Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Probot - S/T (2004)

Go down 
+16
zombiewalkin
Addy
akeldama
SAHB Healer
White_Mage
Stender
nevermore
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Selvmord
EvyMetal
mc666
Lurideath
Rex
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Brought this one outta the vault for a few spins today ... and as with every time I dust it off, it'll probably end up ruling my playlist for the next couple of days. I love this frickin' CD!! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:29 pm

I thought it was genius on his behalf to do this, to bad he wasn't more metal with his band Foo Fighters.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I have utmost respect for Grohl, I run kind of hot and cold on The Foo Fighters but they do have quite a bit of good material and they are GREAT in concert. I loved Dave's short-lived stint in Queens Of The Stone Age as well.

A followup to this album would be a wonderful thing.
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:33 pm

The album FAILS! A BIG Emphasis on FAIL! The only song I liked was with Lemmy! Every other song made me realize why Grohl sticks to mainstream pop and thus why he didn't indulge more on a musical genre he supposedly ''loves.''

What a poser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:43 pm

Necrosultan wrote:
The album FAILS! A BIG Emphasis on FAIL! The only song I liked was with Lemmy! Every other song made me realize why Grohl sticks to mainstream pop and thus why he didn't indulge more on a musical genre he supposedly ''loves.''

What a poser.

People that actually still use the word "poser" have seriously "FAILED".

"I've got no time for closed minds, my feet are on the ground not in it, I don't see in tunnel vision or black & white because I'm a 3-D man, 3-D man."
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:46 pm

Please don't get defensive over an opinion... It's what I think of him (Grohl) and his ''project.'' Why not stick to the matter at hand instead of personal attacks?

Who fails now?

Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Necrosultan wrote:

What a poser.

Mmmm... yeahhhh, ooooo-kay. Thanks for calling.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:46 pm

If Dave ever decides to revisit this project and put out another, I'd buy it. I like this cd.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I think the artwork sucks. Haha.

really? exactly what's so bad about it?

I was wondering that as well - it has an old-school Voivod feel to it, which is why it rules. And the Voivodian track on there is probably the highlight for me. I've put off purchasing a copy because I have WAY more music I want that it doesn't take precedence at all, but a fun idea. Had I been a major fan of Foo Fighters (rather than just a casual fan), or more a Grohl follower, I probably would have bought it on the release date. As it stands, I have yet to buy this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

It's hit or miss, overall it's decent.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 pm

I've been reading a biography of Dave Grohl this week (This Is A Call) and it prompted me to bust out the Probot CD out of the vaults again for the first time in a while... and dammit, I still love this album!! Wish he'd do another one!! headbanger

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probot - S/T (2004)   Probot - S/T (2004) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Probot - S/T (2004)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2