Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Armageddon (US) news...

Go down 
+8
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
Shiney
kethdredd
kmorg
scottmitchell74
James B.
ultmetal
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Armageddon (US) news... Empty
PostSubject: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Quote :
Hiya Everyone,

I thought you all might enjoy this interview that I participated in with Armageddon, the band I was in during the early nineties that made quite an impact back then and is on the road to doing it again with the release of the remastered album from back then called "The Money Mask" on Retroactive Records. The Armegeddon Myspace page has been flooded with over 230,000 plays since it launched in December and over 1000 friends joining in that short time. All original members will be meeting in Falls Church next weekend at a rented studio to begin writing what will be the follow up album. This is an exciting time as it is also allowing me a great window of opportunity to gain exposure for my Attic Symphony project.

So enjoy the interview and check out the slideshow on the Armageddon myspace page at www.myspace.com/armageddonva .

C<----::: Robert

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 pm

I have "Money Mask" and never really got into it... Can't call if it is a "song" thing, a "production" thing or a "performance" thing ? I hope they do well in the new project. Have some fun and glorify Jesus.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 pm

You need to give it another chance. Nightlight, Blazing Wasteland, More than Conquerers, and Mercenaries of Unjustice are all GREAT songs!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:15 pm

I can't find a Myspace or home page to check them out. Anyone know if I'm missing this in my searches?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:19 pm

It's in the original post.....

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:10 pm

I got the reissue the other day. Still haven't spun it yet though. I had the original "back in the day" Saw these guys in concert also, I'm excited about them recording new material.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Quote :
It's in the original post.....

Oh, wow, am I a blind idiot!!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:37 pm

I actually scored the original cd of this a yea or two ago...at a flea market for $2....

it's a great metal album, for sure...

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Wow! This is very good!

How did I miss these guys, Saint, Sacred Warrior and a few others the first time around? I was into Bride, VR, "D", Tourniquet, Mortification, ect....I wonder if as a teen I just didn't have the $ so I had to cut my losses? I can't explain how I would have passed some of this stuff up. Adding insult to this is that I DID spend my money on XALT!!! (I know some of you like them! cool )
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:51 pm

This band just put up a new tune on Reverbnation, called Time Divider. It sound great!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:24 pm

thanks Kurt

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Hmmmm, I'll have to go back and give The Money Mask a fresh spin and then decide if this news means anything to me.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Need to get this out the R.I.P. section.
http://www.reverbnation.com/armageddonusa/song/16456650-time-divider
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Armageddon (US) news... 11840 Armageddon (US) news... 11840 Armageddon (US) news... 11840

I am really stoked for this release!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

That song seems to go in a thrashier direction for them.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Song was OK, not as good as I remember them on The Money Mask. I will give the new album a a chance.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Give them a Second Chance.

I remember them, under a different name, having a song on East Coast Metal called Liberation from the blazing wasteland. Not sure if I ever heard their full length as Armageddon. I feel like I must have checked it out, but I have no memory of it.

East Coast Metal though... Now that was a great compilation. I mean, it was my first taste of Believer! To me, that Believer track was the best Christian metal that I had ever heard at that point, and then Extraction From Mortality came out and I was floored.

I also loved the track from The Lead. Loved the Past behind EP. Didn't love anything else by them.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:31 am

AchrisK wrote:
Give them a Second Chance.

I see what you did there Laughing

AchrisK wrote:

East Coast Metal though... Now that was a great compilation. I mean, it was my first taste of Believer! To me, that Believer track was the best Christian metal that I had ever heard at that point, and then Extraction From Mortality came out and I was floored.

It was a great compilation, it also introduced Rage of Angels. I was hoping that Believer would re-record their track on one of their albums, but it was not to be.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Is there any news on how the new album is proceeding? I can't seem to find any info about it at all.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:09 pm

i'm curious too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armageddon (US) news...   Armageddon (US) news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armageddon (US) news...
Page 1 of 1