Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headline of the year so far....

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
Mortuary
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
Tall Tyrion
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Headline of the year so far.... Empty
PostSubject: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Quote :
Sherriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20080312/NEWS/941540930/-1/rss02
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Disgusting story sick
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:24 pm

So weird, but so convenient.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 am

Shocked surprised No sick
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:05 am

What a freak!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:08 am

Here's my first thought. Man, can you imagine what she smells like??????
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:12 am

spectrefate wrote:
Here's my first thought. Man, can you imagine what she smells like??????

- My thoughts, exactly - And did she brush her teeth? 'cause if she didn't......oh, dear lord! sick
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:14 am

How can someone let that happen.... scratch
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:19 am

Am I the only one that finds it hysterical that the officer in charge of a toilet case is named "Whipple"?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:21 am

Oh and this one:

Quote :
Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

I vote yes on that first part.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:41 am

I'd say theres a little bit of mental disablility there Shocked
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:43 am

What about the sex?? sick sick sick sick sick

That boyfriend is a winner I bet!! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:46 am

From a responders POV, I bet this was a gem. I'm sure the call came in as a general illness or something and the responders get there and realize a person has been physically attached to a toilet seat. Smile I'm sure they were fighting over who was going to cut the toilet seat free. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:50 am

Quote :
From a responders POV, I bet this was a gem. I'm
sure the call came in as a general illness or something and the
responders get there and realize a person has been physically attached
to a toilet seat. Headline of the year so far.... Icon_smile I'm sure they were fighting over who was going to cut the toilet seat free. Headline of the year so far.... Icon_smile

You know it! Good call! I've never seen something like this but, man, it gets "interesting" out there!

I've been at the Station in the most "well-to-do" district the last 2 1/2 years so we get old people out the wazoo, divas, spazzing brats and car wrecks but not much of the really hideous things. HOWEVER, once in a while I'm taken a-back. When your LT says "her jaw is gone" you better take him seriously!! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
When your LT says "her jaw is gone" you better take him seriously!! Shocked

I bet that's a pleasant story. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 am

spectrefate wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
When your LT says "her jaw is gone" you better take him seriously!! Shocked

I bet that's a pleasant story. Smile

I'd like to hear that one
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 am

If she was stuck to the toilet, where did her boyfriend go????

kmorg wrote:
If she was stuck to the toilet, where did her boyfriend go????

Ever heard of watersports? Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:22 am

The last three posts....................SICKIES!!! Razz Razz

We get a call for an 'injured subject'.....something like that. Well, people are forever saying that when it is merely just a "flesh wound" or something basic.

Well, the LT gets to the door first because he jumps right off and heads to the scene while the guys in the back get the bags. I watched him turn the corner, take a look, and not really blanche - but he had this sort of "huh?" look - and as calm as can be said "Her jaw's gone." I see some blood droplets outside but what he said doesn't compute. I figure he meant it's been broken or smashed by a fist (domestic dispute...something) but as I round the corner I see this woman kneeling there. Her jaw is literally gone.

From just below her nose and down - gone! Her lower jaw (mandible) and all her teeth are all over the floor. You can look into her mouth and see the jagged edges of her mandible way back at the rounded bony part. (Feel your jaw line and go back toward the base of your skull - it was blown off to about that bony curve). The flesh is everywhere. Blood everywhere. She's looking up at me with "What's next?" and I just look down at her. She's alive, lucid and just looking. So I just start talking. That's what you do anyhow. At least one person just talks. It distracts them. We can't really do anything. Her mouth, lips, cheeks and everything are splayed out and she has a sort of "squid person" look. We can't even intubate because she's breathing fine and conscious so she'd have a gag-reflex. She has no jaw to open anyhow, so if we had to intubate it would be a sort of blind jab into the hole. So was just keep talking. We get some guaze for the bleeding and sort of hold that to her mouth.

By then the ambulance gets there and this one young medic starts spazzing so me - so young but the senior guy none-the-less - tells him to calm down because he's not being professional. It doesn't help the victim at all when a medic is spazzing.

We ride along n the ambulance to the hospital and the only big concern is her airway. Her nose is swollen shut so if gunpoweder burns or just the massive trauma starts her throat swelling shut we have a problem. We don't, however, and all's well that ends well.

That was over two years ago and right now I can still tell you here SS #, her phone # and her Date Of Birth. It was burned into my mind. I got that info from her on the way to the hospital. SHE wrote it down!!! I think the event was so vivid and stark that the #'s just froze (I like #'s anyhow, but this was an extremem case).

There have been others, and maybe other threads will bring them to mind, but that one popped up when Spectre wrote what he did.

By The Way - she works as a nurse at one of the Nursing Homes we frequent and she's had a bazillion surgeries and amazingly looks pretty normal. You can clearly tell something has happened, but she looks like a scarred her - if that makes sense. I think she has a titanium jaw now. Weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:54 am

That's a seriously bad call you had there, scott.

I was a 911 operator for years and its one thing to take the call on a phone, but to go and complete the call is a whole other thing.

Alot of people think firefighters are just there to put out fires and do nothing else. But there is a fire unit that goes to every medical call as well (at least that's how it is here) and those FFs take care of patients just as much as paramedics and never are given credit. I almost bet that FFs took care of this lady on the john and cut her free and the paramedics just transported her. FFs are the workhorses of the emergency repsponse industry, methinks, and they are the true heroes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Wow Scott, you are the man. I seriously could not do what you do and blood doesn't really bother me.

And to the original post. Is two years even possible? Wouldn't blood flow to the legs stop?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:03 pm

I read part of another article where her legs had atrophied. Wow.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:10 pm

Quote :
Alot of people think firefighters are just there to put out fires and do nothing else. But there is a fire unit that goes to every medical call as well (at least that's how it is here) and those FFs take care of patients just as much as paramedics and never are given credit.

That's right. We're what's known as "First Responders" because there are more Fire Stations then Ambulance stations so we usually get there first....sometimes significantly.....especially when all the ambulances are already on another call.

Spectre.....kind words. We can be workhorses, but I've only felt truly herioc about twice the last 8 years and once was off duty. It's a good job, I'm proud to do it, but alas it's still a job.

Etomb- Almost everybody says that.....but I believe almost anyone can do it. Some guys (it's rare) truly get scarred but I've noticed a disconnect - almost an "out of body" feeling I get. I don't think it's unhealthy, either, because I don't have dream, rashes, sleeplessness - nothing. HOWEVER, IF I do have the old "Me, Myself and Irene" freak out like Jim Carrey I'm makin' a B-Line to Naches!!! Twisted Evil I haven't met my "other" self yet, but I bet he's baaaaaad!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Quote :
And to the original post. Is two years even possible? Wouldn't blood flow to the legs stop?

I wondered this as well. I wonder if she is a "big" woman and maybe the fatty tissue took the brunt of the sitting and arteries weren't cut off??

The end result of this story would be interesting. Maybe Oprah will visit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Wonder what Dr. Phil would say.

LADY,you have to get off the damn toilet! It's starting to really stink in here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headline of the year so far....   Headline of the year so far.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headline of the year so far....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next