Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BATHORY FANS??????

Go down 
+10
Leatherface
Required Fields
outofstep
iamrockerfun
mc666
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
krokus
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:04 pm

BATHORY like most of you know were one of the first black metal bands. I have most of their albums on vinyl and for the last couple of days i have been listening to them again.
Do you like BATHORY? Do you like more the black metal era BATHORY(BATHORY(1984), THE RETURN...(1985), UNDER THE SIGN OF THE BLACK MARK(1987)), the black/viking mix(BLOOD FIRE DEATH(1988) or their VIKING METAL days(HAMMERHEART(1990), and TWILIGHT OF THE GODS(1991).
Do you like albums after TWILIGHT OF THE GODS????
Come on maniacs, lets talk about this creators of black metal (together with VENOM, HELLHAMMER, SODOM(demo/early days),....
Back to top Go down

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 pm

Not here, but I do like the Quorthon albums. "Major Snooze" is a song I heard on a sampler CD way back in 1994 for Caroline Records. There were four bands on it that I really liked (and still do); Sincola, Strung Out, Furbowl, and Quorthon. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm

is that the same guy quorthon as in bathory. how do you pronounce bathory i never knew
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:32 pm

TheGooch wrote:
is that the same guy quorthon as in bathory. how do you pronounce bathory i never knew

It's pronounced "Bath-oh-ree." And yes, Quorthon is the same guy.

Named for the Countess Elizabeth Bathory, a psychotic noblewoman in the middle ages (I think) who bathed in the blood of young virgins cuz she believed that it would preserve her youth.

The band was never my thing, but my brother dug their first few records. I came across a copy of their first album on vinyl at a swap meet years ago for two bucks, brought it home and gave it to my brother, he practically fainted. He was like "I have been looking for this on vinyl for YEARS!" It even had a Combat Records promotional stamp on it. He was so indebted to me that I drank for free wherever we went for quite a while.
lol!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Named for the Countess Elizabeth Bathory, a psychotic noblewoman in the middle ages (I think) who bathed in the blood of young virgins cuz she believed that it would preserve her youth.

The band was never my thing, but my brother dug their first few records. I came across a copy of their first album on vinyl at a swap meet years ago for two bucks, brought it home and gave it to my brother, he practically fainted. He was like "I have been looking for this on vinyl for YEARS!" It even had a Combat Records promotional stamp on it. He was so indebted to me that I drank for free wherever we went for quite a while.
lol!

COOL your brother like that first album so much. Its my fave by the band together with BLOOD FIRE DEATH.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:37 pm

krokus wrote:

COOL your brother like that first album so much. Its my fave by the band together with BLOOD FIRE DEATH.

Yea, his two faves were always that debut album and UNDER THE SIGN OF THE BLACK MARK. Not exactly my cup of tea though. The vocals were a bit too 'cheese grater' for my taste
lol!
Back to top Go down

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:42 pm

Quorthon is nothing like Bathory. It's like groovy...something. Haha.
Back to top Go down

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:43 pm

I love Bathory. Hammerheart, Blood Fire Death, The Norland albums, Blood on Ice and Twilight of the Gods are excellent albums. I like the first 3 albums as well. The Quorthon and Octagon albums are pretty horrible. Haven't heard anything else.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:19 pm

The 1st 3 albums Bathory made were awesome! I like the last few records he did as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:57 pm

Never heard a whole lot of their music but for some reason I had a Bathory t-shirt over ten years ago, I always thought the album covers looked cool. Unfortunatly, I steer away from the satanic stuff so I haven't gotten any of their albums. I know the viking stuff was less satanic and more norse mythology and history but I can't find any of those around here used, only the satanic ones (and I'm not interested enough to buy them new). However, that is the case with most black metal bands. I only get Christian black metal and even then I only listen to is sparadically. I am a huge fan of Borknagar but I don't really think of them as black just like I don't really think of Opeth as death.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:30 am

Lurideath wrote:
The 1st 3 albums Bathory made were awesome! I like the last few records he did as well.
same here... the first 3 albums (the satanic era) were 3 of the all time best ever. i've always been a big Bathory nut.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 am

i am BATHORY Fan only with Song called ''DEUCE'' cver of KiSS. best cover song of all time in black metal style !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

lol!

thats some find! and cool about the free beers
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:08 pm

The first three are head and shoulders above everything else he recorded. For whatever reason, I do like the the destroyer of worlds album though.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 pm

I like Blood Fire Death, which is the only one I own, although I have heard several songs off of the other albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 pm

The first four are all great. The Return and Under The Sign of The Black Mark are both so influential to the second wave of black metal. Definitely ahead of it's time.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:46 am

Have Blood Fire Death. I consider myself a fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:02 am

11 years is far too long for nobody to talk about Bathory around here. I've ben a fan since I discovered them in the mid 80's. Kinda went away from them when they started on the whole Viking stuff, but I love it all now. My favorites are by far the first 3 albums, but Destroyer of Worlds, the Nordland albums, and Twilight are right up there with them. I have yet to get the solo stuff by Quorthon though, so can't comment on those.

