Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The big dance.

Go down 
+6
exact33
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Thrasher73
tohostudios
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:17 pm

College hoop and well into it. Who do you like? I think UNC has a great shot and I will root for anyone to beat Duke.
Back to top Go down

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:18 pm

Quote :
I think UNC has a great shot
Hey, Thanks alot! But to be honest I am not even playing. Especially not during college HOCKEY playoffs! Duh!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:19 pm

I filled out four brackets and UNC is my champion on all four. So far I haven't had any bracket busters but that Duke/Belmont game sure raised my blood pressure.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Every year I try to save vacation days so I can take off for the first round of the tourney.

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Wow - I'm getting alot of votes. Right on!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:25 pm

The thing I hate about playing brackets is that I have to root for teams I hate. It's killing me to hope Tennessee beats American. I tore me up having to root for Notre Dame last night too. But at least I sort of like UNC.

Right now W. Kentucky is leading Drake at 47-38 at the half. That would hurt me because I have Drake on all my brackets and going to the sweet 16 on one of them.

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Uncle you're such a dork. Very Happy As for hockey playoffs, I live on the west coast, they hardly get a mention but think Michigan is the team.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm

Anyone but Duke.Kentucky got knocked out the first round so I dont care now.
And Uncle is a goober.He's so Vain..... Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:23 pm

I had that Duke/Belmont game on last night at work. I really thought Duke was going down on the last shot. All I kep thinking was "who the smurf poo is Belmont?"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:57 pm

I've actually been to Belmont. It's a Christian college in Nashville. I saw a Christian concert there back in the early 80s; can't remember who it was tho; maybe Michael Card.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:17 pm

CRAP!!!

Drake lost to W. KY 101-99 in OT.

That was my first bracket buster this year. I had Drake in the Sweet 16 in three out of four brackets.

I was doing so well in my Yahoo bracket too; I was 16-3 before this game and hadn't lost any major teams.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Of all the sports that don't interest me, college basketball has to be the most uninteresting.

Just thought I'd share, carry on. Cool
Back to top Go down

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:50 pm

I'm with you, TT. I think it is fun watching other people have fun with the tourny, but it's hockey season. There just is not time for both on the tundra.

Quote :
And Uncle is a goober.He's so Vain.....

Uncle Sax is gonna Beat the Bullet!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:30 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I'm with you, TT. I think it is fun watching other people have fun with the tourny, but it's hockey season. There just is not time for both on the tundra.

Quote :
And Uncle is a goober.He's so Vain.....

Uncle Sax is gonna Beat the Bullet!!

The big difference is that in basketball, I can actually see the ball. I'd love hockey if I could see the freakin' puck!

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:41 pm

Basketball bores the piss out of me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 pm

Pro B-ball bores me too.

But I love college basketball. For one thing, the game is called tighter by the refs. For another, it's a bunch of kids and kids make mistakes. Dumb fouls, dumb shots; and the game still has a soul. In the NBA, everyone is a multimillionaire and it's all about showing off.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:48 pm

And dammit, my UCONN Huskies lost!

Good thing I went with my head and not my heart in my brackets. I didn't have UCONN getting out of the second round anyway.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:16 pm

The big dance. 706602 Hockey's better
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:24 pm

DeathCult wrote:
The big dance. 706602 Hockey's better

Better than what...

soccer Sleep

golf Sleep

bowling Sleep

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 pm

I think guys like basketball because its what their significant others like.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I think guys like basketball because its what their significant others like.

Uh, no. My cats don't know jack about basketball.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:45 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
College hoop and well into it. Who do you like? I think UNC has a great shot and I will root for anyone to beat Duke.

I think you might have the wrong shade of blue... Dont go walkin down Tobacco Road whistling that or us Dookies will have something to say about it Smile

and tournament time is great!! (except when your fav team goes down to wire... then it is mot uncomfortable..)

Alex

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Good thing I went with my head and not my heart in my brackets. I didn't have UCONN getting out of the second round anyway.

today has been quite the upset day. I think that is what makes the NCAA tournament the draw it is - a chance for the not so well known teams to get to play (and sometimes beat) the bigger powers. No other sport has anything like it.

Alex

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:03 am

Quote :

I thought about you when I saw that.

Quote :
Dont go walkin down Tobacco Road whistling that or us Dookies will have something to say about it Smile

At least you spelled it right. very happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:56 am

I don't think I understood one word of this thread!! Shocked

The big dance. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big dance.   The big dance. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big dance.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: