Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE

Go down 
+10
Thrasher73
kmorg
Smindas
Rex
romeolimagolf
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
AchrisK
Temple of Blood
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Empty
PostSubject: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:11 pm

?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:25 pm

What sort of weapons are they weilding?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:01 pm

I've never heard Scariot or Communic, but I love Nevermore. Should I be looking into the other two?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:18 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I've never heard Scariot or Communic, but I love Nevermore. Should I be looking into the other two?
I haven't heard Scariot either, but Communic is a heavy prog-metal band, but they're not noodlers. The singer sounds a lot like Warrel Dane, so the Nevermore comparisons come up a lot.

http://www.myspace.com/communic

Listen to "Under A Luminous Sky." 🤘
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:23 pm

Thanks.

I've been playing Halo 3 lately.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:38 pm

COMMUNIC 🤘
I Would vote for them no matter who they are compared to though Smile ! They are on my top three list of alltime favourite bands!! They come from my hometown, and are great guys! They are now working on their third release( spring 2008). Seen them live lots of times, they are a great live band, only three members, but they sound incredible!!!
SCARIOT is a good band, but their latest wasn`t all that great imo. I like Strange to Numbers best, (featuring Oddleif now Communic on vox)
NEVERMORE is fantastic of course, but a bit overrated I think.
Maybe Oddleif sounds a bit like Warrel Dane, but apart from that I don`t think their music are that much like Nevermore
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:52 pm

Nevermore is one of my Top 5 Favorites, so they get the nod. I like Communic as well, although it took me some time to get into them, but I'm glad I did and now look forward to hearing new material. Scariot I've never heard of, but if they are anything like Nevermore or Communic, then sign me up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Holy crap! There's only three members in Communic? Wow! I never even noticed that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Like Nevermore, but have never heard of the other two. I may have to check them out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Scariot are a little hard to catagorize. The early albums were more like melodic death, complete with the extreme vocals. From Strang to Numbers on is a little more traditional. I would call it Progressive Thrash, not unlike Nevermore. The new album, Momentum Shift, reminds me of Mekong Delta at times, particularly the new Mekong Delta album, Lurking Fear.

Communic seems like a continuation of Scariot's Strange to Numbers sound. The fact that 2/3rds of Communic also played on Strange To Numbers has a lot to do with this.

If I had to rate them, I would say Communic, Nevermore, then Scariot.

There have been a lot of bands coming out lately that are heavily inspired by the "Nevermore sound". Also check out:

Shatter Messiah
Machinery
Fallen Sanctuary
Eden's Fall
Core Device
Hybrid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:19 pm

I don't think any of those bands sound like Nevermore except Core Device, and that's again only really because of the vocalist.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't think any of those bands sound like Nevermore except Core Device, and that's again only really because of the vocalist.

To be perfectly honest, neither do I, but I see all constantly compared to Nevermore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:00 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
To be perfectly honest, neither do I, but I see all constantly compared to Nevermore.
Right on. Good to see someone else mention Core Device here. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:22 am

Nevermore
Communic
Scariot

Nevermore is one of my all time favorite bands. Communic rules as well, but they lack something that Nevermore brings to the table for me.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:09 am

Nevermore, by quite a bit. Having said that, I don't know Scariot. I don't mind Communic, but I personally regardthem a bit as a second rate Nevermore. They're a fine band live, however. Damn impressive they pull off such music with only 3 members.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 am

All great bands!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:31 am

I just picked up Scariot's Starange To Numbers and I love it. Yea, there are some similarities to Nevermore (which is fine by me), but I hear some harsher vocals in the background on some songs. I think generally speaking though, if you are a fan of Nevermore's style, you'd dig Scariot. Stormspell has it for $9.99.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Right on. Good to see someone else mention Core Device here. 🤘

I Like Core Device alot better than Nevermore.I cant wait for a new album from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Communic is their own band with their own sound and I think it's easy to compare them to Nevermore 'cause people don't know what to say. I love Nevermore but with a bigger catalog Communic will surpass them for me. Scariot was good but inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:19 pm

I like Communic a tad more than Scariot and I love Scariot!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:51 pm

I love Nevermore and Communic.... never heard of Scariot.
I should probably check them out ...
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Nevermore is my favorite. Communic is also a great band. I have never heard of Scariot.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:48 am

Nevermore, first.
Communic, second. I can see how they get the Nevermore comparison. I've made the mistake before.

Scariot?!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:13 am

http://www.scariot.com/

The album "Strange to numbers" is the one most people are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE   SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCARIOT vs. COMMUNIC vs. NEVERMORE
Page 1 of 1