Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nice Find! (Deep Purple)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Empty
PostSubject: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:17 pm

While looking for CDs, i found a set containing Deep Purple's first 3 albums... remastered with a whole bunch of bonus tracks, for $15!

I haven't listened to them yet, I'm familiar with The Book Of Taliesyn tho, having it on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Very different than what Deep Purple became known for. I like them, but certainly not above the Gillan stuff.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Very different than what Deep Purple became known for. I like them, but certainly not above the Gillan stuff.

Its easier i find if you consider them seperate bands. I just ordered more Gillan stuff off Amazon, I've of course had Machine Head, and their latest... I have House of Blue Light and The Battle Rages On Too, but I don't listen to them much.

I got In Rock and Fireball coming now, and Perfect Strangers coming on lala.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:44 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
While looking for CDs, i found a set containing Deep Purple's first 3 albums... remastered with a whole bunch of bonus tracks, for $15!

I haven't listened to them yet, I'm familiar with The Book Of Taliesyn tho, having it on vinyl.

That's cool. Need to check it out. I just finished getting all of the studio albums excluding the first three. I would consider Deep Purple one of my all time favorite bands, and that includes all the versions of the band. The Gillan era is my favorite. I really like House of Blue Light and The Battle Rages On, and of coarse Perfect Strangers. Yeah I actually like them all except Stormbringer and Slaves and Masters and even these two are good, just not on the same level as the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 pm

$15? That's too much! lol!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:56 pm

I think the Rod Evans era was kinda lame. But if you dig him do youself a favor and check out Captain Beyond s/t.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:21 pm

Good score, man! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice Find! (Deep Purple)   Nice Find! (Deep Purple) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice Find! (Deep Purple)
Page 1 of 1