Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you regularly watch TV?

Go down 
+12
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Stender
mc666
TheGooch
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you watch TV?
Yes
Do you regularly watch TV? Vote_lcap71%Do you regularly watch TV? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 20 ]
No
Do you regularly watch TV? Vote_lcap29%Do you regularly watch TV? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage

Do you regularly watch TV? Empty
PostSubject: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:58 am

If you do not, I would like to hear the reason why, please.

If you do, how long do you spend watching TV a day?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:11 am

I have "pet" shows.

The Office

My Name Is Earl

The Sarah Conner Chronicles (the new Sarah is as hot as the old!!)

The Law and Order Franchise with Momma. I can't watch it by myself, but with her it's cool.

Seinfeld in syndication

Everybody Loves Raymond w/ Momma

NFL Football and some select college

Strongman Competitions

Some Baseball

SO, during the Football season I watch more then others (and it's cold outside so we're indoors more)

My kids, hobbies, and general thoughts on T.V. have WAY curtailed my viewing.

I probably average 2 hours a day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:28 am

Yup, I do, but not nearly as much as I used to. Right now the only shows I watch faithfully every week are "The Simpsons" and "Lost." Occasionally I'll "sample" new shows as they come on (most recently was "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") but I rarely stick with them for more than an episode or two.

Beyond that, I watch the Yankees during baseball season (though I usually just have it on in the background as I do other stuff) and my wife and I watch a lot of Food Network.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:16 am

No,the only show I watch on a regular basis is Family Guy.Other than that I watch very little TV.Too much to do around the house to sit down most of the time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:40 am

Nah, not really. When I do, it's not much network tv, it's stuff like the Discovery or History Channel. I usually try to catch the Simpsons when I can, but there isn't much else that I watch on a regular basis. Also, with Tivo, I almost never watch anything at it's regular broadcast time anymore. I hate commercials.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 am

I voted yes but that's sort of misleading. I usually have a TV on but I seldom just sit and watch it. Most of the time I'm doing something else at the same time.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:47 am

i watch the simpsosns and thats it usually becuase tv is very very boring half the time

i woud much rather crank up the metal 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:38 pm

about 2 hours a day for me, after football season is over. i also have "pet" shows that i love to catch like It's Always Sunny..., Sarah Silverman, Law & Order, & Lil' Bush.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:42 pm

I dont have cable but sometimes I watch shows that come out on DVD. I like arrested developement a ton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Quote :
I watch the Yankees during baseball season

Yeah! Hear that toho?

I watch sports and not much more. I do like to catch dirty jobs once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:20 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
I watch the Yankees during baseball season

Yeah! Hear that toho?

I watch sports and not much more. I do like to catch dirty jobs once in awhile.

Lemmings!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:24 pm

Yep - Lost is my current favorite show. Can't wait for Battlestar Galactica to return!

I also watch alot of the history channel, discovery channel

Kids watch the Disney Channell

Have Starz/HBO for movies (about ready to drop HBO, it sucks now)

NFL Football!!!!! I'm tempted to buy the NFL Sunday Ticket next year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:22 pm

What a question! Yes!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 pm

Monday Night Raw (occasionally), Law & Order (all three), CSI: Miami, Without A Trace, the police video shows (not cops but ones that Spike and True TV show), Monk, Psyche, 4400, Burn Notice, and a few others. Old episodes and occasional views of Everybody Loves Ramon, Family Guy, Futurama, Empeor's New School, Farily Odd Parents, Spongebob, some Britcoms, Simpsons, King Of The Hill, etc. Some shows I see when my Dad's home like Judge Amy, Los Vegas, Dr. Who, Gunsmoke, and Sanford & Son. Like the last two mentioned I watch other classic and older stuff like Night Court, F-Troop, Bevery Hillbillies, Get Smart, Adams Family, The Munsters, Fresh Prince, and others. As you can see the only TV I watch are the occasional cartoon, dramas, and old shows. Most of the new stuff is utter crap and I don't waste my time on it. I also watch DVDs of Faulty Towers, Are You Being Served?, The Critic, Blackadder, Alf, Looney Tunes, and others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:45 pm

I watch a few mainstream shows—Survivor, Lost, and CSI. Basically Thursday night. Then I watch the hell out of the History channel and Discovery, usually between midnight and like 3 or 4am. I can't crank the tunes that late, so I just watch whatevers on those channels.

Then I've got Wednesday and Friday Night Fights, and the Ultimate Fighter show. Oh, and Ghost Hunters is my latest favorite.

Damn...guess I do watch a lot of TV. Haha.

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:45 pm

I don't watch nearly as much as I once did. Now, it;s a select few shows, and mostly History channel, History International, Discovery Channel and Scifi for "Ghost Hunters" and TruTv for Forensic Files.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:49 pm

I totally forgot History Channel and Discovery Channel. Not to mention Animal Planet, I love educational stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:07 pm

I put "No", but it's a dirty stinking lie. Actually I get home every night and turn on the tube. Sometimes PBS has something actually interesting, but usually I end up watching Scrubs or Southpark re-runs or something. I get what I deserve.
Like a lot of you, when I listen to music I really listen; so it doesn't always fall into the "relaxation" catagory. On my ride home I'm always listening to music and evaluating (or re-evaluating) where it belongs on my play list or in my library. So I usually want to take a lttle break from the tunes when I get home, and I end up turning on the stupid tube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:30 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I totally forgot History Channel and Discovery Channel. Not to mention Animal Planet, I love educational stuff like that.
Damn. I forgot Animal Planet. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:54 pm

Nope. I don't have cable or satellite, so other than DVD's it never gets turned on.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 am

I have some good stuff on DVD (like The Wild,Wild, West TV shows), but I never seem to get around to watching them.
I have most of Roberto Duran's career on DVD, and I've meant to go back through and score all those fights, but that seems almost like work to me.
I would be better off getting the DVD habit rather than just turning on the set and watching whatever garbage is on, but sadly that's what I tend to do.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:54 am

I only watch tv if its on, I won't sit down and actually watch TV for hours. The reasons why: a) I'm in school, and I need to do a bunch of homework, b) I work a lot. and c)I'm trying to lose some weight. If I do watch tv, it will most likely be a movie or the Discovery Channel. Also, I don't have cable or sattelite.

The only shows I watch are Seinfeld, Married With Children, Conan O'Brien, Cash Cab, Mythbusters, & Dirty Jobs.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:41 pm

I watch 2 shows pretty regularly on sci-fi. I watch stargate atlantis and doctor who! Other than that we dvd it most of the time...

Alex

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
I watch 2 shows pretty regularly on sci-fi. I watch stargate atlantis and doctor who! Other than that we dvd it most of the time...

Alex

I love the Stargate shows (I still need to see the series finally of SG1). I haven't seen Atlantis in over a year, I feel like waiting to catch up with it on DVD instead of trying to catch the episodes because with my memory and busy schedule I forget to tape them and I don't like missing episodes (I wish we had a DVR).
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:36 am

I watch TV about hour if that on the weekdays most of that is ESPN maybe 2 or 3 hours on weekend to watch a movie with my wife or kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you regularly watch TV?   Do you regularly watch TV? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next