Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LARRY NORMAN R.I.P.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

LARRY NORMAN  R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: LARRY NORMAN R.I.P.   LARRY NORMAN  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:31 am

> Christian Music Pioneer Larry Norman Dead>>>

ASSIST News Service reports that Larry Norman died in Salem, Oregon early> Sunday morning February 25 after a long battle with heart problems. With> his long blond flowing hair, Norman was a true pioneer of Christian rock> music with hits like "Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music" and"I Wish We'd All Been Ready."
For years, he was a permanent fixture on> Hollywood Boulevard, where, despite being a star with Capital Records, he would spend his days and nights sharing one-on-on with the lost youth of Hollywood about the love of Jesus Christ. Sometimes called, "the original Jesus Freak," Norman is also credited with inventing the "One Way To Jesus" finger-pointing sign. In recent years, Norman was battled serious health problems and he finally passed away on Sunday morning. His death was revealed by his brother Charles Norman on Larry's website, www.larrynorman.com.

He will truly be missed... but now joyfully singing in the presence of God Almighty.

I never really listened to much of the mans work but his influence knew no bounds as heard him referencede as an influential figure by FRANK BLACK of PIXIES and EVAN DANDO of LEMONHEADS and others over the years....

rest well....brother!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: LARRY NORMAN R.I.P.   LARRY NORMAN  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:17 pm

I read that yesterday. Sad news, but apparently he had been struggling with a heart condition for years. I'm sure he is in a much better place.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: LARRY NORMAN R.I.P.   LARRY NORMAN  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:46 pm

Rest in Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LARRY NORMAN R.I.P.   LARRY NORMAN  R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LARRY NORMAN R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1