Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One year ago today...

Go down 
+22
Gilbert
Igor
MEGATRON
Mglaffas81
adrian
James B.
shamgar75
exact33
Troublezone
jstate
holydiver97595
Wurthless
DallasBlack
mez
nevermore
thejokeriv
manny
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

One year ago today... Empty
PostSubject: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:06 am

Ronnie James Dio died at the age of 67.

One year ago today... Ronniediophoto

One of the best! Too bad he's no longer with us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:08 am

Damn, that was a quick year.

I've got DREAM EVIL in my listening stack today in tribute....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:17 am

Wow? A year already?!? Man, that was quick. I'll have to spin some Heaven & Hell this week.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:23 am

A year already. Hard to believe.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:26 am

One year, incredible, I will be spinning some Black sabbath in his honor tonight
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:34 am

manny wrote:
One year, incredible, I will be spinning some Black sabbath in his honor tonight

As will I. I've already spun Rainbow - Rising, and am currently listening to the Holy Diver album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I will be playing some live Dio tonight
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Seems hard to believe it's been a year already.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Gettin' my DREAM EVIL on right now. headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Sad, but we all may not last for ever, but his music will. We are fortunate to have his legacy to remember!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:09 pm

VERY HARD TO BELEIVE IT'S ONLY ONE YEAR. HOWEVER, HIS MUSIC STILL LIVES ON. ABOUT A MONTH AGO I PLAYED ALL MY FAVORITE DIO SONGS AND TODAY I HEARD MY FAVORITE SONG SUNG BY HIM, STARGAZER.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:19 pm

I'll have to whip out my guitar and play One Night in the City, the first Dio song I tought myself.
Dio RIP
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Dio
A very sad day it was. However, I've been listening to/singing his entire catalog today, as I am right now. I miss him a lot... however, for those of you who've been on the Metal Archives today, they've decided to donate to Dio's favorite charities (Children of The Night and the Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund). I think this is a great idea, and if any of you could help in this effort, it'd be greatly appreciated! I've already donated $50 to each, and it feels good.

Anyway... PRAISE DIO!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:20 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
Dio
A very sad day it was.
I didn't want to believe it when I first heard, I mean I was in complete shock. I would have much rather had Ozzy go first.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:21 pm

In his memory I'm breaking out Holy Diver and two of my personal unsung favorites of his Dehumanizer and Lock Up The Wolves.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:58 pm

jstate wrote:
In his memory I'm breaking out Holy Diver and two of my personal unsung favorites of his Dehumanizer and Lock Up The Wolves.

Love Lock Up The Wolves! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:15 pm

A year? Time sure does fly... RIP
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:10 pm

wow. Hard to believe that much time has passed.

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Holy Geez - a year already? That's crazy.

I was just listening to The Last in Line album - so good.

Wish I got to see him live.

You are missed Ronnie

Dio
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:06 pm

That was quick....was watching "a headbanger's journey" yesterday and laughed at the footage from Ronnie's home (RIP)

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:10 am

I had intentions of playing Rising today but the day kind of slipped by. Tomorrow I'll be blasting that and a couple more of my favorite works of his
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:23 am

I love Dio's music, and I had deep respect for him. Can't believe it's already been a year - thank you Dio, for your incredible contribution and influence to the Heavy Metal scene!

Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:56 am

}{Iron~Maiden~}{ wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:
Dio
A very sad day it was.
I didn't want to believe it when I first heard, I mean I was in complete shock. I would have much rather had Ozzy go first.

Wow. What a horrible thing to say.
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:15 am

the best metal vox so far... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:20 am

MEGATRON wrote:
}{Iron~Maiden~}{ wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:
Dio
A very sad day it was.

Wow. What a horrible thing to say.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One year ago today...   One year ago today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One year ago today...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next