Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Run ins with the police

Go down 
+13
Stender
DallasBlack
Chairman_Smith
MetalRob331
Hamer12
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Run ins with the police Empty
PostSubject: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:37 am

Sort of an extension of a thought that mc666 started in another thread. I didn't want to take that thread into another direction, so...

I don't hate the police. I have several friends and acquaintances who are officers. I actually have a lot of respect for them.

However, I have had my share of ridiculous run-ins with police officers tht I think are on a "power trip". For example:

Rob (Brontotex) and I were pulled over on the way to practice one day and given a hard time by a police officer. I was drinking a Diet Pepsi, so the cop had to ask "what are you drinking?" He pulled us over just to check us out and give us a hard time and for no other reason. He actually asked us, "what are you guys on?" He ended up giving Rob a warning for "failure to maintain lane". Ridiculous since we had JUST made a right turn and he pulled us over immediately after the turn.

I was pulled over a few months ago after picking up my daughter on her way home from school. I would have had no problem with the officer had he just said, "I saw you picking up a young girl on the side of the road and was just making sure everything was ok". I would have then explained she was my daughter, etc. Instead he didn't tell me why he pulled me over, gave me the "big bad cop" attitude and just asked for my information. After checking me out, he came back to the car and gave me
"a verbal warning". That was it. I had to ask, "a warning for what?" He gave me some BS story about how I "stopped in the middle of the street and could have cause and accident." Whatever! I had pulled OFF THE ROAD to pick her up and there was NO TRAFFIC behind me.

The one traffic ticket I have received in the last 10 years was from a cop who cut me off in traffic and then proceeded to pull me over for "tailgating." I went to court on that one. In the end I lost. The judge said, "It's your word against his. I know him, I don't know you, so I'm going to have to take his word for it." He suspended my fine, but sent me to traffic school, which cost me more than the freakin' ticket.

Anyone else have experiences like this? Now is the time to gripe! angry

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:44 am

I've deserved it every time I've been pulled over over the years. No tickets since '96, and they've all been polite.

My Mom cries when she gets pulled over!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:46 am

i nearly got sent to court for accidentally standing on a tin can in a street and a copper accused me of littering and that i would get a criminal record. it was stupid as it was dark and i could not see this tin can that i stood on
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:47 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I've deserved it every time I've been pulled over over the years. No tickets since '96, and they've all been polite.

My Mom cries when she gets pulled over!!

tell your mum to live in england we dont have traffic cops anymore due to budget cuts

just robbing speed cameras
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:51 am

Don't get me started. I had a friend of mine raped and murdered by the pigs when I was a teen. If I don't think about the cops, I don't let them get me down. I have just learned to try to not give them ANYTHING to mess with me with. And, in reality, I would think half of cops are decent and in the profession for the right reasons. But the other half need to find new careers or be annihilated.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:57 am

However, in Mali, W. Africa the Gendarmes would pull you over and make you open your suitcases and just in general question you for no good reason. They wanted bribes, though, and I'm a frugal man so I'd play dumb until they got sick of the apparently mild -to- moderately retarded "Tubabu" (white man) and let me go on my way.

My wife, then girlfriend, however almost got thrown into the pokey! We were at a bus stop and she had to pee. The "squat over a hole in the ground with cockroaches and mice" toilet was freaking her squeamish little noodle out so she goes and squats behind a car and pees!!! I'm highly annoyed at this. To make matters worse in this Muslim country a woman sees her doing this!! She goes and "tells on" her to the Gendarmes. Holy crap!!!!!! They start berating her and questioning her. She gets indignant. Complicating things FURTHER is that my wife is both Black and dressed in local garb so they are annoyed at HER because they can't understand why SHE can't understand them. They think she's faking! They don't grasp the idea of a non-African Black person. I'm highly annoyed, the missionary we're with is P.O.ed in the EXTREME. Finally, finally, finally after letting her sweat for some time the missionary with his fluent French and passable Bambara comes and talks to the Gendarmes. I guess Karen got off with a warning! The rest of the ride home in the crowded SUV we were in was not pleasant.

SO, those Malian Gendarmes were bribe mongerers but on that day Karen deserved to sweat it a little - even though the end result was how I would have had it!

Perhaps next time she'll listen to her man and just suck it up and pee on the cockroaches!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:05 am

I've been pretty fortunate in that I've only gotten one speeding ticket in my life (it helps that I tend to "drive slow enough to drive Miss Daisy" as Will Smith put it in "Bad Boys") so other than that, my run-ins with law enforcement have been few and far between.

The last "run in" I had (if you could even call it that) was after I'd just seen Iron Maiden at Madison Square Garden in 2000 ... my brother and I had left the arena and were walking back to the Port Authority Bus Terminal to catch our bus back to Jersey. I was thirsty and stopped in a convenience store/deli where I bought a single can of beer. I cracked it open as we walked, and my brother sez to me "Dude, you're gonna get busted." I'm like "What are you talkin' about? I used to do this all the time." Of course, I then only got to take about two sips before a cop standing on a corner stopped me, pointed at the beer and said, "Uh-uh!" then pointed at the curb. So I had to pour out the beer (sob!) into the gutter. Obviously at some point the "open container" laws in NYC had been strengthened (or they were just being enforced better) since the last time I'd been there, because back in the day we used to drink vodka straight out of the bottle while walking down NYC streets in broad daylight with no law enforcement interference whatsoever!!! Freakin' Giuliani!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:06 am

Ultimatum were driving back from a show in California. We were driving through a rural part of Arizona. We had two vans. Steve was driving the one van and I was following behind in the second. I had the car at 75 mph on cruise control, which was the speed limit on the freeway. A cop pulls my van over and says (in the best hick accent you can think of), "Boyyy, You was haulin' ass!" I calmly said, "no sir, I was going the speed limit and had the car on cruise control". I even told him I was following the other van, which had pulled over up the road a bit to wait for us. He then informed me, "I clocked you going 95." At this point I got pissed and said, "Really? I want to see you radar that clocked me at 95." His reply, "I didn't clock you with my radar, I clocked you on my watch."

