Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sevendust!

Go down 
+4
MetalRob331
kmorg
Rex
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:16 pm

New Sevendust! Ad19104St1Sz225Sq150105V0Id2

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:43 pm

New Sevendust! 6882_BOOGERS
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Laughing very hard

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:58 pm

looking forward to this release. Has my favorite guitarist Mark Tremonti on one of the tracks as well as Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge on another track...
Back to top Go down

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:05 pm

I'll pick this up. I still hope that someday Sevendust will put out a great album from beginning to end. Each album has about half great songs, half decent/filler tracks. But when they're on, man, they are good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:35 pm

I thought that "Seasons" was solid.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:39 pm

i will pass on this
Back to top Go down

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:40 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i will pass on this
Frankly, I'm shocked. But thanks for letting us know.
Back to top Go down

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I thought that "Seasons" was solid.
All the albums have been solid. I just think the band writes some amazing tunes, and then there are others that just pale in comparison. So the contrast between the two just sort of bugs me. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:39 pm

I agree they have some killer material then the next song will be wtf is this material. But those killer songs make up for the wtf songs...
Back to top Go down

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Sevendust could have been the greatest band to only release EPs ever!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 pm

I will definitely check it out.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:00 pm

Just got back from Best Buy and i bought this cd there. Great disc and i really think the collaboration with Chris Daughtry on the song Hope is goin to make them a more popular mainstream rock band. This is a real diverse cd and Lajon sounds impressive as always. There are a lot of harder edge songs on here to go with the slow ones. Great Disc
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:06 pm

I'll stay home and stick a butter knife in my pee hole instead. Thanks....

Last edited by Shiney on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:00 pm

This band has a few songs I like but for the most part I find them just too "aggressive" and tuneless.

Administrator
ultmetal

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:46 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Just got back from Best Buy and i bought this cd there. Great disc and i really think the collaboration with Chris Daughtry on the song Hope is goin to make them a more popular mainstream rock band. This is a real diverse cd and Lajon sounds impressive as always. There are a lot of harder edge songs on here to go with the slow ones. Great Disc

Cool. Thanks for the rundown. I'm gonna pick this one up real soon.

ult

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:20 am

I'll buy their album when I get the notion too. Good band. I wish they put themselves to everything they do. They would be great.
Back to top Go down

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:28 am

They played in Sydney last month supporting Ozzy but a lot of fans gave them the cold shoulder............have never been ito Sevendust as i find them quite repetitive.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:16 am

The new CD is really heavy. I really think that they could benefit from a smokin' lead guitar player. They do some melodic leads here and there, but a few songs, like the album opener would annihilate with some good lead guitar work. Overall, however, I am enjoying the new CD and have been playing it quite a bit. Musically, it's like listening to a schizophrenic. One second it's melodic and smooth, the next moment it's angry and screaming.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:39 am

ultmetal wrote:
The new CD is really heavy. I really think that they could benefit from a smokin' lead guitar player. They do some melodic leads here and there, but a few songs, like the album opener would annihilate with some good lead guitar work. Overall, however, I am enjoying the new CD and have been playing it quite a bit. Musically, it's like listening to a schizophrenic. One second it's melodic and smooth, the next moment it's angry and screaming.

what did you think of Mark Tremonti's solo on track 3 Hope? He's the guitar player for the band Alter Bridge and if you like smoking leads you should give them a try.

I love the disc and i also have been playing it a bit. Fav tracks are Inside, Hope, Scapegoat, Sorrow, and Contradiction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Sevendust! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sevendust!   New Sevendust! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sevendust!
Page 1 of 1