Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theocracy - Mirror of Souls

Go down 
+9
Rex
exact33
kmorg
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
tohostudios
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:50 pm

It won't be out this year. November 26th is the earliest, and that is in Japan!

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:17 pm

kmorg wrote:
It won't be out this year. November 26th is the earliest, and that is in Japan!
It will be for me. Emil at Ulterium sends me a promo of each Ulterium release. =)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:19 pm

I just read that the U.S. release is going to be December 9th.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 am

Teaser Video:

http://www.theocracymusic.com/mp3/TheocracyMirrorofSoulsTeaser.mov
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:49 am

looks good, can't wait, the april fool was great
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:33 pm

sam wrote:
looks good, can't wait, the april fool was great
Rolling Eyes

Got the promo of this one today, along with the new Harmony. Sadly, they're once again cardboard sleeve promos. I really like Emil at Ulterium, so I don't mind. Both albums are pretty awesome. The new Theocracy sounds a lot heavier and is definitely the superior album. And that says a lot considering the debut was frickin' awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:32 am

Haven't heard the new Harmony (their debut was ok, but not thrilling), but the new Theocracy kills! I have not been able to get it out of my jeep since I got it. 🤘

Still not too sure about the title track, though. There are parts that are excellent but other parts.... are not.... and at 22 minutes plus, I just don't know how well it's going to hold up over the long haul.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
The new Theocracy sounds a lot heavier and is definitely the superior album. And that says a lot considering the debut was frickin' awesome.

This sounds good to me.I have the debut and like it but it didnt have alot of staying power with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 am

My one complaint--which is the same complaint I have about a lot of Christian albums--is that the lyrics come off really cheesy. I like bands that are a bit more poetic with anything they're saying, but when you have an album where every song is essentially on the same subject, it gets a bit tiring to listen to those same trite Sunday school passages over and over again.

And I generally don't pay much attention to lyrics, so when I notice them, they're usually really good, bad, or cheesy. They're cheesy here. But an awesome album either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:28 pm

I'm listening to my promo now...I don't find the lyrics cheesy...Stryper was cheesy...this is not, IMO.

Good playing, good melodies...good Metal!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:18 pm

I love the first one so now, with the comments here, I have high hopes for this one. I really liked the lyrics of the last one, particulary the title track, so I should have no problem with this one as well.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:32 pm

I found the first one underwhelming, but the Myspace samples for the new one sounds great! Is it that consistent throughout???
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I found the first one underwhelming, but the Myspace samples for the new one sounds great! Is it that consistent throughout???

I feel the same way about the first one.It was good but not something I kept going back to.The New clips sound more promising.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:40 am

thrasher73 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I feel the same way about the first one.It was good but not something I kept going back to.The New clips sound more promising.

I like the album on a whole, but I don't listen to it much either. Except the title track which is now one of my favorite songs ever. Not just the song but the lyrics as well.

Quote :
For how can I give the King his due
And place above all else
When I spend my time trying to
Place the crown upon myself
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Reviving an older thread...well, I got this disc in the mail today and found myself listening to it twice through from beginning to end without skipping ahead. After these two go rounds, I can see that despite all the online praise, this is an awesome release that, at least to my ears, exceeds the hype.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:11 pm

"Mirror of Souls" is indeed a great album. I do find the title track a bit overwhelming (c'mon...20+ minutes?) but the rest is outstanding.

If all "Christian" albums featured this production, songwriting and musicianship, I don't think the genre would be stigmatized as second rate.

This album holds its own with any artist in the metal genre IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:15 am

Matt puts a ton of hard work into production. I mean, the last album had a drum machine and you wouldn't even know it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
Matt puts a ton of hard work into production. I mean, the last album had a drum machine and you wouldn't even know it.

Thats what amazed me on the debut, I couldn't believe it was a machine.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:52 am

This one is great. It's moved into Top-3 territory for 2008 for me. I agree 100% with what Toho said. Besides the lyrics, you can't tell that this is a Christian band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - Mirror of Souls   Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2