

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Messiahamarth

Dude's lost a lot of weight.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Ever wanted to hear Udo sing in a doom band? Check out Hellwell.

They're not full-on doom, more along the power-doom vein, but I've found myself really getting into them.

Not the best-sounding album, production-wise, but I dig it.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 pm

I really like Pentagram, Candlemass and Saint Vitus!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Ever wanted to hear Udo sing in a doom band? Check out Hellwell.

They're not full-on doom, more along the power-doom vein, but I've found myself really getting into them.

Not the best-sounding album, production-wise, but I dig it.

If I'm not mistaken, members of Manilla Road are in this band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Yup. It's basically a Mark Shelton solo thing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:31 am

New video from Ice Dragon.

Local band. These guys churn out music like crazy. It's real atmospheric and doomy. Some doomier, others more atmospheric, like these videos show. Not for every doom fan, but I think they're great.

And all of their albums are technically free (name your price) on Bandcamp.

http://icedragon.bandcamp.com/music
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Here's another pretty good female fronted band.

mountsalem.bandcamp.com
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Really digging that Hellwell.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:13 pm

This is and band I interviewed last Wed. on "Metal Uprising" the band is Ancient spell from LA.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:16 pm

This is another band I interviewed last summer War Injun from MD.

]

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:05 am

nevermore wrote:

mountsalem.bandcamp.com
Yeah, man, this is damn good stuff. Just ordered the album. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:

mountsalem.bandcamp.com
Yeah, man, this is damn good stuff. Just ordered the album. Thanks for sharing!

It's too good not to share! I have a copy on the way as well!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Yeti10

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Yeti/Yeti/40736 describes it as "Melodic Black Metal"...maybe; though, I must confess I am not super familiar with that genre (they do wear the killer clown make-up)....to me it sounds like more like Gothic Death/Doom. It's pretty epic (only adding to it's epic-ness are the sound bites from Star wars and Brave heart headbanger ), mournful, and ultra heavy! I bought this CD many moons ago (I only own this album in their discography) and it is currently hard to find; but if you should stumble across it, I highly recommend getting it!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:28 pm

New video from Apostle of Solitude.....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 10 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next