Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:48 am

Oh man, I just found this thread. I love doom too. I used to play in a doom band a few years ago. Possibility the best band I've ever played in. Relaxed, humorous attitude and great music.

I have recently spun the last Warhorse album released on Southern Lord Records - it's great!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Still impressed how much cross over fans of doom metal work into their music playing taste. I see Sabbath, Wizzard, Sleep and King Diamond patches creeping into peoples play lists all the time.

Anyone know the UK band Conan?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 pm

New Ides of Gemini!

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:38 pm

I love Ides of Gemini!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:30 am

Dr8breed74 wrote:
Still impressed how much cross over fans of doom metal work into their music playing taste.  I see Sabbath, Wizzard, Sleep and King Diamond patches creeping into peoples play lists all the time.

Yeah they're solid, I've never heard anything by them that blew my socks off though.

While we are on the subject of U.K doom, have you checked these guys out?

I got this record when it came out and it blew me away, I've tried pimping them on here but no takers!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 am

choosemetal wrote:
The Oath. There releasing there debut album very soon!

Remember all of the hype about these guys? What I didn't realise was that they released their debut album at the end of March and had split a month later!!  By June singer Johanna Sadonis had formed her new band Lucifer.

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 1461211_382014498623219_49415599299945221_n

They are currently recording their debut 7" so lets hope that they can stay together until it's released! lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

Remember all of the hype about these guys? What I didn't realise was that they released their debut album at the end of March and had split a month later!!  By June singer Johanna Sadonis had formed her new band Lucifer.

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 1461211_382014498623219_49415599299945221_n

They are currently recording their debut 7" so lets hope that they can stay together until it's released! lol!

The other female (whose name escapes me at the moment) that was in The Oath is now in the band Beastmilk.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Dr8breed74 wrote:
Still impressed how much cross over fans of doom metal work into their music playing taste.  I see Sabbath, Wizzard, Sleep and King Diamond patches creeping into peoples play lists all the time.

Yeah they're solid, I've never heard anything by them that blew my socks off though.

While we are on the subject of U.K doom, have you checked these guys out?

I got this record when it came out and it blew me away, I've tried pimping them on here but no takers!! Mad

I know the Monolith Cult by sight, but not the music. For some reason, they have evaded me for some time. Stupidly, I think it's the cover that has put me off.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

Lucifer as a band name is sooooo original Rolling Eyes . At least Beastmilk is a bit better.

Last edited by choosemetal on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:01 am

Beastmilk rule! ten times the band that The Oath ever were.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Beastmilk rule! ten times the band that The Oath ever were.

What songs would you suggest?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:10 am

The whole of the Climax album. It's not metal as such, more post punk with goth and slight black metal influences, so if you want that it may not be for you, but it's gone down amazingly well with metal audiences.

This is a good place to start

Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:55 am

Just been playing some Church of Misery, Bongzilla and Weedeater. I feel like my Xmas spirit has been excelling itself in good cheer playing these album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:38 am

Um...yes, please.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Some recent acquisitions:

Wheel is more traditional doom than Argus, but both are quite good. Wheel is great, actually. Argus mixes doom with a kind of classic heavy metal style. Well worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:56 pm

I've been meaning to check out Wheel for a while. Wish that I had sooner, that really is great! (listening to the record now)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 am

I'm not sure about this. It's good but awfully generic and takes pretty heavily from Snowblind. Hope there are better songs on the album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 12:49 am

Boris2008 wrote:

I'm not sure about this. It's good but awfully generic and takes pretty heavily from Snowblind. Hope there are better songs on the album.

Wow! You ain't kidding. Damn. It's good, I guess, but I guess that's expected since it's "Snowblind." Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 12:49 am

headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:

headbanger

That was good!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:45 pm

nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

headbanger

It is good, I can't work out what just isn't clicking with me though.  surprised
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:06 am

Boris2008 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

headbanger

It is good, I can't work out what just isn't clicking with me though.  surprised

I wasn't sold the first time I heard it. I first thought, this is a power metal band trying doom. I don't think that's quite accurate, of course, but I do think these guys are a bit different. It's doomy, but there's a heavy dose of German heavy metal in there, I think.

Anyway, I love it now. Interesting history on the band, too. They formed way back in the early to mid-80s, released some demos, and then split up for like 30 years before getting back together.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 3:51 pm

This is not what I was expecting from this album cover, they look like hippies!

I'm guessing that they are not hippies!

Picked this up a few weeks ago, i really like it. NSFW (Unless your boss really likes boobs! In which case, it might get you a promotion  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Yeah, this is very good!  headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 3:09 pm

New Mist EP streaming here

http://www.occultrock.com/2015/05/exclusive-stream-mysts-new-ep-inan-today.html

I like it, gonna pick it up but will wait for the new Demon Eye LP (they are both Soulseller releases)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next