Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The big dance.

Go down 
+6
exact33
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Thrasher73
tohostudios
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The big dance. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:37 pm

I think TX could give UNC a run...

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:02 pm

If UCLA plays the way they did today they could.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 pm

I'm psyched, all 4 number 1's for the first time ever. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:25 pm

That is cool!!

Last year (Christmas 06) my wife bought me an Ohio St. sweat shirt, which is of course as it should be, but the joint had a 2 for 1 sale so she bought a UNC one because she said "the blue is pretty". Sky blue is her favorite color, so I get what she was thinking. So, in honor of my wife that's who I'm pulling for the rest of the way. The "pretty" team.

I need no comments from the resident wise guys!!! angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Since i'm just a smartass i'll comment.

Do you feel pretty while you wear it?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 pm

How could I not? You see my Avatar, I think you know the answer already!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:57 pm

Well, I got three out of the final four anyway. Freakin' Memphis! I kept waiting for their inability to hit free throws to catch up with them but when you have a 20 point lead, free throws don't matter much.

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:22 pm

Funny. After all the upsets, the final four has no surprises.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:59 pm

As great a shooter Stephen Curry is, he has got to learn to play D or he will be JJ Reddick when he gets to the association! That being said, it was cool to see a small Christian college get that deep though. Shades of George Mason, baby!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:13 pm

His dad didn't play much D so he couldn't pass that on. He also needs to round out his game or he will be situation shooter in the pros.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
Well, I got three out of the final four anyway. Freakin' Memphis! I kept waiting for their inability to hit free throws to catch up with them but when you have a 20 point lead, free throws don't matter much.

That's what ya get for doubtin' my hometown team! lol!

Oh, and it was 30 against Michigan State, thank you very much (50-20 at the half). Razz

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 5:40 am

I actually like Memphis but I just thought as they went deeper into the tournament, they'd be forced to hit free throws but it hasn't happened.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:31 pm

Coincedently my wife's conference is here in SA at the same time as the Final Four. If we had a couple extra $1000 laying around we could have gone. Oh well!

But it's been cool because the NCAA BBall Coaches convention takes place at the same time in the same city and there's literally 100's or maybe even 1000's of Coaches, assistents, and maybe even players from teams that didn't make it milling around. I've seen staff and players from Nebreska, Xavier, UC Davis, Pitt, and quite a few others just in the breakfast hall, lobby, elevator, pool ect....here at our hotel. On the River Walk they're everywhere and the ESPN College GameDay set was being set up while we were at the River Center Mall. Pretty cool. 10-15 years ago I'd have been torn up inside being right here and not able to actually go. Now it's simply an interesting side note.

I've seen a few dudes who I know I've seen on TV but I can't place them and I KNOW I walked right past Shelley Smith from ESPN on the Riverwalk. I told Karen "I know her...it's one of the Dunn's (the chubby red head). I was grasping at straws because I couldn't place here. Then it hit me "Shelly Smith!!!!" By then it was too late to confirm, but I watch ESPN enough to know it was her.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:28 pm

So what's it gonna be? Who ya' got? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
I actually like Memphis but I just thought as they went deeper into the tournament, they'd be forced to hit free throws but it hasn't happened.

Well, they DID hit about 80% or so against Texas (something along the lines of 30-of-36). And they hit for well above 70% against Michigan State.

To be honest, that was a concern of mine going into the tournament. I get SOOOO annoyed when I hear Coach Cal say "We'll hit them when we need to". I wasn't too worried about the Michigan State game, as Memphis is MUCH deeper and MUCH more talented. The Texas game was the one that had me worried. Not talent-wise, size-wise, or anything like that. It was the fact that they had to play Texas IN TEXAS! Sorry, but that is not fair at all to force a #1 seed to play another team on what is basically THEIR home court. UNC got home games (basically) the last few, and if Memphis was the second selected #1, they too should have been placed close to home (and not give any of their opponents a home court advantage).

Sorry for the rant, but Memphis hasn't been getting any respect pretty much all season. NO ONE picked them to go to the Final Four, even though they are every bit as talented as the other #1 seeds (and probably deeper than Kansas and UCLA).

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Hard to choose now, with each team being able to get hot and score in bunches. UNC is the fave.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 5:33 pm

I have to admit I really like Shelly Smith. She looks like she would show me a good time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:42 pm

Crap! Freakin' Memphis wins again.

I'm done with brackets. I don't care who wins the KS/UNC game, I'm going with my heart and rooting for Memphis to win the title.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Memphis 38 and 1! Wow. It looked like they were never really pushed much by UCLA at all. They took Kevin Love and Darren Collison right out of the game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:55 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Memphis 38 and 1! Wow. It looked like they were never really pushed much by UCLA at all. They took Kevin Love and Darren Collison right out of the game.

Yep! Definitely an impressive performance.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I'm done with brackets. I don't care who wins the KS/UNC game, I'm going with my heart and rooting for Memphis to win the title.

yes, Yes, YES! Come to the dark side! We're playing for the national title baby! happy

Ben Howland kinda had me steamed after the game. He called Memphis "Memphis State". The university hasn't been named "Memphis State" for 15 years! You just got your ass handed to you, the least you can do is name the team that did the whipping correctly. Oh well, Memphis is moving on and UCLA is going home! Laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:40 pm

And now North Carolina is getting creamed! Right now it's 40-12 in the first half.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 10:09 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

yes, Yes, YES! Come to the dark side! We're playing for the national title baby! happy

Ben Howland kinda had me steamed after the game. He called Memphis "Memphis State". The university hasn't been named "Memphis State" for 15 years! You just got your ass handed to you, the least you can do is name the team that did the whipping correctly. Oh well, Memphis is moving on and UCLA is going home! Laughing

I thought that too. Somewhere, Penny Hardaway is smiling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 10:12 pm

UNC looks great right now... sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:59 pm

Kansas/Memphis is teh boring. Kansas maybe played the best 15 minutes i've seen in college basketball in that first half.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big dance.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: