Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a thought...

Go down 
+12
GrandNational
Todd Jaymz
Stender
MetalRob331
Wargod
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
kmorg
mc666
EvyMetal
Troublezone
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Just a thought... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:58 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Maybe we will get lucky and the GNR will NEVER be released! That would be awesome and make the world a much more pleasant place.

lol! i agree

and i think bands are just building up there albums so when the realease them more people wanna buy them
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:09 am

Selvmord wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:
It's definately not just you. Bands do take ages to come out with albums these days. And, most of the time the albums are only mediocre.

What happened to the days when bands would release classic album after classic album? Led Zeppelin released their first four albums (four of the greatest rock albums of all time) in approximately 2.5 years; KISS released six classic studio albums and 2 classic live albums (one of which is a mega-classic) in 3.5 years; Aerosmith released a classic album every year from 1973-1978 (1979, if you count NITR).

Something isn't adding up here.

Stop touring so much!!! It's cool to tour so the fans can see you. But, is it really necessary to visit the same city several times on the same tour? RECORD! PLEASE! We need some classics. They don't come that often anymore.

Bands have to tour extensively in order to make money. And if a band needs to take 4 or 5 years to make an incredible album, then so be it. I'd rather wait to get a killer album, then for a band that I love to spit out crappy albums every year....

That says alot about the classic bands of the 70's then. They put out a great album almost yearly in most cases. Todays artists are racking their brains to squeeze out a mediocre album at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:54 am

Black_Mage wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Maybe we will get lucky and the GNR will NEVER be released! That would be awesome and make the world a much more pleasant place.

lol! i agree

and i think bands are just building up there albums so when the realease them more people wanna buy them

Exactly, man. They get people waiting for a year or two for this new album. smart
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:31 am

thewalkofman wrote:
Black_Mage wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

lol! i agree

Exactly, man. They get people waiting for a year or two for this new album. smart

just look at metallica. no new material in five years and people are literally baying for the new material
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:59 pm

thewalkofman wrote:
Black_Mage wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

lol! i agree

There's definately a great deal of hype involved nowadays (especially with word traveling on the internet). Yet, the albums don't sell like they use to. Aside from us devoted followers, much of the public doesn't seem to buy music any more (as in purchase, not listen). When you look at lists of the highest selling albums of all time, the majority of them seem to be from previous decades (particularly the late-60s to the late-/early-90s). With file-sharing services as popular as they've become, I don't think it's possible for another Led Zeppelin IV of Dark Side of the Moon sales phenomenon.

Just get the album out for your fans (damnit AC/DC, I'm looking at you! give us some high voltage rock'n'roll!).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:21 pm

Quote :
damnit AC/DC, I'm looking at you! give us some high voltage rock'n'roll!).
That's one I could get on board with!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:08 am

If it means comming out with a good album then I have no problem waiting for a release. Shadow Gallery is a band that seems to take a long time to release and album and I haven't heard a single one that has dissapointed me. Maybe if Kamelot had waited another year, Ghost Opera might not have turned out so bland (well, one of the reasons-I will do a post in the review section for that album).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought...   Just a thought... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a thought...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2