Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question For Bible Believing Christians

Go down 
+9
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
Stender
Thrasher73
kmorg
ultmetal
T-Roy
DallasBlack
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Question For Bible Believing Christians - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:28 am

Addy wrote:
Proverbs for me

1 A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger. - Proverbs 15:1

Yup. There is a lot to be said about your "approach".

Also, I agree Saxon. I think God can use anyone. If he can use a donkey, he can certainly use a JW, or even me.

However, JWs can also be very dangerous. Theology and doctrines aside, sociological cults are dangerous. Many of the crazy, hyper-religious stories you hear come from these sorts of cults. People become separated from society, family, friends, etc. and give all devotion to their religious leader or religious organization. The infamous Jim Jones, founder of the Peoples Temple, which became synonymous with group suicide was a sociological cult. David Koresh and the Branch Davidian sect near Waco, Texas are a sociological cult. While there are vast differences between cults, in general they rule people's lives and demand complete devotion to the leader or organization. It's about uniformity over unity.

I also don't think, as I once did, that anyone involved in one of the various cults are not "saved". Who the heck was I to make that judgment? Quit frankly, just because someone doesn't have their theology quit right doesn't mean they are not trusting in Jesus for their salvation. God alone knows the hearts of men.

What did Paul say the crux of the Gospel message was? "Christ and him crucified". We are saved by our faith in Jesus, not by our doctrines, our works, our church affiliations or lack thereof, etc.

1 Corinthians 2:1-2
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Question For Bible Believing Christians - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question For Bible Believing Christians   Question For Bible Believing Christians - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm late to this party. Very Happy

Romans is my favorite book as The Lord used it to draw me out of the pit.

On the JW discussion. I once had a couple come to my door and so I asked them in and we talked for about an hour. At the end the lady was crying and said she had never read where Jesus offered salvation to all. She had been struggling with feelings of not doing enough good and wanted to explore the idea of grace more. They had to leave, (they were fetched by someone else) but said they would come back in a week to talk more. Next week the guy who fetched them was going around again and I asked about that couple. He said they needed more education so they were off the street for awhile and that my place had been marked. Told me I was apostate. Made me very sad. I hope and pray that lady finds real peace.
Back to top Go down

Question For Bible Believing Christians
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3