Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus Impact Is Imminent

Go down 
+11
Required Fields
Troublezone
Leatherface
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
mc666
ultmetal
DeathCult
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Exodus Impact Is Imminent Empty
PostSubject: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Seems to be back in print, along with Force Of Habit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012RCMGU/ref=s9_asin_title_2_newrf_c4-f9_serq_rfc_fhccbeg_p?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0CD94PAGQG30MDYEVQZF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=372729001&pf_rd_i=507846
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 pm

I think that neither of those should've been printed in the first place! That was a time when Exodus became kind've joke amongst their longtime fans, and those albums prove why!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:21 pm

A joke? Hardly. I know lots of hardcore thrash fans who love "Impact in Imminent." Perhaps the entire album isn't as solid as the three that proceeded it, but it still has it's moments. "Only Death Decides" is outstanding and "Thrash Under Pressure" is a cool song. Wish they would resurrect that one in concert.

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Impact Is Imminent is my favorite. There isn't a turd or a crappy cover song anywhere on that one. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 pm

i liked Force Of Habit ok, but Impact just didn't do it for me. just couldn't find a track that i liked on it. i wouldn't really call either of them a joke though.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:26 pm

mc666 wrote:
i liked Force Of Habit ok, but Impact just didn't do it for me. just couldn't find a track that i liked on it. i wouldn't really call either of them a joke though.

You didn't like "Only Death Decides"? Hmmm, maybe it's just me, but that one smacked me across the face on the first listen.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 pm

I haven't heard "Impact" in quite a while but from what I do remember of it, it pretty well paled in comparison to FABULOUS DISASTER or PLEASURES OF THE FLESH.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:34 pm

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually like Force of Habit. I like Impact... too ("Thrash Under Pressure" kicks butt dance ), but not enough to buy either one of these re-issues.

Stupid fact that noone but SpectreFate and maybe DeathCult will care about:
When I made my cdr comp of my favorite Exodus tracks, I called it Thrash Under Pressure: The Best of Exodus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:44 pm

"AWOL","Thrash Under Pressure","Only Death Decides","Lunatic Parade"......all excellent songs off Impact'.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:51 pm

A good album that is far better than 95% of the thrash bands releasing material these days.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:38 pm

I really like Force of Habit.More of a Groove style than their earlier stuff but still good.Impact is my least favorite Exodus disc but like Temp said its still better than the majority of current bands
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually like Force of Habit. I like Impact... too ("Thrash Under Pressure" kicks butt dance ), but not enough to buy either one of these re-issues.

When I made my cdr comp of my favorite Exodus tracks, I called it Thrash Under Pressure: The Best of Exodus.

That sounds awesome Exodus Impact Is Imminent 505193
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:31 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That sounds awesome Exodus Impact Is Imminent 505193

See, I thought you would care. Not like that rat bast*rd SpectreFate.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 pm

What tracks did you put on it?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:49 pm

I always thought Impact was a good album. Sure, it's not as vicious as the 3 before it, but it definitely has some shining moments! The title track, AWOL, Only Death Decides, and Thrash Under Pressure are all quality tunes.

I also enjoy Force Of Habit. It's definitely slower, more groove-oriented, and maybe not as passionate as their other albums, but it's got some good songs on it as well. Fuel For The Fire and Feeding Time At The Zoo both kick some tail in my opinion.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 pm

It's okay. Take it or leave it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:39 am

DeathCult wrote:
What tracks did you put on it?

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I tried to get at least 2 tracks from every album up to Tempo of the Damned. Enough to fill up a cdr. I'll check the track listing when I get home tonight.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:18 am

I just bought both reissues and they both are good. I like the bonus tracks off of Force of Habit especially the song Telepathetic. Fuel for the Fire and Good Day to Die are also killer songs from Force of Habit. Very underrated album!!

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:22 am

Impact is Imminent has some killer guitar solos on it like the main one on Changing of the Guard. The production is a little loud but it rocks pretty hard overall.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:26 pm

I like Impact is Imminent. I don't know why it's so hated. It sounds like Exodus to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah I'm with Required fields, outside of the debut I think Impact trumps the previous Exodus records by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

Me too. I've been scratching my head with this subject for years. Impact is no worse than any of the previous albums. It's right up there with Disaster. In other words, it's f*cking Exodus, and I love it. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 am

A good album on par with anything else they put out, as far as I'm concerned. Force Of Habit is a good one too. Both get regular spins from me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Force of Habit was HEAVY.

Bottom line is I'm a fan of anything that had Baloff and Souza. The other albums just don't sound Exodus to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Badoink - more dead thread necromancy....

After not hearing Impact Is Imminent for more than a decade, I recently picked up a used copy and have given it a number of spins over the past week or two. My vague memories of the album have been confirmed; it's not a terrible record, but it is a terribly average record. Essentially all they did was remake Fabulous Disaster on a major label budget. Hell, they even recorded another song about the joys of the mosh pit ("Lunatic Parade," which might as well have been titled "Toxic Waltz Part II: Electric Boogaloo.")!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I grabbed this cuz it's getting harder and harder to find old-school thrash CDs out "in the wild," so to speak, and it's a decent listen, but all the same I can't shake the feeling that they were simply phoning it in when they cut this album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Impact Is Imminent   Exodus Impact Is Imminent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus Impact Is Imminent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next