Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorate Seventh Angel disc

Go down 
+6
SideShowDisaSter
James B.
Troublezone
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Stender
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Favorate Seventh Angel disc Empty
PostSubject: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Since there was only two, it shouldnt be that hard(dont really count the live/demos album) to decide but what is your favorate Seventh angel album.

Mine is "Lament for the weary".
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:40 pm

The Torment - easy. Lament, for some reason, never got to me. I think it plods along too much for me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Love 'em both. Hard to pick one over the other.

In case anyone didn't know, Seventh Angel has a third "album" that features early demos and live material. It's actually very good. Worth it for the Heed the Warning demos alone.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:19 pm

Lament is my fav. It mixes my two fav styles Doom and Thrash!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:25 pm

Exactly. Can't go wrong mixing Doom with the thrash Seventh Angel style.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:02 pm

See, that's what's wrong with it for me. Doom just loses me. I doubt there's much doom in my collection, and if their is, it has some other exceptional element that makes me like it.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:31 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
See, that's what's wrong with it for me. Doom just loses me. I doubt there's much doom in my collection, and if their is, it has some other exceptional element that makes me like it.

Lament was the first album I heard by any band to mix those two styles so I think because of its originality to me I like it so much. Before listening to it I hadnt heard that done before.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:16 pm

I really like "Lament" anyone ever see them live ?

Laterz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:50 pm

Never seen Lament live, but have met them once. They were at an Ultimatum show in Texas. If you have the Puppet of Destruction CD, look at the b&w photos on the inside and you'll see a photo of us with Abel Gomez.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Never seen Lament live, but have met them once. They were at an Ultimatum show in Texas. If you have the Puppet of Destruction CD, look at the b&w photos on the inside and you'll see a photo of us with Abel Gomez.

I believe he was asking if anyone has seen Seventh Angel live, and that he likes "Lament" as in Lament For The Weary. lol!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:53 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I believe he was asking if anyone has seen Seventh Angel live, and that he likes "Lament" as in Lament For The Weary. lol!

Laughing very hard

insane

Embarassed

Favorate Seventh Angel disc 811939

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:34 pm

I like them both a lot but would vote for lament.. They both had awesome cover art though!!

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:46 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The Torment - easy. Lament, for some reason, never got to me. I think it plods along too much for me.

scottmitchell and I are on the same wavelength on this subject. My 2 cents is...The Torment is the best Christian Thrash album ever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:49 pm

I don't think I ever heard this band. I know I once passed up a used copy of LAMENT FOR THE WEARY in favor of Warrior's ANCIENT FUTURE in a store, and once I heard ANCIENT FUTURE, I kinda slapped myself and wished I'd gotten the Seventh Angel disc instead.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't think I ever heard this band. I know I once passed up a used copy of LAMENT FOR THE WEARY in favor of Warrior's ANCIENT FUTURE in a store, and once I heard ANCIENT FUTURE, I kinda slapped myself and wished I'd gotten the Seventh Angel disc instead.

That decision you made hurts ME, do you remember how much it was in the store. I had to pay a ungodly $24 for mine on Amazon a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:15 pm

Stender wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That decision you made hurts ME, do you remember how much it was in the store. I had to pay a ungodly $24 for mine on Amazon a few months ago.

It was quite a few years ago but if memory serves it was probably 8.99 or 9.99 at most. Now that I know how much that Seventh Angel disc routinely goes for on eBay, I know I made the totally wrong decision. angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:18 pm

The reissue is still readily available in the 10-15 dollar range.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The reissue is still readily available in the 10-15 dollar range.

I was just wondering about those... did the re-issues have anything else on them?

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 pm

No, nothing added, but they sound great.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am

Lament is probably their best in terms of songwriting and musicianship and production. It does plod along just a bit but I still love it for what it is. Torment seems musch more agressive and riffy and time changes. But I actually thuink I like their Heed The Warning demo the best. I dont know why but I do.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:30 pm

The Torment is my favorite. You can't go wrong with either one, but The Torment just has some songs on there that I love, like Expletive Deleted, Dr. Hatchet, and Katie.

Ult is right - if you like Seventh Angel and have only the 2 albums, get the Heed the Warning Demo and Live music CD. The live version of Katie rocks.

I really hope they get back and treat us to one more studio album - man that would be heavenly.

cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorate Seventh Angel disc   Favorate Seventh Angel disc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorate Seventh Angel disc
Page 1 of 1