Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?

Go down 
+11
TrogDawn
DeathCult
candlemass
kmorg
mc666
Rex
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Yes
In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
No
In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Vote_lcap65%In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:24 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Towards the end of the show he messes up the lyrics for one song pretty bad. Not positive, but I think it was Paranoid. I was thinking, "C'mon Rob, even I know the lyrics to that one." lol!
Yeah, it was "Paranoid". Did you catch the look he and Tony shot at each other after Rob screwed up the line? Rob just starts smiling and shaking his head at his goof - it was hillarious! Laughing

Oh yeah, you can tell they were laughing about it. Technically perfect
on not, those guys were having fun up there. In my mind that goes a
long way towards making a great show.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:38 pm

Yep, and seeing Rob fronting Sabbath was heavy metal history IMO - perfect or not. 🤘

This wasn't the first time he did it for them either, when Ronnie stormed out of the camp during the Dehumanizer tour back in 1992, they brought Rob in for two dates as well. cool

And the audio proof can be heard on the Ozzy Meets the Priest bootleg (complete with link should you wish to download it):

In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Priest1

http://eymamusic.blogspot.com/2008/01/black-sabbath-ozzy-meets-priest-1992.html

Last edited by TrogDawn on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
No, Halford has a God given talent.

Absofrigginlutely!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks Randy, downloading now! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Thanks Randy, downloading now! 🤘
Cool, hope you like it. In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:25 am

I just didn't think Rob sounded that great when he subbed in for Ozzy in 05, or on the AoR tour, not bad, just not up to "Metal God" status. When he filled in for Dio in 92 he sounded great, ironically, he screwed up the first part of the first song that time, comming in a measure early on Children of the Grave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 pm

My real life answer: There's no such thing as the devil

My Metal answer: Hell yeah, of course he did 🤘

Thanks for that link Trogdawn, I've wanted to hear that show for a long time. I saw some clips of his recent stand in and thought it was ok, he vocals weren't great but it was worth a watch anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:05 pm

I saw Halford fill-in for a sick Ozzy on the one and only time I went to OzzFest. I thought it was great. Seeing a full Priest re-union gig, then later that night hearing Rob belt out Sabbath tunes with Tony and the boys. The only way the night could have been any better is if the devil himself appeared onstage and tore up Rob's contract in front of 10,000 screaming fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:17 pm

No... his voice is a flamethrower! He's a natural talent and has worked hard to maintain it. In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Man this reeks. The first file extracts the back art, but nothing else and none of the other files will give me anything, they just ask for the next archive and then shut down no matter what answer I supply. angry

The FAQ has nothing on this. What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:44 pm

No...The Devil did sell his soul to Rob Halford. Nobody can beat him even Chuck Norris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil?   In Your Opinion Did Rob Halford Sell His Soul To The Devil? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2