Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...

Go down 
+3
Schbopo
ultmetal
MetalRob331
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Empty
PostSubject: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 pm

New Sevendust album is scheduled to be released sometime in Spring. Cant wait for this release as I always love me some Sevendust. Here is a track off the album and Im not a huge fan of the intro but after that this song smokes.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:34 pm

I'll be picking it up. I like Sevendust a lot. NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... 11840

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Chapter 7: Hope And Sorrow was great! I'll be getting this the day it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:25 pm

2010 is indeed a promising one NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... 11840
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Awesome! I've been picking up some old Sevendust lately, and I'm really liking it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Gonna pick up this one after work tonight. I really dig the single. Such a good band.

One question, though. How the hell did these guys manage to maintain their popularity, and even increase it? Sure, they're a great band, but there's nothing truly original about them. There's a ton of other bands out there playing a very similar style and doing it just as well. But they're not even close to being as popular.

So how did Sevendust do it?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Gonna pick up this one after work tonight. I really dig the single. Such a good band.

One question, though. How the hell did these guys manage to maintain their popularity, and even increase it? Sure, they're a great band, but there's nothing truly original about them. There's a ton of other bands out there playing a very similar style and doing it just as well. But they're not even close to being as popular.

I think a lot of credit has to go to Lajon behind the mic and constant touring. Their music also has a ton of energy, its heavy, and tons of groove. But in the end Lajon is the reason I keep coming back. One of the best singers out there IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Just gave this album a spin and I must say this album didnt hit me as hard as I hoped it would. This might be a grower but I like albums that grab me in right away. SOme tasty solos here and there which is an upgrade but these songs seem to be flow together too much.

Strong Arm Broken, Karma, Splinter, and Ride Insane are all pretty good tracks.

Ride Insane has a pretty awesome chorus and is my fav song on the album with Strong Arm Broken a close second. Hopefully this grows on me but my expectations were high after the mighty Chapter 7...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 pm

I got to listen to the first four or five songs on the way home. Seemed like typical Sevendust—really good, but nothing mind-blowing.

One thing I've always like about them is that they've stayed heavy. Look at Staind now, for comparison. Staind were pretty heavy in the beginning, relatively speaking of course. But they've seriously mellowed out. Sevendust are just as heavy, if not heavier, than when they started.

I still don't think they've written a song better than "Black," though.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think a lot of credit has to go to Lajon behind the mic and constant touring. Their music also has a ton of energy, its heavy, and tons of groove. But in the end Lajon is the reason I keep coming back. One of the best singers out there IMO.

Lajon is about the only thing this band has ever had going for it. Not a bad band at all, but the music is pretty banal if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
I got to listen to the first four or five songs on the way home. Seemed like typical Sevendust—really good, but nothing mind-blowing.

One thing I've always like about them is that they've stayed heavy. Look at Staind now, for comparison. Staind were pretty heavy in the beginning, relatively speaking of course. But they've seriously mellowed out. Sevendust are just as heavy, if not heavier, than when they started.

I still don't think they've written a song better than "Black," though.

Sevendust always were a pretty heavy band I just think with this album the songs arent grabbing me like most Sevendust albums. This one might grow on me but I was disappointed slightly. Ride Insane saved this album for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...   NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW SEVENDUST ALBUM...
Page 1 of 1