Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The big dance.

Go down 
+6
exact33
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Thrasher73
tohostudios
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The big dance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:11 am

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
And dammit, my UCONN Huskies lost!

Good thing I went with my head and not my heart in my brackets. I didn't have UCONN getting out of the second round anyway.

today has been quite the upset day. I think that is what makes the NCAA tournament the draw it is - a chance for the not so well known teams to get to play (and sometimes beat) the bigger powers. No other sport has anything like it.

Alex

No kidding! Who'd have predicted a second round matchup of Western Kentucky vs San Diego?????

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:13 am

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
And dammit, my UCONN Huskies lost!

I thought about you when I saw that.

Quote :
Dont go walkin down Tobacco Road whistling that or us Dookies will have something to say about it Smile

At least you spelled it right. very happy

Laughing very hard @ "Dookies"

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:15 am

Forutnately, CBS Sportsline has a round by round bracket pick game too.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:31 am

kmorg wrote:
I don't think I understood one word of this thread!! Shocked

All you really need ot know is toho seems to be enthralled about college kids and heir big bouncing balls Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:12 am

Apparently, I have a lot of company.

It's estimated that American business loses about 1.7 billion dollars of productivity during the tournament as workers follow games and their brackets. NCAA.com is carrying all the games and even has a Boss Button you can click on to hide the game behind a spreadsheet At least I have the decency to use vacation time...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:35 pm

and i cant believe clemson lost... they had it in the bag and let it go... It seems in recent years the lower seeds are more and more competitive. While it makes those of us who follow high seed teams nervous it adds a lot of fun to the tournament...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Quote :
It seems in recent years the lower seeds are more and more competitive.

Yep. The changes in scholarship have really changed the game. Plus the way high schools focus so much on kids being single sport players.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:04 pm

That Clemson loss coupled with the Drake loss completely blew up my brackets.

fainting

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:38 pm

OK,

All my brackets are completely ruined so I'm going with my feelings.

Notre Dame SUCKS!

Tennessee SUCKS!

Georgetown SUCKS!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:56 pm

UCLA - Texas A&M was a great game last night. I loved the emphatic dunk at the end after the block and steal. Awesome!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:06 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
It seems in recent years the lower seeds are more and more competitive.

Yep. The changes in scholarship have really changed the game. Plus the way high schools focus so much on kids being single sport players.

I have a theory: with the wider amount of schools being shown on ESPN and getting national attention in the different tourneys, the "basketball royalty" of the last 10 years or so can no longer stockpile great players to back up great players who leave early for the NBA. These players also have realised that they may sit behind a JJ Reddick or Kevin Love or Greg Oden at a bigger school, so they decide to go to a lesser known school such as George Mason or Xavier or West Virginia and be a star there and lead their team to an upset win in the tourney. The same thing is happening now in College Football where the traditional powers have a great player or two who leaves for the draft or simply graduates and is out of eligibility to play anymore, and they can't just plug in an equally great player to lead them to a ten win season and a BCS Bowl Game. I'm not saying I am totally correct, it's just something I came up with a few years ago in a college hoops conversation with my Uncle. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Has merit Sentinel.
Good to see the Dookies crap on themselves.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:35 pm

I love it! Georgetown lost to Davidson.

Too bad Butler couldn't beat TN.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 6:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I love it! Georgetown lost to Davidson.

Too bad Butler couldn't beat TN.

Man, I really thought Butler had them Sad Memphis is in a dogfight right now.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 6:40 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Has merit Sentinel.
Good to see the Dookies crap on themselves.

Bye bye Coach K Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 7:34 pm

Memphis pulled it out. Louisville and UNC are obliterating their respective opponents so the upsets for the week are over. But what a weekend of upsets this was!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That Clemson loss coupled with the Drake loss completely blew up my brackets.

fainting

Yup, happened to me too. I had Clemson in the Final Four (only team in that bracket I could honestly see beating Kansas, who got such an EASY road to the Final Four compared to my hometown team...)

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm so glad to see Duke and Georgetown go down in FLAMES.

I'm giving a nod to Davidson to make it to 4 just because they're fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 1:36 pm

I loved Georgetown losing! I still hate them from the John Thompson Sr. era.

And you're right, Davidson is fun to watch.

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:31 pm

I also don't know anyone who's brackets aren't in shambles. It will really come down to if any of your teams make the 4.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Georgetown was the first of my final 4 to go down. I still have UNC, UCLA and TX.

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Good bets to get there too, though so far we've seen anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Georgetown was the first of my final 4 to go down. I still have UNC, UCLA and TX.

Texas?! I hate you. angry

You know I previously mentioned my hometown team? Guess where I'm from (taking my previous comment into consideration)...

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:33 am

Tennessee's gonna win. we all know it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:17 pm

So far, i'd say Love for UCLA is the MVP. That game with Xavier should be a good one but can anyone get close to UNC?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big dance.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: