Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Decline II on tv this morning...

Go down 
+5
jstate
ultmetal
krokus
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This was on again yesterday. During one of the interviews, the director asks Alice Cooper if anyone rips him off. He says something like "I won't mention any names, but the initials are *bleep*". His response is edited out. My 1st thought might be WASP, but I don't think his lips match up. Does anyone know what band he named?

no one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Has anyone ever seen the FIRST Decline movie???
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Sacrifice wrote:

Years ago, I know I rented a badly used VHS copy from my local video store, but honestly it's been so long I don't remember much of it other than it being based on punk bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sacrifice wrote:

Years
ago, I know I rented a badly used VHS copy from my local video store,
but honestly it's been so long I don't remember much of it other than
it being based on punk bands.

It was a pretty good movie. I'm not dissing The second one, but
the first one was alot more realistic. It focused on not only the
bands, but how F***ed up the punk scene really was back then, and how
many of the bands(as well as many of the fans) struggled to survive.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
This was on again yesterday. During one of the interviews, the director asks Alice Cooper if anyone rips him off. He says something like "I won't mention any names, but the initials are *bleep*". His response is edited out. My 1st thought might be WASP, but I don't think his lips match up. Does anyone know what band he named?

no one?

Whoops, didn't see this one til now. The subject of who Alice named has been a matter of debate for years, but the general consensus seems to be that he said either "W.A.S.P." or "Blackie Lawless." I suppose to find out for sure you'd have to ask the Coop!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:50 pm

I recorded this on VHS some time a go when it was also on IFC.

To me, that movie almost came off like a sorta semi-sequel to Spinal Tap, the only thing being that it's all 100% reality! I don't think the Tap guys coulda made some of this smurf poo up even if they tried. lol!

Oddly enough, of the whole gaggle of up-an-coming bands she profiled, Lizzy Borden and Dave Mustaine actually came across as the most eloquent and decent of the whole bunch. All of the others either came off as sleazy (like London) or arrogant (like Odin, who I might add sounded awful).

The 'veterans' they interviewed, like Alice Cooper and Ozzy, actually came off as pretty decent as well. Lemmy almost seemed like my uncle! Of course, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley acted like......well, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley (if Gene didn't exist, we'd have to make him up).

It was also a VERY good way of showing exactly why the entire hair band scene just had to die. The entire subgenre had become so overly-saturated that it had begun rotting from the inside out. Anyone who watched that film and saw Chris Holmes drinking himself into a stupor whilst his mother looks on in silent horror know exactly what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:15 am

Sacrifice wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sacrifice wrote:

Years
ago, I know I rented a badly used VHS copy from my local video store,
but honestly it's been so long I don't remember much of it other than
it being based on punk bands.

It was a pretty good movie. I'm not dissing The second one, but
the first one was alot more realistic. It focused on not only the
bands, but how F***ed up the punk scene really was back then, and how
many of the bands(as well as many of the fans) struggled to survive.

If you liked that, check out "American Hardcore". It's recentely been playing on IFC. Nice doc about the hardcore punk scene of the early 80's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

...almost sounds like an LB or KD.LB would be "Lizzy Borden",and KD "King Diamond".Both obviously were followers/copiers of Alice' just take a look at their macabre stage antics.Who knows...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Iron Age wrote:
...almost sounds like an LB or KD.LB would be "Lizzy Borden",and KD "King Diamond".Both obviously were followers/copiers of Alice' just take a look at their macabre stage antics.Who knows...

I always wondered what Alice thought of KISS. They are rip-offs if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:21 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Iron Age wrote:

I always wondered what Alice thought of KISS. They are rip-offs if you ask me.

I agree,KISS were bigtime rip-offs ...Kind of ironic that Gene years ago actually threatened to sue King Diamond if he didn't alter his make-up.Maybe Gene and Company ought to pony up some dough to Alice ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decline II on tv this morning...   Decline II on tv this morning... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decline II on tv this morning...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2