Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...

Go down 
+10
Temple of Blood
Glenn Rogers
kmorg
candlemass
Rex
stepcousin
Thrasher73
mc666
DallasBlack
ultmetal
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Empty
PostSubject: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:56 am

In case anyone was curious to know how Steve Rowe is doing, we were talking about working out and I asked him about his health and he had this to say...

Quote :
Man you are getting BIG! How much time do you spend in the gym? I train hard every week in the gym just to keep healthy and walking better. But I find it difficult to gain a lot of size because I am a weed. Ha Ha. Anyway I compete in a Para class in seated Discus, Shot, Javelin and Hard Ball throws. Won 3 gold medals at the 2006 Australian Transplant Games. Will compete again this year & hopefully at the world games next year.

I have some fairly serious health issues but all things considered I am extremely well. Next year I break the record for the longest living Bone Marrow Transplant from acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with a philadelphia chromasone plus secondary cancer.

Good news. We all didn't think he was going to make it through 1997. Who would have imagined that Steve would not only push through but be the longest survivor of a bone marrow transplant. That speaks volumes about his faith and his will to live.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:22 am

Thats good to hear. I really admire Steve and he's a perfect example of what the the Lord can do with our faith. Usually when certain people talk about Christian metal being an abomination, I let it slide, but when they attack Steve and Mortification, that's where I speak up. They can insult Chritian metal all they want but when they attack someone who has done as much for the gospel as Steve, they cross the line. Here's to many more years to come.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:25 am

i wonder what his health issues are now?

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:29 am

I really admire Steve.His faith speaks volumes.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:38 am

mc666 wrote:
i wonder what his health issues are now?

His eye sight is really bad, to the point of near blindness. I know that is one thing he struggles with. He also has a hard time standing for long periods of time. He really has to work hard to keep his strength up. I don't know what other health issues he has, but I know those are some things he struggles with.

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:23 am

Quote :
Who would have imagined that Steve would not only push through but be the longest survivor of a bone marrow transplant.
Not to mention, "Goblin" was one of his best!!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 am

Steve Rowe is just plain awesome. Gold Medals!! Now that is so metal!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:35 am

🤘 Steve Rules!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:41 am

Rexorcist wrote:
🤘 Steve Rules!

Steve would say God Rules..........like several times! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:05 am

And just think he was here in Norway last year, doin' an 80 minute gig just 1 hour drive from where I live, and I couldn't go!!!!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

kmorg wrote:
And just think he was here in Norway last year, doin' an 80 minute gig just 1 hour drive from where I live, and I couldn't go!!!!

Slacker! angry

just kidding
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:18 am

It was a pleasure to speak with him in Norway...Funny thing is we spoke mostly about Hirax...He's a he's a big fan...What a honor for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 am

very cool....God bless Steve...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:32 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
It was a pleasure to speak with him in Norway...Funny thing is we spoke mostly about Hirax...He's a he's a big fan...What a honor for me.

He even wrote about this in the latest issue of Heaven's Metal!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 am

kmorg wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

He even wrote about this in the latest issue of Heaven's Metal!

Yes I have that issue...Good to Ult on the cover...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:43 am

It says more about His will to let him live. God bless Steve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 am

Good perspective, Temp!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Steve's an amazing guy. I haven't heard of anyone else who gets slagged on so much for their music and beliefs yet I respect the heck out of him and his ministry.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:01 pm

I don't disagree. Obviously God is in control and can take anyone home whenever He sees fit.

However, having known a lot of people with cancer, and having lost some dear friends to it, I have come to discover that a lot of it has to do with the person's desire to live. If a cancer patient gives up, chances are they won't make it very long.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Fair enough, I was just making a point. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Steve is great for all he has done for Christian metal but even more so for his strength and will to live. I have to give some Mortification a spin.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I love Steve that guy has benifited my walk with his music so much! I'm glad to hear he is doing great health wise (geez, gold medals,wow). Makes me want to listen to Lightforce or Mortification or something.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Steve rules - GOD RULES!!!!

He has truly gone through a lot in his life, yet has an eternal perspective on things. Not too many people can do that. I always buy his CD's when they first come out, to help him out financially. I know it must cost a lot of money for the medical bills. But GOD is the GREAT PROVIDER!

Keep rockin' hard Steve - Erasing the Goblin was a killer release. I look forward to hopefully seeing another Mortification release a couple of years from now.

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:20 am

I was introduced to Christian metal by Mortification. Steve has a very strong will, and yes, hopefully he can put out a few more Morty releases in the future.
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:24 am

I hope that Steve lives long enough to release some more Mortification albums.

But you know what? It doesn't matter. Because if he was to die tomorrow, he'd leave an incredible legacy. The man almost single handedly started the whole Christian extreme metal movement, founded an incredible metal band, and left a series of incredible metal albums.

He lived the life of ten men a few years ago, he's living twenty by now! Very Happy

I know this though, when he finally does go to the great beyond, he'll make God rock. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...   Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spoke to Steve Rowe of Mortification...
Page 1 of 1