Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Novembers Doom

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Novembers Doom Empty
PostSubject: Novembers Doom   Novembers Doom Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Any fans of this doom/death band? I just listened to my first album from these guys (The Pale Haunt Departure) and I like what I've heard. Reminds me of a cross between the heavier parts of Opeth and Anathema (Silent Enigma era). I understand that this is the first album to be more straight forward death, how does their old stuff compare (better, worse, or just different)?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Novembers Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novembers Doom   Novembers Doom Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 pm

i really enjoyed there newest cd other then that im not a big fan as the production isnt up to par with there latest. Rain is one sick song...
Back to top Go down

Novembers Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novembers Doom   Novembers Doom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:14 am

The old stuff is fairly generic death/doom, the new one was a big step in the right direction. I hear some Edge of Sanity influences in the new stuff which is a-ok in my books.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Novembers Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novembers Doom   Novembers Doom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:43 pm

I have the whole catalogue. I think ArmouredAngel is correct with his assestment of their style.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26445

Novembers Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novembers Doom   Novembers Doom Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:52 am

I have most of the ND stuff. I've enjoyed it for what it is but the last two records have really impressed me the most.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Novembers Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novembers Doom   Novembers Doom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Got their albums this last weekend and this is a killer band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

Novembers Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novembers Doom   Novembers Doom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novembers Doom
Page 1 of 1