In my head I'm thinking, "BWAHAHAHA! Yeah Right!"

However, I remained calm and spoke politely to him. He took my information and returned back to the van and gave me "a written warning." Pffffft!

I must just LOOK like a criminal, because this seems to happen to me quite often.

The phrase "Boyyyy, You was haulin' ass!" has been a band joke ever since.

Another time, Rob and I pulled out to the church parking lot after band practice. It was dark out, but the parking lot was all lit up. As we pulled out, Rob realized he didn't have his lights on and put them on. We get around the corner and a cop pulls us over and starts questioning us about "where we had been and what we had been doing". He took Rob's information. However, within a few moments a call must have come in that was more important than us because the officer rushed back to the car, gave Rob back his info and proceeded to speed off with his lights on.

I later asked an officer at the gym about that one. He said that forgetting to turn your lights on is a warning sign that officers look for to spot drunk drivers.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:13 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Don't get me started. I had a friend of mine raped and murdered by the pigs when I was a teen. If I don't think about the cops, I don't let them get me down. I have just learned to try to not give them ANYTHING to mess with me with. And, in reality, I would think half of cops are decent and in the profession for the right reasons. But the other half need to find new careers or be annihilated.

I had a friend rapped by an officer in the early 1990's. She worked at a IHOP restaurant as a waitress and lived by herself in a nearby apartment complex. The officer was at the restaurant and offered to drive her home, since she worked till closing and it wasn't safe for a young girl to be walking home by herself at night. He did take her home, but he rapped here in her apartment. Unfortunately we could not convince her to go to the hospital or to press charges. She just wanted to forget about it, which I am sure she never did. Sad.

However, I do think that is not the norm. Most officers are not out to break the law, but to uphold it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:31 am

Scott, perhaps you could refrain (NOT ALL THE TIME, JUST SOME OF TIME) from wearing the bullet belt all the time. You know? Just a thought! lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 am

You Long-Haired Hippies are always up to no good.Thats why you have so much trouble lol!

Seriously though,that seemed to be the case when my hair was long.I had several run ins with them.Some of it was provoked by me I'm sure.We had one close to where I live that everyone called Rambo.He was a ticket happy guy.I would always mess with him and rev the engine when I saw him sitting somewhere.He finally caught up with me one night and gave me a ticket for going 45 in a 35. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:12 am

I'm a white guy in a big city. Short of drving my car on the sidewalk while firing a machine gun out the window, cops don't give me a 2nd look.

I've got some buddies in the force and my late father-in-law was a Philly cop for many years.

I'm fortunate to say that the brief encounters I had with "The Man" have been pleasurable and without incident. Of course, by typing this, I'll probably be pulled over and rectally assaulted by the business end of a nightstick on the way home from work tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm fortunate to say that the brief encounters I had with "The Man" have been pleasurable

Run ins with the police Cops

Mmm hmmm. I bet they have been. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:24 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm fortunate to say that the brief encounters I had with "The Man" have been pleasurable

Run ins with the police Cops

Mmm hmmm. I bet they have been. Smile

Dammit!! He told me those photos would be for private use only. That's the last time I get my pics developed at Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Another example of Wal-Mart screwing the American public. Blacklist WAL-MART!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:46 pm

I used to have long hair, the leather jacket, boots with spikes, you know, and one of my buddies and mine favorite things to do was go into department stores and wander around. We'd have all the undercovers and rent a cops within 50 feet of us the whole time. I used to put something in my pocket and then, right before we left take it at at the counter and say I had changed my mind. You could actually hear the security groan at times.

My only ticket (don't know how, I used to think I was Andretti) came last summer after I passed a guy going 30 in a 45. The officer clocked me at 60 right as I was pulling back in and slowing down. He would not explain to me why he was giving a ticket and said he didn't see me passing. Said I was being a hazard. We were in the middle of nowhere and hadn't seen a car for 5 miles except the one I passed. Must be some deer he was thinking of. I think he was bored.
The problem is, police have power, and some can't handle it.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm fortunate to say that the brief encounters I had with "The Man" have been pleasurable......
REEEEAAAAALLLLLY?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:49 pm

T-roy is interested 'cause his run ins have left him poopin blood the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:50 pm

butt dance
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Just tell him you want to pitch, not catch, T-Roy. That's Metalguy's secret.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Just tell him you want to pitch, not catch, T-Roy. That's Metalguy's secret.

Then it's not gay, right?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:09 pm

You can tell yourself that if you want to. lol!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:39 pm

NO, but you might have to explain the skid marks on the front of your underwear. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 pm

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
You can tell yourself that if you want to. lol!

That's how it was explained to us in Boy Scouts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Run ins with the police   Run ins with the police Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Run ins with the police
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: