Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds

Go down 
+28
T-Roy
James B.
Olafsto
kethdredd
Wargod
Speedmetalfreak
EmoElmo
The_Jayroh
thejokeriv
jettafiend
MetalFRO
stepcousin
powermacho
Wurthless
kmorg
DallasBlack
Sutekh
GrandNational
MetalH
mr.electric39
bassman
ultmetal
tohostudios
metalken
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
exact33
Eyesore
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Empty
PostSubject: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Man, this one came out of nowhere!

Quote :
Athens, Georgia-based melodic metallers THEOCRACY will release their new album, "As The World Bleeds", on November 25 in Europe via Ulterium Records and on November 21 in North America through Nightmare Records. The effort will also be released as a double gatefold vinyl edition, strictly limited to 500 copies worldwide.

"As The World Bleeds" track listing;

01. I Am
02. The Master Storyteller
03. Nailed
04. Hide in the Fairytale
05. The Gift of Music
06. 30 Pieces of Silver
07. Drown
08. Altar to the Unknown God
09. Light of the World
10. As the World Bleeds

Check out an album teaser below.

THEOCRACY is heading to Europe for an eight-date headlining tour starting October 21 that will take the band through Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia and Czech Republic.

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Theocracycd2011
Sounds fantastic! headbanger

If it interests you, Mirror of Souls was re-released with the Japanese bonus track, "Wages of Sin," on it. If you don't want to buy the full album again, there's a limited edition 7" single for the tune with a non-LP b-side called "Theocrapella," which doesn't sound serious. Haha.

But you can score those here: http://www.ulteriumstore.bigcartel.com
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Solid tune!

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:22 pm

It will be mine. This band can do no wrong in my book. Those clips sound great!

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 pm

This is a must buy for me.The samples sound great! Matt is a musical genius.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Instant must-buy. Don't need to try it first.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Really enjoyed the last one. Never heard the first. But am looking forward to this new one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Even though I generally eschew power metal these days, something about Theocracy just clicks with me. Those teaser snippets sound great.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:24 pm

I really need to give these guys a fresh listen. I have their first CD and it did very little for me. I thought it was good but not very memorable and not something that I really desired to listen to over and over again. People seem to gush over them, so perhaps I am missing something.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I really need to give these guys a fresh listen. I have their first CD and it did very little for me. I thought it was good but not very memorable and not something that I really desired to listen to over and over again. People seem to gush over them, so perhaps I am missing something.

Try Mirror Of Souls. I have the first one and it left me lukewarm as well. Once they actually became a "band" instead of a one man show, things seemed to pick up a lot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm

I thought the debut was awesome. "Mountain" remains my favorite song by them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Eh, I'm with Ult on the first one. I just find it unmemorable. Nothing horrible but nothing sticks either.

Confession time: the annual Christmas songs are what made me give Theocracy another shot otherwise I'd probably feel the same as Ult does.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:43 pm

I will have it as soon as possible, Matt is awesome!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 pm

bassman wrote:
I will have it as soon as possible, Matt is awesome!

Definitely a guy blessed with a TON of musical talent.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:00 pm

In agreement about the first album..... Not great in my mind but some good moments.

Mirror of Souls however was fantastic and I'm anxiously awaiting this one.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Wow, that sounds great. Will definitely be getting this when it come out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:10 pm

The music is great and well executed for the style, certainly heavier than other bands in the field. The lyrics are pretty cheese-ball IMO, perhaps the weakest point, but I rarely pay attention to lyrics these days.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 pm

GrandNational wrote:
The music is great and well executed for the style, certainly heavier than other bands in the field. The lyrics are pretty cheese-ball IMO, perhaps the weakest point, but I rarely pay attention to lyrics these days.
Yeah, I rarely pay attention to lyrics now. Every album I owned, say, pre-1997 or so, I know all the lyrics to. After that, maybe a line here or there. Haha.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Yeah, I rarely pay attention to lyrics now. Every album I owned, say, pre-1997 or so, I know all the lyrics to. After that, maybe a line here or there. Haha.

I think most bands in this genre have cringe-inducing lyrics for the most part, but I guess it can be said of just about every genre. I can't understand most of what I listen to, so it's all good. Just played Mirror of Souls and it's still excellent musically.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:09 am

I think having a whole band rather than a solo effort has given them more texture in their sound. It's still slickly produced, but the first album sounds sterile compared to the more organic second.

And their Christmas tunes are the best metal versions I've heard. O Come, O Come Emmanuel is my favourite!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 am

tohostudios wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Try Mirror Of Souls. I have the first one and it left me lukewarm as well. Once they actually became a "band" instead of a one man show, things seemed to pick up a lot.

I feel the same way about the debut.It doesnt really do much for me but when Mirror of Souls came out I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 am

Eyesore wrote:

I'm the same way...... How bizarre is that!!!

These days I'm lucky to sing the chorus....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Instant must-buy. Don't need to try it first.

This is me^^^^^^^^

I shall get this as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:47 pm

I knew this was coming soon, but didn't know it was this soon! It's a no-brainer, BUY!!!!!!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:20 pm

they still need to put out a Christmas album!

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:22 pm

That teaser makes me wanna hear the whole thing! It sounds awesome to my ears. headbanger
Never heard of this band before now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next