Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So you never listened to Christian Metal?

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Vordul
Muloc7253
Tall Tyrion
shamgar75
Stender
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
sam
kethdredd
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

So you never listened to Christian Metal? Empty
PostSubject: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Here is a pretty good place to start.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRISTIAN-METAL-CD-LOT-OF-81-CDS-RARE-OUT-OF-PRINT_W0QQitemZ290211607307QQihZ019QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:23 pm

i love christian metal, there are some great christian bands out there
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:50 pm

I must be an idiot and I don't know what compelled me but I just bid on that!!! It just overwhelmed me with its majesty!!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:53 pm

You start with a $500+ dollar purchase?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:55 pm

I bid $450 and someone just outbid me!!!! I was high bidder for a few seconds. I wonder if it just took the system a few minutes to sort it all out.

That was a "shot in the dark". I'd have to really sit down and figure what that might be worth. Some I'd never heard of, some are sort of common but quite a few are really rare and worth something.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Christian metal dominates what I listen to for the most part. There are quite a few christian bands out there that totally slay some of the secular acts out there. I'm not against secular music but its cool when you can find quality music that supports what you believe in.

Another good source is on the listmania option on Amazon. Just search for "Extreme christian metal" by a guy named Darkgoth, its like 3 parts long list that covers everything from AOR to terror metal.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Crazy stuff - 81 CD's. That's awesome.

Some really great stuff in there.

Nice to know I have about a third of them.

Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Scott almost ruined his, only gonna buy 30 cd's, vow right there.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:17 pm

Quote :
Scott almost ruined his, only gonna buy 30 cd's, vow right there

I was waiting for that!!!!

My interest was purely business. I don't know why Kethredd is doing it that way, (his business - that's cool) but I'd sell them piece by piece. IF!!! My $450 held up (and I was quite sure it wouldn't - but I thought "what the hey") then I was gonna re-sell and raise money for other endeavors - including the final 27 cds I'm buying this year. So you never listened to Christian Metal? 505193

Keep on me boy!! I need that, which is why I made my plans known.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:46 pm

I just bid $500.00 and got outbid. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:53 pm

And now I lead it with $520.00 Cool
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 am

It's quite tempting. The more I look at that list, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see this push $1000. Some of the more common titles are mucking it up, though. They could easily be traded or sold though, too.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:28 am

Some good albums there. I own, like, one of them, hehe.

Against the Law all the way! So you never listened to Christian Metal? 505193
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:21 am

Its not my auction, I just saw it and thought it was pretty interesting, its not very often that one of these "lots" has that much rare stuff in it. I agree with you Scott, its almost inevitably worth more if you part it out.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:25 am

Oh....I didn't even notice, I had so much Metal in my eye! I assumed it was yours.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:38 am

i have nothing against it
i'm actually against DEICIDE

i love

detritus
aletheian

etc etc
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:57 am

That's quite an impressive collection. If I had an extra grand to throw around, I'd bid. Except for a few Tourniquet and Deliverence cd's, my Christian metal selections are lacking.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Tall T!! That's a chunk of change!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Scott-I'm just messin'. I really don't know how you can do that, that's like less then 3 cd's a month.

Sell offs like this, always make me wonder, why?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Man, I don't have that oddities Bride album! Wonder if it's worth the 550$ it's up to now?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Man, I don't have that oddities Bride album! Wonder if it's worth the 550$ it's up to now?

No, it's war FAR more! Shocked

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Quote :
Scott-I'm just messin'. I really don't know how you can do that, that's like less then 3 cd's a month.

I know you were! (I'm not sure you're capable of anything other than mirth and levity)

A yep, 2.5 cds a month. I was originally going to do 2 per month but that would have added to the awkward looking 24.

I've got my list and I'm checking it constantly. I mean to do this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Are you becoming a monk?

Quote :

Quote:

I know you were! (I'm not sure you're capable of anything other than mirth and levity)

That's not true. I'm serious about....uh.....hmmmm..... Shocked

it's not my fault. I work with troubled teenagers. very happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 pm

Dang!! There is some great stuff in there. I imagine even if it went for $1000 you could still re-sell it for me. This is one auction I am going to watch. Maybe I will do all my christian death metal cds in one auction....

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:42 pm

Quote :
Are you becoming a monk?

It seems likely that I am....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So you never listened to Christian Metal?   So you never listened to Christian Metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So you never listened to Christian Metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next