Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Label Society

Go down 
+20
MetalH
INVADERS
manny
Schbopo
journeyman
QuothTheRaven
Troublezone
Selvmord
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
the sentinel
Todd Jaymz
nevermore
sam
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
mc666
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
MetalRob331
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Black Label Society - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Love em. Concrete Jungle, Fire it up, Stillborn, Spoke in the wheel, all great.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 pm

Hit and miss. Sometimes they rock, and sometimes not....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:41 am

I was following his stuff since Pride and Glory, but lost interest when Stronger Than Death came out. I liked 1919 Eternal and Blessed Hell Ride alot but i didn't like Shot to Hell.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 am

troublezone wrote:
I was following his stuff since Pride and Glory, but lost interest when Stronger Than Death came out. I liked 1919 Eternal and Blessed Hell Ride alot but i didn't like Shot to Hell.

STD imo is BLS strongest release...
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:59 pm

I like BLS. Like others have said, I think 1919 Eternal and Blessed Hellride are their best releases. Mafia is okay too. 1919 came out very soon after 9/11 and I thought the acoustic "America the Beautiful" was brilliant. Cool
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:51 pm

I just picked up a couple of BLS discs after hearing Ozzy's Black Rain. I was always a fan of the work Zakk Wylde did with Ozzy, but I never checked out any of his solo stuff until just resently and i do have to say that I am impressed. I'm currently alternating between Sonic Brew and Blessed Hellride. The sound is so heavy, but not like I am used to. I am on a serious Black Label Society kick.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:07 pm

One of my favorite bands ever. I honestly think that Mafia and Shot to Hell are their two best. I loved the mixture of heavy stuff and softer stuff on the latter.

Oh, and there is no such thing as pinch harmonic overuse. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Black Label Society is very cool, a very heavy swampy southern vibe to some of his albums, and Zakk seems to be saving the better songs for his own band than for Ozzy. Great stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:29 am

journeyman wrote:
I just picked up a couple of BLS discs after hearing Ozzy's Black Rain. I was always a fan of the work Zakk Wylde did with Ozzy, but I never checked out any of his solo stuff until just resently and i do have to say that I am impressed. I'm currently alternating between Sonic Brew and Blessed Hellride. The sound is so heavy, but not like I am used to. I am on a serious Black Label Society kick.
Sonic Brew needs a remix, I think. It's too bottom heavy. Fantastic album, though. In fact, I think every BLS album is killer.

Not a big fan of Zakk's Pride & Glory album, though.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 5:43 am

- I Love 'em.
- Going to see them in a week's time at Wale's Hard Rock Hell.

- Fav songs are Rust, Just Killing Time, Battering Ram, Suicide Messiah, Beneath the Tree, All For You etc.... the list is endless.

- I do agree that Zakk does use his pinched-harmonics all the time, but that is part of his style and what he is known for (as well as shredding).
- I say the sae about Yngwie, in that he uses sweep-picking too much, but again that is his style.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 am

BLS is one of my favorite bands, and Zakk Wylde is such a great guitarist! The harmonic squeals have never bothered me. I like every release, but The Blessed Hellride is probably my favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 am

Funeral Bell baby!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:00 am

- My band used to cover Funeral Bell.
- Awesome song to play live.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:45 pm

I just got Mafia. Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
journeyman wrote:
Sonic Brew needs a remix, I think. It's too bottom heavy. Fantastic album, though. In fact, I think every BLS album is killer.

Not a big fan of Zakk's Pride & Glory album, though.

Yeah, I noticed that about Sonic Brew. It sounds better in the car. I have just rounded out my collection of all the studio releases and I would have to agree that all of the BLS albums are killer. I even think Black Rain kicks butt.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 am

I never gave these guys a shot. Maybe i should.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:22 am

Love them totally. They combine some Southern/biker vibes with solid no-nonsense heavy metal - great stuff really. And Zakk is one solo/riff master lemme tell ya - and it shows best in BLS!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 am

I like songs on all their releases but my favorite albums are 1919, Blessed Hellride and Mafia. Book of Shadows isn't a BLS release but it is one of the best things he's done.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:08 am

Troublezone wrote:
I like songs on all their releases but my favorite albums are 1919, Blessed Hellride and Mafia. Book of Shadows isn't a BLS release but it is one of the best things he's done.

The Blessed Hellride is probably the best bet for a BLS newcomer. Lots of hits and probably one the best openers ever - "Stoned And Drunk". Works really well live too!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Don't forget "Stillborn" and "Doomsday Jesus".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I like all of BLS releases. Stronger Than Death is my personal favs as it has a very raw and in your face sound.

You cant go wrong with any BLS release IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm

I think he peaked with 1919. There's some good stuff on the others but that one is strong all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 pm

MetalH wrote:
Don't forget "Stillborn" and "Doomsday Jesus".

Definitely those too! And a great great ballad in the title track. Generally the whole disc rocks like no tomorrow. Great stuff top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm a casual fan and own a few albums. The sound is a bit samey, but it's actually awesome. Love the guitar work. It's Zakk's cat-like 'meoooow's that annoy me more. Anyway, I really like the Blessed Hellride.

Here's how I'd rank the albums:

1. Blessed Hellride
2. 1919 Eternal
3. Stronger than Death
4. Hangover Music Vol. VI
5. Mafia

I don't have the others.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Bump for some new BLS news...

Quote :
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY will release a new single, "Parade Of The Dead", in mid-June. More details will be made available soon.

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY'd new studio album, "Order Of The Black", will be issued in North America on August 10 via E1 Music. The CD will be made available in Europe through Roadrunner Records and in Australia and New Zealand via Riot! Entertainment.

"Order Of The Black" will feature four different CD covers — one for each territory: North America, Europe, Australia and South America/Asia.

The "Order Of The Black" artwork can be viewed below.

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's longtime drummer Craig Nunenmacher recently left the band and was replaced by veteran rock skinsman Will Hunt (EVANESCENCE, STATIC-X, DARK NEW DAY, TOMMY LEE, STUCK MOJO).

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY will headline the second stage at this year's installment of Ozzy Osbourne's travelling festival, Ozzfest. This marks the band's sixth appearance on the explosive hard rock package tour. Following Ozzfest, BLS will head out on its own worldwide headlining tour in support of "Order Of The Black" through 2011.

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's last studio album, "Shot to Hell" (2006), sold just under 32,000 copies in the United States during its first week of release — less than the 45,000 copies shifted by BLS's "Mafia" (Artemis) back in March 2005 — to land at position No. 21 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Black Label Society - Page 2 Blsorder

I for one, am looking forward to this. After a long break, I've rekindled my liking of all things BLS, so this new album will be a welcome addition.

PS Is it possible for a mod to move this outta the RIP section or should I just start a new thread?

PostSubject: Re: Black Label Society   Black Label Society - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Label Society
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next