Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bathory the legend is still alive!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Bathory the legend is still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Bathory the legend is still alive!   Bathory the legend is still alive! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Who likes the Black-Viking Metal band from Sweden Bathory and his leader Quorthon (r.i.p)? It is one of my favourite Black Metal bands alongside with Mayhem and Immortal!
And Quorthon is one of my personal heroes, I think he was a very talented musician, and he never compromise his career into commercial ways....
My favourite black albums are: "Under the Sign of the Black Mark" and "Blood Fire Death", and I very like the viking albums: "Twlight of the Gods" and the "Nordland" saga....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bathory the legend is still alive!   Bathory the legend is still alive! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:59 pm

I love Bathory. Quorthon was a genius.

My favorites are

1. Twilight of the Gods
2. Hammerheart
3. Blood Fire Death
4. The Return
5. Under The Sign of the Black Mark
6. Blood On Ice
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bathory the legend is still alive!   Bathory the legend is still alive! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:13 pm

i love all of the Bathory albums, however, nothing beats the first 3. they remain in my top albums of all time.

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bathory the legend is still alive!   Bathory the legend is still alive! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 pm

JerryOnly wrote:
Elvis and Jim Morrison are too, but we're trying really hard to kill 'em, man!lol!
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Bathory the legend is still alive!   Bathory the legend is still alive! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:09 pm

I never understood this guy's "legendary" status. To me, the most innovative things he ever did were the two Quorthon albums; and everyone seems to hate those.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Bathory the legend is still alive!   Bathory the legend is still alive! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:03 pm

I like a lot of them, but to me the self titled 1st album is the best! The Return and Under the Sign of the Black Mark follow closely behind it. The Nordland albums are killer though as well! I didn't care for his albums he released under the name Quorthon though. Not sure what he was trying to do with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bathory the legend is still alive!   Bathory the legend is still alive! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1