Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio Question...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Dio Question... Empty
PostSubject: Dio Question...   Dio Question... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:57 pm

I recently stumbled upon a Japanese box set of Dio within the last week. It contained the first 3 C.D's and a live C.D (not one I recognize). On each one of the C.D's was the Minotaur/Devil which can be found on his albums. I tried to find this box set online, but I didn't. There is also a booklet with a number of pages to it, but of course everything is in Japanese. The store owner is charging $89.99 used. My question is this. I've been wanting Dio's catalog to be remastered for quite a long time. Do the Japanese box sets ever sound better than what is put out here in the U.S? I suppose I could listen to it, but I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference?
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Dio Question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio Question...   Dio Question... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Truthfully, they are somewhat better. They almost always have bonus tracks. I'd assume the Minotaur is Murray, the lovable mutated Malacovian giant, and there are a few albums with him on there. I'm not sure which albums you're thinking. But check the Metal-Archives for the set (metal-archives.com/band.php?id=163). From what you've said though, 4 Japanese Dio cd's in a box (I'd guess they're new) for ninety bucks seems like a good deal to me. Even good used condition sounds pretty good. Imports are really pricey, after all.

About sound quality, they're about the same. I can't here a difference and I'm die-hard Dio. Unfortunately, I'm not Japanese so I can't tell which albums they are.

Yeah, hope that lengthy thing helps. If not, post a response and maybe I can be of more help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal

Dio Question...
Page 1 of 1