Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capitol Punishment

Go down 
+15
rattpoison
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
mc666
Smindas
thejokeriv
MoonChild
Mortuary
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Mglaffas81
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Capital Punishment .....
Should be Legal
Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Vote_lcap74%Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 17 ]
Should be Illegal
Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage

Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:06 pm

James B. wrote:
On a side note to this issue

most who favor capitol punishment are against abortion
most who favor abortion are against capitol punishment

go figure
I favor both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:11 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
idiotic "human rights" activists
Try living in a country without us, K. I'll buy ya a round trip ticket to Cambodia, then when you get home, we'll see if you still consider us "idiotic".

We moved to this country 500 years ago, committed genocide, enslaved a race of peoples, and are now currently being taxed out the ass to kill off a couple more countries, just so we could have the RIGHT to make better lives for ourselves. And I understand that your comment was directed at a specific issue, but don't blanket an entire sector of Americans that are dedicating their lives to improving yours.

And before anyone sees my comments here as an attack on Eyesore, me n Ken are friends and have respect for each others opinions. So this is not a negative shot at our favorite member. [hehehe - I said "favorite member"]
No worries, bro! Laughing I was most definitely not trying to make a blanket statement. And I have been all over the world, so I know what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:16 pm

My views on social issues are all over the place. I suppose I would be against capital punishment except in extreme cases such as mass murder or genocide, on abortion I am strongly pro-life although I can certainly welcome the discussions here with the way they don't descend into major hostilities and name calling. The fact that everyone accepts each others views is great. I am also against hunting and the cruel treatment of animals.

Then on euthanasia I would agree with it in theory because unlike abortion the sufferer gets to choose whether they live or not while the fetus does not get a choice. However for euthanasia to happen someone has to take anothers life and that is not something I can agree with so on that issue I can't really decide. I also support gay marriage.

I wouldn't think there are much people in the world that would agree with me on all this because like I said my views don't exist in the traditional 'conservative' or 'liberal' sense.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:53 pm

I agree with the second part of those views. I am definitely for euthanasia if the person suffering wishes to end it. And while I'm not necessarily for gay marriage, it won't bother me if it becomes legal.

And animal rights? I'm ALL OVER that one!! I'm against hunting for sport; if you eat what you kill, I'm ok with it though.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:51 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I like Sax and Eyesore's "work 'em to death" thing!

In my Yes, but...........my big concern is the recent trend of MANY cases being overturned due to moder science (DNA etc....) proving people to be innocent who were judged guilty. Many of these people were on death row. How many were executed who were innocent before the advent of better science? That's my big problem for now. If/when all guilt could be "Beyond a shadow of a doubt" then I say let the axe fall!!!!!

That's my one concern. Killing wrongfully accused people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I agree with the second part of those views. I am definitely for euthanasia if the person suffering wishes to end it. And while I'm not necessarily for gay marriage, it won't bother me if it becomes legal.
I'm actually against gay marriage. I couldn't care less if it became legal, of course, but marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman. That's just how it has been, and I think it should remain that way. Gay people can suck it up and take their civil unions, or whatever they want to call them. I do, however, think gay couples that do come together "as one," so to speak, should be afforded every benefit married couples have.

There are just too many people out there that believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman; you just cannot take that away from them. And I find that the gay people demanding it are showing cases of severe hypocrisy. They don't want to be changed, but they want the world to change for them. I say screw 'em (right in the ass)! Give them the benefits, but marriage stays between a man and a woman.

Quote :
And animal rights? I'm ALL OVER that one!! I'm against hunting for sport; if you eat what you kill, I'm ok with it though.
What about torturing fish for a bit, making them late for appointments and whatnot?
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:50 pm

I am an absolute supporter of abortion.....however, I'm unusual in that I think Roe v. Wade should be reopened and reviewed by the Supreme Court, not because I think abortion should be outlawed, but because it basically killed any attempt to create a democratic movement for liberalizing abortion laws, and therefore destroying any way to allow a pro-choice consensus to grow.

As for my own views on abortion, Objectivist philospher Leonard Peikoff best described my views thusly:

"Responsible parenthood involves decades devoted to the child's proper nurture. To sentence a woman to bear a child against her will is an unspeakable violation of her rights: her right to liberty (to the functions of her body), her right to the pursuit of happiness, and, sometimes, her right to life itself, even as a serf. Such a sentence represents the sacrifice of the actual to the potential, of a real human being to a piece of protoplasm, which has no life in the human sense of the term."
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:01 am

I am against abortion and cannot understand people who are for it (except when the woman's life is in danger or in the case of rape). However, I will not go any further so as to keep the peace here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong I believe they are and arguing is not going to accomplish anything, I'll leave it up to others who are more even tempered to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:35 am

You are all wrong about everything. I, and only I, hold the scepter (did I spell that correctly?) of TRUTH!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:48 am

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
I am an absolute supporter of abortion.....however, I'm unusual in that I think Roe v. Wade should be reopened and reviewed by the Supreme Court, not because I think abortion should be outlawed, but because it basically killed any attempt to create a democratic movement for liberalizing abortion laws, and therefore destroying any way to allow a pro-choice consensus to grow.

