Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capitol Punishment

Go down 
+15
rattpoison
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
mc666
Smindas
thejokeriv
MoonChild
Mortuary
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Mglaffas81
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Capital Punishment .....
Should be Legal
Capitol Punishment Vote_lcap74%Capitol Punishment Vote_rcap
 74% [ 17 ]
Should be Illegal
Capitol Punishment Vote_lcap26%Capitol Punishment Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:59 am

So, should Capital Punishment be allowed? - Discuss
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:24 pm

An eye for an eye.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Voted yes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Yes here too.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:53 pm

Yes, but..........................................................................................
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:54 pm

It's a decent Megadeth compilation. Oh, wait, you mean the REAL capitol punishment?? In that case...

Kill'em all, let God sort'em out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Should be Legal.
Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm with Scott. Yes, but.............
Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:06 pm

I'm against. It is the easy way out for the criminal. That is not even punishment if ya ask me. Make them do hard labor that benefits society in some way until they die of old age, crippled, and in massive pain with no medication. I follow God's law of "Thau shalt not kill". And I know I am in the minority on that, but I still respect (and totally UNDERSTAND) everyone's opinion - I even wish I could think that way most of the time, but I just can't.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Yes without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:53 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I'm against. It is the easy way out for the criminal. That is not even punishment if ya ask me. Make them do hard labor that benefits society in some way until they die of old age, crippled, and in massive pain with no medication. I follow God's law of "Thau shalt not kill". And I know I am in the minority on that, but I still respect (and totally UNDERSTAND) everyone's opinion - I even wish I could think that way most of the time, but I just can't.
I agree that hard labor could be an option. I see no benefits to leaving these people locked up in cells all day, living a relatively good life, all things considered. Put them all in a quarry and have them haul rocks all day, like they were building a pyramid. And if they happen to kill one another from time to time, so be it.

But that'll never happen. So I am for the death penalty. But only in cases that show guilt beyond a doubt. Basically cases of murder and such that show the person doing the deed on video, or if DNA testing proves their guilt. And this DNA testing would need to be verified by numerous sources, so there's no chance of a mistake.

I also think that when these killers are found guilty their execution should be quick. If you rape a 9-year-old girl and then bury her alive, you don't get to live on death row for 30 years. You'll should be lucky enough to live 30 days.

Just my opinion, of course; but I do like the idea of basically working these worthless pricks into the ground with hard labor.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:06 pm

I like the hybrid idea of Saxon / Eyesore. That sums up my feelings towards the worst of criminals.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:41 pm

i voted yes. i'm extremely liberal in everyway, with the exception of criminal justice. in that area i'm pretty conservative.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 6:52 pm

I like Sax and Eyesore's "work 'em to death" thing!

In my Yes, but...........my big concern is the recent trend of MANY cases being overturned due to moder science (DNA etc....) proving people to be innocent who were judged guilty. Many of these people were on death row. How many were executed who were innocent before the advent of better science? That's my big problem for now. If/when all guilt could be "Beyond a shadow of a doubt" then I say let the axe fall!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Voted yes. There is a 'but' with mine as well.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:14 pm

To avoid any heated agruments I will simply say that I approve of capital punishment and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:27 pm

No, we are not barbarians. We don't live in the stone age. Totally against it. Two wrongs don't make a right. Let the perpetrator's of these heinous crimes rot in jail.

The poll results are quite an eye opener for me, because the last time someone was executed in Australia was 30+ years ago. So attitudes like mine are more common place, and actually the majority were i live. I guess where something is the norm more people are willing to believe and accept it as right.
Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:56 pm

rattpoison wrote:
No, we are not barbarians. We don't live in the stone age. Totally against it. Two wrongs don't make a right. Let the perpetrator's of these heinous crimes rot in jail.

The poll results are quite an eye opener for me, because the last time someone was executed in Australia was 30+ years ago. So attitudes like mine are more common place, and actually the majority were i live. I guess where something is the norm more people are willing to believe and accept it as right.
That's the problem; there are too many criminals and not enough jails. I suppose we could ship all the criminals off to some remote island, like Australia. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

That's the problem; there are too many criminals and not enough jails. I suppose we could ship all the criminals off to some remote island, like Australia. Laughing
Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:11 pm

lol! Awesome!!!

I was thinking that as I read Rattpoison's post, but never thought of posting it!
Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:14 pm

That is the cool thing about the HOM - we can debate things without it becoming heated. We have a measure of respect here that is extinct on most other boards, especially metal boards!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:

A sense of deja vu came over me.

But do you agree with me that attitudes are more in tune with existing laws that have stood for years? As in the US public are more in favour of the death penalty because it's been a law for a long time as opposed to Australia which stopped the death penalty decades ago.
Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:48 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

A sense of deja vu came over me.

But do you agree with me that attitudes are more in tune with existing laws that have stood for years? As in the US public are more in favour of the death penalty because it's been a law for a long time as opposed to Australia which stopped the death penalty decades ago.
I think you'd be surprised at how many people are not in favor of the death penalty here. The thing is, it's a bigger issue than just killing someone. These people literally eat up resources, whether it's something as simple as space or more complex, like money. Tax payers pay for these people to live GOOD lives. Sure, they're in prison, but they will get used to it, and they will find a measure of happiness in it. That's not punishment. And it's only free living for them.

Do you honestly think if a man kidnaps and repeatedly rapes a little girl, a baby, and then buries her alive he should be able to go on living? No way! And I am only for the death penalty simply because these idiotic "human rights" activists make it impossible for anyone to truly punish these criminals for their crimes if they aren't put to death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capitol Punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capitol Punishment   Capitol Punishment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capitol Punishment
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next