Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desolation Angels

Go down 
+5
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
chucksteak
Wargod
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:03 pm

Anyone familiar with this band? I got their Feels Like Thunder box set today, and it is frickin' killer! This is the band I mentioned a bit ago, the band I remembered seeing advertised in one of the old metal mags but couldn't remember their name. This is similar to the image I remember:

Desolation Angels Desolation_angels

The one in the advert, though, was full color. Anyway, like I mentioned, it took a year before someone figured out the band. Denis from Sentinel Steel figured it out, in about two seconds after hearing a description of the image. Since then I've wanted to hear them, but have only found a few live clips online. This new box set collects four CDs' worth of material.

Disc one consists of all their studio material--which was basically never released outside of a bootleg. Disc two is all their demos and rehearsal stuff. Discs three and four consist of all live material.

It comes in an nice, stout styled box set, glossy cover. There's a thick booklet with some band history and whatnot, plus each CD (two discs per jewelcase) has its own booklet.

Anyway, a really killer band, from what I can tell after a few spins. The End Records is selling this set for $29.99 right now, and it's well worth the price. For those who don't know the band, check this out:

http://www.myspace.com/desolationangeluk

Awesome.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Wow this is some fantastic stuff! I'm there ordering it!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Never have heard them but that ad and the one with them standing in a pile of hundreds of beer cans were in every issue of RIP magazine for like a year or something. They were always on the back cover if I remember right.

Gonna go check out that link now.
Back to top Go down

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:21 pm

chucksteak wrote:
Never have heard them but that ad and the one with them standing in a pile of hundreds of beer cans were in every issue of RIP magazine for like a year or something. They were always on the back cover if I remember right.

Yup. And that album was never released. A while back, on eBay, I actually won a framed print of that ad with cyborg with wings. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Eyesore, are you and Rattpoison conspiring to bankrupt me?????

I've already bought 5 CDs tonight because of RP's recommendations and this one sounds great too.

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I've already bought 5 CDs tonight because of RP's recommendations and this one sounds great too.
lol!

It's killer! It's the only think I've been listening to since I got in at 12:30pm, and I brought six other CDs and my MP3 player. It's that good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Never heard them, but I do recognize that pic that Eyesore posted. I'm sure I saw it in an old issue of RIP or Circus. Sounds pretty cool too. Too bad I just spent a bundle with Sentinal Steel. This will have to wait.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I'm keeping your sh*tty economy afloat! Laughing

Obama should kiss my ass or something.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
chucksteak wrote:

Yup. And that album was never released. A while back, on eBay, I actually won a framed print of that ad with cyborg with wings. Haha.

WOW that is really strange that is was never released. I wonder why? Maybe they spent all their cash on those cover ads im magazines for a year. just kidding scratch
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:18 pm

I'm just out of money (paid property taxes). That's OK because my want list is short and this will give me something to hunt for. It sounds along the lines of the immoral Tyson Dog, who were maybe my favorote of the late NWOBHM bands.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:26 am

I can't seem to find MP3s of their 1986 studio album that doesn't have a full song without a skip (bad vinyl).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 4:14 am

Required Fields wrote:
I can't seem to find MP3s of their 1986 studio album that doesn't have a full song without a skip (bad vinyl).
You might find it amazing that this 4CD box set I'm talking about actually has that album. You could actually buy it instead of stealing it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 am

Remember seeing or hearing the name for ages now, but never heard their stuff. Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 pm

I went to The End they were out so I went over to Amazon and they had 1 copy left from The Omega which is The End Records weird! Same price on Amazon!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
You might find it amazing that this 4CD box set I'm talking about actually has that album. You could actually buy it instead of stealing it.

I'll buy it sooner or later. This is authentic, and not bootlegged, correct?
Back to top Go down

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 am

Required Fields wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I'll buy it sooner or later. This is authentic, and not bootlegged, correct?
Not bootlegged.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 pm

I kind of presumed that.

As for being bootlegged only, I assume that the 1986 album was only bootlegged on CD. It was pressed on vinyl (and I assume cassette) authentically.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 3:51 pm

The album is on CD on a 30th Anniversary Special Edition last year.

I now finally own it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 3:43 am

Discovered this amazing band when purchasing their latest album "King", a while ago.

I recently picked up their second release "While the flame still burns" on cd. One of my best purchases in a long time. This album is quite addictive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desolation Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desolation Angels   Desolation Angels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desolation Angels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: