Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW COMMUNIC!!!!

Go down 
+12
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
nevermore
Smindas
kmorg
ghostintheruins
tohostudios
INVADERS
Rex
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:49 pm

It's one of those cases where I keep wondering what is keeping them from getting bigger? If anyone has heard them and didn't really like them tell me what it is you didn't like.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:03 am

Admittedly I only listened to the first 3 tracks so far but I can't get any further than that. Waves was progressive thrash but there were recurring melodies that kept each song memorable. I'm not hearing that on the new one.

Does the songwriting get any more memorable later in the disc?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:46 am

Lots of memorable melodies on the last one to, Toho..
I think all their CD`s need some spins before they start growing on me..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:26 pm

I really like this album. Through the Labyrinth of Years is their best song IMO, I love the whole mood and delivery of it. The artwork reminds me of Rush's A Farewell to Kings
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:06 am

Good to see one more Communic fan here cool
Here is a little update from Oddleif after a long silence...

Dead silence
Hi all, sorry for the silence, but a personal tragic incident forced me to take a step back and focus on something else for a while. Good news is that we are slowly getting it back on track again these days.

Thanks to everyone who are patiently waiting for some more "Communic-action". Forth album is within range...

Oddleif
Back to top Go down
_Wes
Metal novice
Metal novice
_Wes

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:21 am

Sweet - great to hear. I love this band.

Saw them live at ProgPower - wow, was that 2 years ago??? Anyway - I had no idea they were a 3 piece. I have all 3 of the albums and love them.

Can't wait for #4! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 am

Olafsto wrote:

Dead silence
Hi all, sorry for the silence, but a personal tragic incident forced me to take a step back and focus on something else for a while. Good news is that we are slowly getting it back on track again these days.

Thanks to everyone who are patiently waiting for some more "Communic-action". Forth album is within range...

Oddleif

Olafsto, are you a representative for the band? lol. I swear I bought the album, I did not download!! NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:52 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

Dead silence

Oddleif

Olafsto, are you a representative for the band? lol. I swear I bought the album, I did not download!! NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

lol!
No no, they are from my town and i know the guys and love what they do, but my pockets stay empty no matter how many CD`s they sell Smile

Wes, cool that you got to see them live in the US.
Actually that line up was only for that festival, the bass player you saw is not their actual bass player Erik, who had some trouble getting in to USA Wink
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:32 pm

their singer is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Attention Communic fans, finally some sign of life in the Communic camp NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 11840
Don`t know what to think about the change of sound, but i`m pretty sure it will be awesome.
Adding one more guitarist will be a good idea i think.
some progress...

Hi, yeah to quiet some might say, but we are still here.

Right now we are actually working hard on the coming album, we just played Masters of Rock festival, but now the full focus is on the new material. Also looking into what producer and studio to use these days.

New stuff will be a bit more down tuned as I have done some changes in the tuning and setup – without going into 7-strings guitars, maybe more heavy and doomy, but also some deep mellow and dymamic stuff. And thinking about dropping all of the keyboard sounds that we normally do on the album, since we never play those live anyway. Get it more real!

It will most likely end up as 12 songs, where 3 of them are “shorter” intros to each of the “3 chapters” on the album. I also have most of the titles ready but are holding on to those as they might change in the process.

Last, we are also testing out a 2nd guitar player that might join the band if the "social antennas" are on the same channel as the rest of us. Time will tell, but it is surely interesting :-)

Later
Oddleif
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:32 pm

I think this calls for a new thread in the main area Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

kmorg wrote:
I think this calls for a new thread in the main area Very Happy

Done NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW COMMUNIC!!!!   NEW COMMUNIC!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW COMMUNIC!!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3