Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Angels

Go down 
+8
sam
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
ramreb
krokus
Shiney
rattpoison
tohostudios
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Angels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Quote :
It's like how i find it hard to comprehend that one of my all time favs Hanoi Rocks are so big in Finland.

Uh oh. Into the glam/sleaze out of Scandanavia too, eh?

Hardcore Superstar, Backyard Babies, Crashdiet...know these guys?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:55 pm

I know em.

Saw HS live recently in Melbourne, i'm not a big fan but live music is live music.

Backyard Babies Total 13 is classic, i don't like their newer stuff.

Crashdiet are probably the best of the new glam metal wave out of Sweden, but i'm not really a fan of that kind of music.

I'm into sleaze and glam but not in that 80's glam metal way. You know Gunfire Dance, Sea Hags, Circus Of Power, Rock City Angels, Mother Love Bone, Nymphs stuff like that. Just ask that other resident sleaze hound Shiney, he'll tell you.

I like stuff more from the Hanoi Rocks school than say the Motley Crue school.

Last edited by rattpoison on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:04 am

Grew up on these guys in the 80's. As rattpoison will vouch these guys are legends in Oz. My first concert was The Angels on the 2 Minute Warning tour and saw them play at a fest with Rose Tattoo not long after. Great band, great songs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:47 am

Cool, another Angels fan. Man, Australia sure has produced some of my favorite bands over the years.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Just noticed this thread.....I have only one cd by them 'Beyond Salvation" but it's killer...

Love the band and the style....

Not to hijack but have you guys head the bad NEW LEGEND?

1 s/t cd and kaput...but they sound alot like THE ANGELS at times....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:52 pm

I have New Legend but haven't listened to it in ages. Maybe I need to dig it back out.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 pm

There is definitely a similar....dirty riffy not quite AC/DC vibe that both bands share....

I love that NEW LEGEND cd...then 99% of those 1 flop and gone bands make up my collection....sadly Fantastic bands died unknown all the time...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Great you guys are talking about this band. Have nothing by them and only knew them by name(i knew about the different name in the States too). I am going to watch those you tube videos. THANKSSSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Shiney wrote:
Just noticed this thread.....I have only one cd by them 'Beyond Salvation" but it's killer...

Love the band and the style....

Yeah that's a cool later years disc from 1989 i think...

But ya gotta get their early classics like Face To Face (1978), No Exit (1979) and Dark Room (1980) every bit as essential as those period AC/DC albums.

AC/DC, The Angels and Rose Tattoo are the unholy trinity of Australian Hard Rock.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm not familiar with Rose Tattoo at all other than the name.

Where should I start investigating their catalog?

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:23 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm not familiar with Rose Tattoo at all other than the name.

Where should I start investigating their catalog?

Most prefer the first album but I recommend starting with 'Assault & Battery' first followed by 'Scarred For Life'. After this they started sounding a bit more polished which took a lot of the roughness and charm out of them.

Can't recommend these two albums enough, just play them at maximum volume to get the full effect.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:22 am

There is cd out called "Angry Metal" by ROSE TATTOO that is a good start..it's essentially a best of sort of comp with 20 tracks..

You'll love them...

Also get yer arseover to cdbaby and buy CHINATOWN's s/t cd....don't ask questions just do it!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks for costing me $15 Shiney!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 am

Are you speaking of CHINATOWN? Killer band....

and if so ,now only you, me and RATTPOSION know about them....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:10 am

Yep. I listened to 3 of the samples and ordered it. Plus, one reviewer compared them to the Quireboys while others compared them to Backyard Babies. That was all the convincing it took.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Must say Chinatown blew me away!

The song 'Move Out' made me feel like i was shuffling with Mr. Brownstone while drinking at the Faces bar. That's my best description.

I think the Backyard Babies comparison is lazy (they might as well of chucked in Buckcherry which is a lazy reviewers fav comparitive for any new sleaze bands).

But the Quireboys comparison is accurate if only because these guys draw upon the Faces big time like them loveable english party rock lads.
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 am

The Angels are great ............from what I remember!,.....kidding. Into them from the early days, seen them twice in CH-CH, NZ,in the 80's, 2nd time Doc was in a leg cast and they rolled a barber chair onto the stage where he stayed for the concert which was quite cool!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 am

Listening to Rose Tattoo for the first time. First impression is a cross between The Angels and The Quireboys.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:13 am

I'm only familiar with them because of other bands covering their songs. I've have the LA Guns cover and didn't Great White do a few of their songs at some point? Face the Day is one I'm thinking of. Is that correct? There might be some more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Tohost is The Angels pimp.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Listening to Rose Tattoo for the first time. First impression is a cross between The Angels and The Quireboys.

Theirs that Faces influence going again with the Quireboys comparison, i'm sure Spike and the boys were pretty enamoured with Rose Tattoo.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:48 pm

What do you guys think of Skin & Bone? thanks!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:50 pm

That's one of my least favorite Angels discs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:52 pm

when did these guys break up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:54 pm

I think Skin and Bone was the last studio release and it's copyrighted 1998

PostSubject: Re: The Angels   The Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Angels
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next