Something I just read today while listening to Nordland II. Was reading the lyrics to some of the songs on dark lyrics website and was reading what all is on the Jubileum albums, and the notes on some of them were pretty cool. I had no idea he was writing lyrics with hidden codes in them. One song, each verse spells out "Satan" if you use the first letter on each line. Another song does the same thing spelling out, "Jesus the bastard son of Heaven".

Anyways, thought it was a trip he did that.

Anyone of you old farts around here that's been a fan of this band since the days before internet, ever have trouble with the name of the band? Back then, I was the only one in my circle to listen to them, so nobody ever corrected me when I used to call them Batlord. It was about a year or more when I noticed on the side of the vinyl that the correct spelling was Bathory lol
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:36 am

I love everything from the S/T to Hammerheart. Never really heard much after that. Under The Sign of the Black Mark is probably my favorite
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:48 am

DeathCult wrote:
I love everything from the S/T to Hammerheart. Never really heard much after that. Under The Sign of the Black Mark is probably my favorite
Yeah Hammerheart is where I left off pretty much. Started getting into the newer stuff around the time Quorthon died. Had Twilight of the Gods, but couldn't get into it back then. I still need to get Requiem and Octagon on cd, but have heard them both and liked them okay.

Couldn't say which is my favorite, but probably have to go with yours as well. That's one beast of an album! headbanger
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:55 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Yeah Hammerheart is where I left off pretty much. Started getting into the newer stuff around the time Quorthon died. Had Twilight of the Gods, but couldn't get into it back then. I still need to get Requiem and Octagon on cd, but have heard them both and liked them okay.

Couldn't say which is my favorite, but probably have to go with yours as well. That's one beast of an album! headbanger

Yeah, that album is where it even felt different. Twilight of the Gods I've spun a few times but it's never clicked. I have some of the others too, just never bothered to listen to them.

And wellll....hell yeah! Cuz it's a good choice, hell, even the title screams "BLACK f*cking METALLLL!"

and as an added bonus, unlike Venom, they could actually play their instruments lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 4:38 pm

This is an old thread.

A couple of years ago, I discussed Under the Sign of the Black Mark in a video on my YouTube channel.

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 6:00 pm

I still return to the Return all the time. Creepy shit.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 9:25 pm

First album was finding their feet a bit
The Return - Masterpiece
Under the Sign - Better than The Return, frankly untouchable
Blood Fire Death - Crossover album from Hell to Valhalla, brilliant!
Hammerheart - Not a favourite but pretty damn good
Twilight - More atmospheric and better than Hammerheart
Requiem - Sounds like second rate Sodom WTF?
Octagon - Sounds like third rate Slayer WTF?
Blood on Ice - Actually recorded before Hammerheart and the first real Viking album. I love this
Destroyer of Worlds - The first new Viking album since Twilight and pretty great
Nordland - Just when I had given up hope of Bathory ever really blowing my mind again, they go and blow my mind!
Nordland II - Possibly even better than I. This album makes me want to get in a longboat and invade England (and I'm already in England)

As much as I love the black metal era the Nordland albums are the best thing he did!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 11:10 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
11 years is far too long for nobody to talk about Bathory around here. I've ben a  fan since I discovered them in the mid 80's. Kinda went away from them when they started on the whole Viking stuff, but I love it all now. My favorites are by far the first 3 albums, but Destroyer of Worlds, the Nordland albums, and Twilight are right up there with them. I have yet to get the solo stuff by Quorthon though, so can't comment on those.

Something I just read today while listening to Nordland II. Was reading the lyrics to some of the songs on dark lyrics website and was reading what all is on the Jubileum albums, and the notes on some of them were pretty cool. I had no idea he was writing lyrics with hidden codes in them. One song, each verse spells out "Satan" if you use the first letter on each line. Another song does the same thing spelling out, "Jesus the bastard son of Heaven".

Anyways, thought it was a trip he did that.

Anyone of you old farts around here that's been a fan of this band since the days before internet, ever have trouble with the name of the band? Back then, I was the only one in my circle to listen to them, so nobody ever corrected me when I used to call them Batlord. It was about a year or more when I noticed on the side of the vinyl that the correct spelling was Bathory lol

"Dies Irae" spells out "Christ, the bastard son of heaven" and not "Jesus, the bastard son of heaven"; "The Golden Walls of Heaven" is the song where the verses each spell out "Satan" with the first letter of each line. Both songs are off of Blood Fire Death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BATHORY FANS?????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BATHORY FANS??????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next