Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Rob Rock Album

Go down 
+9
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
James B.
kethdredd
kmorg
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
13 posters

Best Rob Rock Album
Rage Of Creation
Best Rob Rock Album Vote_lcap19%Best Rob Rock Album Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Eyes Of Eternity
Best Rob Rock Album Vote_lcap13%Best Rob Rock Album Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Holy Hell
Best Rob Rock Album Vote_lcap50%Best Rob Rock Album Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
Garden Of Chaos
Best Rob Rock Album Vote_lcap18%Best Rob Rock Album Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Best Rob Rock Album Empty
PostSubject: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Which Rob Rock album do you think is the best so far?

I'm going to have to go with Garden Of Chaos. Everyone of his solo albums are off the charts but this one has me comming back for the most. Up til now Eyes Of Eternity was my fav. but this one is just that much better IMO. The ballads are better in this than the others and I like the boldness of the lyrics (which, IMO, is more noticalbe than in the other releases even though it was there). Looking forward to see if he makes five great albums in a row (which at the rate he's been releasing them should be some time next year).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Dear Scott,

I want you to walk up to one of your children and, while the other is listening, tell her she's your favorite.

Cheers!

DB
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:18 pm

DAMN IT!!!!! I forgot to put up an option for that sorry. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:30 pm

In all seriousness, though, Rob Rock has the highest rate of Songs Sang On/Songs I Like of any vocalist I can think of.

If Jorn Lande was doing more Masterplan/Avantasia stuff he might rank higher because I think he's a slightly better vocalist (I consider him the best Metal vocalist ever) but he's involved in too much that I don't care for stylistically.

Up through Scarecrow Messiah Dale Thompson might have once held the crown of Songs Sang On/Songs I Like but that was ruined years ago.

Up through Learn Jimmy P. Brown II might have held the distinction, but that's long gone.

Bruce Dickenson MIGHT give RR a run on my Song ratio but he's on SIT and 7th Son, which although is beloved by many, falls flat for me.

SO, of all vocalists/bands EVER I find it hardest to seperate Rob Rock and say which is his is my favorite.

Axel Rudi Pell

Impellitteri

Rob Rock

Avantasia

Warrior

Those are the ones I've heard him on. MAYBE 2-3 songs out of over 100 I don't care for. That's amazing!!!! No one else has the rate of success for me.

RR is in the Top-5 in my book for pure talent but #1 in success rate. Dude knows what he's doing.

That's a painfully long way of saying "I can't choose!!"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Quote :
If Jorn Lande was doing more Masterplan/Avantasia stuff he might rank higher because I think he's a slightly better vocalist (I consider him the best Metal vocalist ever)

silent

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Say what you mean, man!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:41 pm

DC Cooper

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:46 pm

He's in my Top-5....and he does do more consistantly awesome stuff as I judge awesome.....

Lande and DC Cooper I find to be very similar in ability and sound.

If I had more contact with DC Cooper he might be in this Songs/Songs race...

(Steel Seal - I've never heard any and keep forgetting to do so)

I also gained a respect for him as a person. I learned recently that he's a Volunteer Fireman. Those guys can be real "bubbas" as we call them but the good, serious departments are invaluable to the USA. I don't think people realize the role Volunteer Fire and EMS plays in our nation's safety.....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DC Cooper

Man, if you love DC Cooper's vocals, you need to check out Amaran's Plight-Voice In The Light. It is a prog metal side project involving the guitarist/keyboardist of Shadow Galley and features DC on vocals. Very good album IMO.

Scott, you are right about the greatness of Jorn Lande. Over a year ago I never even heard of Jorn but now he is one of my favorite vocalists (tied with Russel Allen) and seems to pop up everywhere these days. Just another name to add to the long list of vocalists I'm jealous of.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Holy Hell is my favorite, but they are all great!

Jorn Lande IS the best metal singer, evah!

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:22 pm

I voted for Garden of Chaos. The guy is just so amazingly consistent from release to release.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:46 pm

I only own Holy Hell and Rage of Creation, so I couldn't vote and feel great about it. Too bad The M.A.R.S- Project :Driver band wasn't ever a touring thing. That would of been sweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:41 pm

I went with Rage Of Creation because Jake plays on it but all of it is great. Warrior is my favorite that he's sang on though.

DC is the best melodice metal singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:03 am

Each album has improved on the previous one so I'm going with Garden of Chaos. I've got M.A.R.S - Project Driver on the way to me, cant wait as I'm told it's a great album.

Can someone recommend some of his Impelliteri albums to me, I only have Screaming Symphony and although I rate it highly I've never got around to picking more of them up.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:44 am

In all seriousnes...All the Rob Rock/ Impellitteri albums would be just fine.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:57 am

Holy Hell gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:25 pm

All of them are stellar, but Holy Hell gets my vote, mainly for Bobby Jarzombek's amazing drumming on that album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:37 pm

Went with Holy Hell.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:13 am

Best Rob Rock Album Warrior2
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:37 am

I have Rage Of Creation andEyes Of Eternity. So I can only choose between these two and voted for Eyes Of Eternity. But this poll gives me a hint that I should buy Holy Hell next. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Holy Hell is so worthy, Ghost. Just get them in order. And if you don't have Warrior - Code Of Life - that's incredible as well.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:34 pm

I dont know Garden Of Chaos well enough to say it is his best but I do think it is better than Holy Hell.

I'll go with Rage Of Creation.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:44 pm

I voted for Rage Of Creation.. I have not heard the new yet!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Rob Rock Album   Best Rob Rock Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Rob Rock Album
Page 1 of 1