As for my own views on abortion, Objectivist philospher Leonard Peikoff best described my views thusly:

"Responsible parenthood involves decades devoted to the child's proper nurture. To sentence a woman to bear a child against her will is an unspeakable violation of her rights: her right to liberty (to the functions of her body), her right to the pursuit of happiness, and, sometimes, her right to life itself, even as a serf. Such a sentence represents the sacrifice of the actual to the potential, of a real human being to a piece of protoplasm, which has no life in the human sense of the term."
we read the same books i see... humble

do you read Ayn Rand as well?

Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:06 am

mc666 wrote:

we read the same books i see... humble

do you read Ayn Rand as well?

I finished Atlas Shrugged a couple of weeks ago. I'm a little over halfway through The Fountainhead. Very Happy

I'm not really an Objectivist, though. More of a Libertarian fanatic (is there really a difference?). Objectivist morality does seem to fit nicely with Libertarianism, though.

I'm also pretty fond of Terry Goodkind. humble
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:23 am

I'm not really an Objectivist, though. More of a Libertarian fanatic (is there really a difference?). Objectivist morality does seem to fit nicely with Libertarianism, though.
my setiments exactly Smile

ahh, another Rand influenced writer, albeit more fantasy themed. i enjoyed Temple Of The Winds & Faith Of The Fallen (the only two i own by him). what else would you recommend by him?

Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:40 am

mc666 wrote:

ahh, another Rand influenced writer, albeit more fantasy themed. i enjoyed Temple Of The Winds & Faith Of The Fallen (the only two i own by him). what else would you recommend by him?

You could always start at the begining with Wizard's First Rule, then go from there. Smile

If you're intrested in Objectivist influenced writers outside the fantasy genre, I'd also reccomend James Clavell. His Asian Saga is basically one giant statement of love for the free market.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:50 am

mc666 wrote:

You could always start at the begining with Wizard's First Rule, then go from there. Smile

If you're intrested in Objectivist influenced writers outside the fantasy genre, I'd also reccomend James Clavell. His Asian Saga is basically one giant statement of love for the free market.
thanks for the recommendations. i'm on the hunt now. off to Amazon.

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:06 am

It was only a matter of time before this thread went gay. Way to go, guys.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:16 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:22 am

rattpoison wrote:
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/of-unsound-mind-f2/reading-any-good-books-lately-t2904.htm?highlight=books

thinking
http://www.heartofmetal.net/of-unsound-mind-f2/now-reading-or-just-read-t2117.htm

angry
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 am

Your gay search engine didn't turn it up, plus it's not the one you started so zing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:28 am

Mine was first; thus cooler and more important.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:30 am

I'm more a guy in touch with modern times so what's new is greater than dusty old things.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
It was only a matter of time before this thread went gay. Way to go, guys.
our posts pertain to, our have spawn from the subject at hand, so it's not off topic. if you see gay, that's probably because you went looking for it, & see what you want.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 7:04 am

Quote :
"Responsible parenthood involves decades devoted
to the child's proper nurture. To sentence a woman to bear a child
against her will is an unspeakable violation of her rights: her
right to liberty (to the functions of her body), her right to the
pursuit of happiness, and, sometimes, her right to life itself, even as
a serf. Such a sentence represents the sacrifice of the actual to the
potential, of a real human being to a piece of protoplasm, which has no
life in the human sense of the term."

This always smacks of laziness, abject selfishness, and a "cop out" to me.

Quote :
To sentence a woman to bear a child
against her will is an unspeakable violation of her rights: her
right to liberty

Where in all this is "If you are responsible enough to have sex, the two of you need to take care of the life you created?" or "If you never want children, use protection"? Simplistic thoughts? Maybe, but beyond a very narrow category of actions such as rape, the woman (and the fella for that matter) were in control of the "functions of their body" when they made the child.

That paragraph suggests that having a child is some sort of awful life sentence. Untold millions of people have children unexpectedly or very young but end up having wonderful lives. Where's the accountability in that paragraph? Where's the effort? Remembering that it's all opinions here cool ......but basing abortion on that paragraph to me represents the depths of depravity and self absorbtion.

I'll faithfully read any response and respond to any calm questions/comments. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:14 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
You are all wrong about everything. I, and only I, hold the scepter (did I spell that correctly?) of TRUTH!

Well,there you have it.No need for this thread to go any further.The Great One has spoken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:37 am

I agree with thrash - and thusly hand over the responsibility of the scepter of TRUTH to him. Now I can go back to being blissfully ignorant. Ahhhhh...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:10 am

I only wish to serve humbly in Thrasher's Royal Court. humble
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next