Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANY GARY MOORE fans????

Go down 
+23
jstate
chewie
cruedevil71
EmoElmo
tohostudios
bass63
Boris2008
James B.
Metal Misfit
akeldama
manny
ghostintheruins
nevermore
journeyman
GrandNational
SAHB Healer
Olafsto
Louder
MoonChild
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
krokus
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Empty
PostSubject: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:36 pm

I am listening to CORRIDORS OF POWER by GARY MOORE on lp and just like to know if their are more GM fans on this forum. I love everything he did from THIN LIZZY / BACK ON THE STREETS solo album till his blues album in the early 90s.
Even G-FORCE album was good.
My fave will always be:
CORRIDORS OF POWER
VICTIMS OF THE FUTURE.
And yours??????????
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Love everything I've ever heard him on, but other than the Thin Lizzy material, I don't have any albums.

I remember when Still Got The Blues came out. I played the title track as much as I could on the radio station I was working for at the time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:31 pm

I have all of his blues albums (I think I have 'em all). Not familiar with his other output.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:51 pm

any Gary Moore fans?

Yes, yes and YES!!! If you search through the playlist you will see he
is a regular spin for me. I prefer his 70's and 80's rock and metal
album to the blues stuff, but I like that too. Love the work he did
with Phil both in and outside of Thin Lizzy.

Corridors of Power, Back on the Streets, Victims of the Future, Run For Cover, Dirty Fingers...all great.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:25 am

Count me in, count me in and RUN FOR COVER with FRIDAY ON MY MIND!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:48 am

Great to see some GARY MOORE fans. yes, i knew Ultmetal that you like his albums very much.
MOONCHILD, FRIDAY ON MY MIND is just a great party song that make you want to go out and have a good time.
METALGUY71, get some of his 80s albums, they are so good.
TALL TYRION, STILL GOT THE BLUES i think is his best sold album. They were playing it on the radio in EUROPE too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:55 am

Another good Gary Moore studio CD is "Grinding Stone". It's from the 70's and has a distinct Jeff Beck feel to some of the guitar work.

I also love Gary Moore live. Coming from the 70's I've always appreciated "jams and Gary Moore and his band have always been good at this.

ult

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:36 am

krokus wrote:

TALL TYRION, STILL GOT THE BLUES i think is his best sold album. They were playing it on the radio in EUROPE too.

I've always had that on my "gotta get sometime list". Too many cds, too few funds. No
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Definitely one of my favorites. I enjoy just about every album I've heard by him.
The solo to Empty Rooms on We Want Moore! will make you cry.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:19 pm

I LOVE his 80`s albums, Victims of the future is my favourite!!
I remember a lot of people didn`t like his vocals back in the day, but i have always liked his singing, as well as his playing of course!!
Not a big fan of his blues albums
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Top of my list are the original Skid Row (UK) albums, and run for cover featuring Glenn Hughes, etc.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:54 pm

I think I have 3 or 4 of his Blues albums. Good stuff, never had a big name lie he deserves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:58 pm

He was great Thin Lizzy, but I'm not real familiar with any of his work other than "Out In The Fields" because Riot covered it.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 pm

Yes. I'm a big fan. Favs include Victims of the Future, Corridors of Power, and Run for Cover. I still get the chills when I hear him do Shapes of Things. An awesome song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:40 pm

Quote :
METALGUY71, get some of his 80s albums, they are so good.

I'd like too, but it's the same old story, so many cd's, so little funds. Plus, I almost never see them in the used bins and barely see them NEW in stores. He's kinda hard to track down.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:36 pm

I love Victims Of The Future and Corridors Of Power. From Thin Lizzy to his solo stuff, Gary's music is great.
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:58 am

I love Gary Moore. I remember been completely blown away when I heard Victims of the Future for the first time. I thought Murder In The Skies was the heaviest thing I'd ever heard. I never really got into his later blues stuff though.

One of my biggest regrets was not going to his gig to celebrate the unveiling of the Phil Lynott statue here in Dublin a few years ago Sad

Woot! First post!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Picked up Gary's new one over the weekend, Bad For You Baby. It continues in the blues/rock style that he's been playing the last few years, which is just fine by me. If you like his other bluesier stuff, this album will be right up your alley.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Huge Gary Moore fan, love him in both his metal phase and now his blues phase. One of my favorite Gary Moore projects was BBM, "Around the next Dream. This is the album where he teams up with former Cream members Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, with Gary Moore taking the place of Eric Clapton. Excellent album IMO, even if some of the tracks are nothing more than Cream classics rewritten.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:49 pm

I too am a HUGE Gary Moore fan. I like everything he's done pretty much.
I like the 3 albums he did with Colosseum II, and the stuff he did with Skid Row in the early 70's. Bruce,Baker, & Moore-Around The Next Dream was good too IMO
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:33 am

manny wrote:
Huge Gary Moore fan, love him in both his metal phase and now his blues phase. One of my favorite Gary Moore projects was BBM, "Around the next Dream. This is the album where he teams up with former Cream members Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, with Gary Moore taking the place of Eric Clapton. Excellent album IMO, even if some of the tracks are nothing more than Cream classics rewritten.

I never heard of that, but it sounds interesting. Is that easy to find?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:39 am

Yes it is, as a matter a fact really cheap to, here is the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000000W6I/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 am

manny wrote:
Yes it is, as a matter a fact really cheap to, here is the amazon link:

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000000W6I/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000000W6I/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used[/quote[/url]]

Hmmmmm, good to know. Was this a Ginger Baker album? Looks like him on the cover.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 am

It is him on the cover but it is Baker, Bruce, and Moore album, if you are a fan of Cream you will love it, since it is basically Bruce and Baker paying tribute to themselves, and re-writing some Cream tunes, with Gary Moore taking the place of Eric Clapton fulfilling a life long dream for him I am sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY GARY MOORE fans????   ANY GARY MOORE fans???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANY GARY MOORE fans????
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next